2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 11-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
NewSpeedSteed

Best Suspention Kit

My car is going to be a dual purpose car- its going to undoubtedly see the drag strip and at the same time, its going to be on a road course or auto cross. I had originally planned on a purely drag oriented setup but my friends have gotten me hooked on twisties. I don't want to piece a kit together so I'm looking for actual kit- I don't really care about the price so I decided to go with a full out kit instead of piecing stuff together. So far I'm looking at Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box (says its for the Mustang GT) but almost everything should fit on a Mach 1 right? I know misc. stuff like the strut tower brace (under the hood) won't fit because of the shaker. I'm also looking at a Griggs setup. I'm a little confused by there page, they list an "open track/auto cross suspension" but theres two listings, and two different prices yet the kits seem exactly the same. One kit is about a grand cheaper than the other. Lastly there is the cheapest option, being the EIBACH PRO-STREET-S coil over system. Its like $2,000 compared to 5-7k with the other setups.

The car currently has full exhaust (BBK long tubes and matching X pipe and a SLP cat-back) I don't want clearance to be an issue, I'm planning on a T-56 swap in the future as well.

My question is which setup would be best for me? The car is not and will never be a daily driver and I'm looking for the kit with the least compromises in handling (I don't want it to handle poorly at the strip or on the corners). Any help or advice is appreciated!
NewSpeedSteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #2
8616v

Re: Best Suspention Kit

get the 03/04 cobra IRS suspension kit...

seriously though...unless your planing on making stupid hp levels you'll probably be happier with a well built togather IRS...and it will knock some money off the suspension alltogather if find a free swap... :shrug
Born: 03/26/2003 Bought: 09/07/2005
8616v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #3
CompOrange
PSR Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8616v View Post
get the 03/04 cobra IRS suspension kit...

seriously though...unless your planing on making stupid hp levels you'll probably be happier with a well built togather IRS...and it will knock some money off the suspension alltogather if find a free swap... :shrug
If it's not going to be just a strip car, I'd see if you can swap for an IRS with a Cobra owner looking for a solid axle setup who is wanting to run pretty much just the 1/4.

2003 Mach 1 - Azure Blue
5 speed

Mostly stock...except for a few goodies
CompOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #4
RedFire01

I would have to suggest the IRS swap too if you are looking for the best option. Im sure the reason for the MM and griggs setups being more expensve is because there kit includes tubular k memembers and such vs. the Eibach setup which is just a coilover set up.

If you really want to do it rite. Swap in an IRS and order up the maximum motorsports kit for the cobras.