2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 02-17-2021, 01:30 AM   #26
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: 03 Mach 1 open heart surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty67 View Post
The hydraulic force of grease vs the hydraulic force of Wonder Bread. Which will be more fun? =)

Been a busy week so I never got the pics up from last weekend (and the website was down for a bit).

So I just tried posting a bunch of pics from Google photos and that totally doesn't work. I'll make a new post with some pics....
do the bread... since I have done the grease.

all my photos are from google photos, I view them in slideshow then grab the link of the pic; but you have to make sure the album is public first.
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:35 AM   #27
TKat13
Mach-T

Quote:

How much HP does this free up? Who knows but I figured while I was doing all this other stuff I might as well swap this pulley just for the hell of it. What do you guys think?
I would wager that you won't actually notice it in your butt-o-meter.

But, the MMR unit looks way cooler... I might get one just for that reason.
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
Old 02-21-2021, 11:15 PM   #28
Rusty67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKat13 View Post
do the bread... since I have done the grease.

all my photos are from google photos, I view them in slideshow then grab the link of the pic; but you have to make sure the album is public first.
I'll see if I can get the google photos to work, I'll double check the permissions on them, thanx. Also I've added Wonderbread to the shopping list for this coming weekend =)

Quote:
I would wager that you won't actually notice it in your butt-o-meter.

But, the MMR unit looks way cooler... I might get one just for that reason.
Ya, the total reduction in rotational mass is for REALLY min/maxing every last ounce of HP but since it looks so cool and it doesn't exactly break the bank, so why not?

Got the front main seal off the donor motor today but I couldn't get the new one in. Stuck the new one in the freezer for an hour and it went right in. Also my OTC bushing service set had the perfect size "seal driver" in it. OTC 39976 if anyone is wondering.
Attached Thumbnails
front main seal new.jpg   bushing tool.jpg  
Rusty67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 11:22 PM   #29
Rusty67

I haven't gotten as much done this weekend as I wanted to. I have been totally worn out, had a strange sleep issue this week for no reason 2 nights so I'm down like 8 hours of sleep for the week right now. Haven't been able to catch any extra Z's so I'm running low on energy.

Last weekend I pulled my front bumper off and removed my oil filter relocation setup. I ended up just cutting the hoses since i need to replace them anyways. I'll need to take this all apart and clean everything thoroughly to make sure there aren't any metal shavings in any of the nooks and crannies in there. Probably need to replace the gaskets in the adapter block for the motor as well.

If you guys don't have any oil filter relocation setup, it is worth it for 3 reasons. First, you don't spill oil all over your steering rack every time you change the oil, second you can use the older 5.0 pushrod filter instead of the tiny tiny baby 4.6L filter and third you get a little more oil capacity for your oil system. All of these are things i think are good. There are obviously tons of kits out there for this but I ended up building out my own. Not sure if it was any cheaper but I got it done my way and I've been happy with it for years.
Attached Thumbnails
Oil filter relo.jpg   oil filter relo close up.jpg  
Old 02-21-2021, 11:34 PM   #30
Rusty67

Last weekend I also pulled the sway bar out and then unbolted the AC pump from the block. I tied some rope to the sway bar mount on the passenger side of the car and hung the AC pump off to the side.

I'm hoping I can pull off the same thing on the drivers side with the power steering pump but I think the only way to get to one of the mounting bolts is to remove one of the lines

This weekend I pulled the rest of the suspension off of the front of the car. My MM CC kit bump stops were absolutely thrashed and completely deteriorated. I put in an order for a new pair yesterday, I had no idea they had taken such a beating over the last few years. They were still in great shape the last time I'd seen them.

I'm probably going to take this opportunity to install the Global West front control arm bushings I'd bought a while back. I'm particularly unhappy with the Energy suspension kit that I got in there a while back. It has never fit quite right even though I replaced the metal bushing shells in the arms. I might post a thread on that if you guys are interested in it but I'm not going to touch that project until I've got the donor motor in the K and the K back in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
AC on sway bar mount.jpg   AC tied up.jpg   front suspension off1.jpg   front suspension off2.jpg  
Old 02-22-2021, 03:31 AM   #31
TKat13
Mach-T

Quote:
I haven't gotten as much done this weekend as I wanted to. I have been totally worn out, had a strange sleep issue this week for no reason 2 nights so I'm down like 8 hours of sleep for the week right now. Haven't been able to catch any extra Z's so I'm running low on energy.

Last weekend I pulled my front bumper off and removed my oil filter relocation setup. I ended up just cutting the hoses since i need to replace them anyways. I'll need to take this all apart and clean everything thoroughly to make sure there aren't any metal shavings in any of the nooks and crannies in there. Probably need to replace the gaskets in the adapter block for the motor as well.

If you guys don't have any oil filter relocation setup, it is worth it for 3 reasons. First, you don't spill oil all over your steering rack every time you change the oil, second you can use the older 5.0 pushrod filter instead of the tiny tiny baby 4.6L filter and third you get a little more oil capacity for your oil system. All of these are things i think are good. There are obviously tons of kits out there for this but I ended up building out my own. Not sure if it was any cheaper but I got it done my way and I've been happy with it for years.
What is the "joes'" unit doing? I have a relocation kit but no joes...
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
Old 02-22-2021, 03:33 AM   #32
TKat13
Mach-T

Quote:
Last weekend I also pulled the sway bar out and then unbolted the AC pump from the block. I tied some rope to the sway bar mount on the passenger side of the car and hung the AC pump off to the side.

I'm hoping I can pull off the same thing on the drivers side with the power steering pump but I think the only way to get to one of the mounting bolts is to remove one of the lines

This weekend I pulled the rest of the suspension off of the front of the car. My MM CC kit bump stops were absolutely thrashed and completely deteriorated. I put in an order for a new pair yesterday, I had no idea they had taken such a beating over the last few years. They were still in great shape the last time I'd seen them.

I'm probably going to take this opportunity to install the Global West front control arm bushings I'd bought a while back. I'm particularly unhappy with the Energy suspension kit that I got in there a while back. It has never fit quite right even though I replaced the metal bushing shells in the arms. I might post a thread on that if you guys are interested in it but I'm not going to touch that project until I've got the donor motor in the K and the K back in the car.
You are so close to going tube K-member and coil overs. frees up a ton of space FWIW... not trying to add to your budget.. .lol
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
Old 02-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #33
Rusty67

Quote:
What is the "joes'" unit doing? I have a relocation kit but no joes...
The Joe's Racing adapter lets me put an oil temp sensor in without restricting the oil flow. I might be able to dig up the part number for you if you want.

Quote:
You are so close to going tube K-member and coil overs. frees up a ton of space FWIW... not trying to add to your budget.. .lol
I know, I know.... I almost bought a full Maximum setup but I just want to get the car back on the road with as little effort as possible. When I do a coyote swap I'll be going full Maximum.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:00 PM   #34
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

making progress, looking good, like your new setup for the oil filter too.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote