2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 03-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
TRbetngu

Rotorpros going under?

So, ever since I got my car, the drivers side rear brakes squeak like CRAZY. I believe the rotor is warped because it gets quicker with speed and completely stops when any braking is applied.

So, I decided to bite the bullet on all new rotors and pads. Did some research and saw that Rotorpros looked like a good option. WRONG. I put in my order March 6th, 14ish business days ago. I emailed them today because they said originally that it would take 8-14 days for arrival.

This is the email I get back:
"Dear Rotorpros customer, due to circumstances beyond our control we will be offering mass refunds for now. We are looking for new suppliers, zinc and color coating facilities. Our current ones have stiffed us for tens of thousands of dollars and have been giving us the run around for months. We apologize for the major inconveniences. Once we get things straightened out we will contact you in the event you have not purchased elsewhere already. You can expect a refund to post to your account next week. Sorry about this mess."

Great. Just great.

Can anybody recommend some other replacement brakes? I thought about going to Autozone and just get one rear Duralast rotor for $40. Would that cause issues putting on just one rotor of a different brand? Pep boys in town also sells EBC brake rotors. Any reviews on those?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of hearing this squeak.

-P1-SC kit
-Magnaflow Catted X w/ Borla Stingers
-MGW Shifter
-H&R SS springs
-18" AFS reps
-Treated better than my wife
TRbetngu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
JCal

Re: Rotorpros going under?

TRbetngu, I've had this happen because of worn out clutch pack in the rear. It lets the axel move out a bit when cornering and will rub and squeal after a while. I thought it was a warped rotor or stuck caliper at first too. Just a thought anyway? Jim
JCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
TRbetngu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCal View Post
TRbetngu, I've had this happen because of worn out clutch pack in the rear. It lets the axel move out a bit when cornering and will rub and squeal after a while. I thought it was a warped rotor or stuck caliper at first too. Just a thought anyway? Jim
Interesting. Thank you for the suggestion, I will have to look into that. If it were the clutch pack would the squeaking stop when I hit the brakes? That's the only thing that leads me to believe that it is related. Anytime I tap the brakes at all the noise stops.

-P1-SC kit
-MGW Shifter
-H&R SS springs
-18" AFS reps
Old 03-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #4
sutyak
it's soo-tack

I've had something similar with aftermarket gears. Both my first Mach with 4.56's and this one after 4.10's I had to shim the driver side caliper with washers, or the caliper would touch the rotor.
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #5
32VALVR
Registered Mach Abuser

I also had to shim my calipers after installing Moser 31 spline axles, the flange is just that much thicker.
As to Rotorpros, they are all show and no go. Just get yourself some parts house replacement rotors. All the drilled stuff is junk if track your car at all.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #6
TRbetngu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutyak View Post
I've had something similar with aftermarket gears. Both my first Mach with 4.56's and this one after 4.10's I had to shim the driver side caliper with washers, or the caliper would touch the rotor.
Right, that makes sense. This car has factory gears, though.

-P1-SC kit
-MGW Shifter
-H&R SS springs
-18" AFS reps
Old 03-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #7
03Shadow Grey

Everyone has there opinion but I went with Power Stop rotors and ceramic pads on my last Mustang and I loved them. No, I didnt track them with multiple 100-0 stops for 30 min at a time but I drove that car hard for over 2 years without any issues. I just depends on the type of driving you plan on doing . When these factory rotors are out of turn material, thats where im headed.
03Shadow Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
03Shadow Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCal View Post
Hmm, same here. Sometimes when I leave to and from work, I get this same noise not constant just squeak,squeak,squeak as i am making a turn and as soon as i hit the brake it quits, maybe once more before I get to the main road then it wont do it till the next day.
03Shadow Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 AM   #9
311-420
Can't be bridled

Hopefully rotorpros gets their vendor situation figured out. I've ordered from him a few times and always had good luck and good prices.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

sad to hear, my recent order was delayed a bit due to issues with the zinc coater supposedly. My previous set of slotted only (not drilled) rotors held up fine at the small track in Gainesville

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #11
311-420
Can't be bridled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
sad to hear, my recent order was delayed a bit due to issues with the zinc coater supposedly. My previous set of slotted only (not drilled) rotors held up fine at the small track in Gainesville
My slotted only rotors have been great for 20k+ miles. His prices on pads always beat AM too.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #12
TRbetngu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
My slotted only rotors have been great for 20k+ miles. His prices on pads always beat AM too.
It's all very weird. They emailed me that they had no zinc and that they were going to be doing mass refunds, but they just posted an Instagram picture TODAY saying that they were having a huge sale on Mustang brakes. Something fishy is going on.

-P1-SC kit
-MGW Shifter
-H&R SS springs
-18" AFS reps