2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #51
Krashdavus

Re: How did you find your mach?

Wife's TR Mach, found it on Kijiji in September '08. It had only 1,800km on it, stored in a trailer. Owner was moving to England to work for Ford. Made a tentative deal on, based on the pending sale of her '88 SC3800 Fiero GT. Sale fell through and so did the deal on the Mach. Six months later, I found a buyer for the Fiero. Checked back with the TR Mach seller, and he still had it. His intent was to take it with him to England, but the shipping fees were $5K, which was a bit stiff. He was now in a tough bind since had less than a month to move it. Brought it home a week after unloading the Fiero. My wife loves that car and she turns heads with it where ever she goes.

Fell in love with the Wife's Mach and figured I had to have my own. Through Cars-On-Line, I found a black Mach out of south Buffalo, with only 1,636 miles on it. Car had been in climate controlled storage since day one. I'd been watching it online for over a year, and wasn't moving since it was way over priced. I put my first car ever, up for sale; a modded 331 Pace Car, which I bought back when I was 18 (in late 1981). Finally found a buyer for the Pace Car, and made an offer on the black Mach the day I deposited the check from the Pace Car. Went down to Buffalo with a trailer to pick it up a week later. Crossing the Border was a pain in the butt. Canadian Customs thought I was lying about the price I paid for the car, made a big deal about it till I told them to do a web search on the going rate for these cars. Smart move on my behalf, they finally backed off and let me go.

Both cars are only driven on sunny days, from May to October. Her tag reads "SPDOFSND" and mine reads "SHKRHOOD". It's a Mach made in Heaven.

Last edited by Krashdavus; 02-08-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: add photos
Krashdavus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #52
Explosive

Look what I just found,

Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #53
281mustang

CL.

Being that the pictures sucked and CL is what it is I thought it was going to be trashed but it was **** near immaculate. We made a deal on the spot and it was in my driveway the next morning.
281mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #54
glittle75

Moved to New Bern, NC, had a 98gt at the time. Loved that car, did H/C/I gears, bolt-ons, spray, had alot of fun. Owned the car for like 6 years. Had a Fox before that.
1 Block away from me was a guy that had an AB Mach. I was in a club at the time (wotmustang.com) and invited him. He joined and we hung out for a year or so. Then I had my daughter. The wife was drivin a 99 cavalier at the time, and the gt. So we needed a family car.
Her Cavy was worth maybe 1500 bucks, so we traded my mustang for an '02 escape, straight trade. I dd the cav for maybe 2 years.
Kid is big enough for a regular carseat, which will fit in a mustang.
Nieghbor was waning to sell his Mach to try to have a child as well. I called the bank, bank said yes. So then I called the wife. After a night of persuading, massaging, and candles, chocolate, etc.... She said yes.
Went to the bank the next day and signed everything.
18k for a 03 AB, with 17k miles, full suspension on the front end, and a KB 2.1 with enough supporting mods to take 750hp. All I need to do is forge it.
glittle75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #55
SergeantZ

I sold my '10 GT500 back in September last year, a month ago I started getting the itch again since my Lightning doesn't fill that void. I thought, hell, I've already had an '85 SVO, '02 GT, '03 Cobra, and '10 GT500, what have I not tried yet? I started searching for a super cheap project and happened upon an '04 TR Mach 1 with 180k miles in decent shape. Went to Dallas to check it out, gave him a check for $6500, then drove it home.
SergeantZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #56
SHAKERRR

In 2006, my wife was driving along as we passed a Ford dealer in Connecticut. Near the road in a row of used cars I spotted the Mach. I yelled "pull in, pull in!!!" followed by my wife saying "oh crap!".
I always wanted a Mustang even though I had always been a GM guy owning many GM muscle over the years.
I returned to the dealer a few days later for a test drive. I fell in love and bought my first FORD. It had 19k miles and some after market goodies.

I'll never forget the feeling of the drive it home!
Attached Thumbnails
Mach1.jpg  
62mm BBK TB
K&N Airfilter
FR 42# Injectors
Focus Fuel Pump
KB Boost-A-Pump
Full SS Bassani Ex.
Diablo MAFia
Steeda TriAx Shifter
Stewart Gauges
AEM Air/Fuel Gauge
Eibach Sportlines
MM Panhardbar
SLP Linelock
AFS 17x10.5 Mach1
315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials
Stock Internals
Conservative Tune
438hp/405tq
SHAKERRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #57
JPJNTX

My wife decided she wanted a Mach 1. I started checking all the local forums, CL, Yahoo, etc. After about a month, her car showed on our mustang club forum. Went to look at it, and bought it the next morning when the bank opened.
JPJNTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #58
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

I drove my mint 91 LX to a car show ,was just looking at cars ,when a guy offered to buy it , cash offer I could not refuse.

I was looking online for Dealer listings in N.C. but none had an AB. Kept looking out of state by searching Mach 1. I found a Dodge dealer in Orlando, Fl. Just got one in on a trade for a Dodge SUV. I asked them if they would let me call the person , it was a girl that worked at Hooters . She used the car just for shows and said sadly she traded it because she was expecting a child. I got the Dealer to send me more detailed pics and sent a deposit of $500.dollars back. The dealer then took off $1,500 more off the price when i told him I was paying cash. I got a plane ticket for me and my wife and flew down. The car was perfect and still had 3 years of Ford warranty left. Next they said that the sales tax that was figured into the price for N.C.wasnt required. Orlando Dodge even ended up paying for our flight down there ! I ended up getting the car $3,000 less than stated and drove it home. I tried to get them to fill the tank up first ,but they just laughed !
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #59
towbar

My old man had a 69 428CJ when I was growing up that he sold. For years after he sold it, he was always saying he wanted another Mach 1. Then when we found out ford was going to make them again he said he wanted one, but it had to be red. My mom and I looked around forever and saw a bunch, but all the dealers had at least a 5 grand mark up on them. There was no way we were going to pay that. Then one day, I was driving by the small dealership in town and saw a torch red one sitting out front. I stopped in to look at it and it was a 5 speed IUP car just like we were looking for. I asked how much and they said they would sell it for sticker. Sweet, I called my mom and they bought it that day.
Fast forward 4 years and 14,000 miles later, my old man decides he wants a powerstroke diesel instead. So he trades in the mach . I had an 02 GT at the time and said screw it, went to the dealership that same day and traded in the GT on the mach. Now it has 34000 miles
Whats funny is now my dad had the itch for another mustang so he just bought an 08 GT/CS convertible. I make fun of him all the time cause the mach is still faster though.

03 Mach 1 TR
93 LX 2.3T
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #60
73mach03

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKERRR View Post
I always wanted a Mustang even though I had always been a GM guy owning many GM muscle over the years.
Had a few GM F-bodies over the years myself, but the Mach 1 is enough to make anyone jump over the fence.
73mach03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #61
GundamVader
03 Mach 1 owner

I had a 1984 Cadillac Coupe De Ville with hydraulics on it, and needed a car to handle a bit more of a drive for my commute to college and back now. At the LA Auto Show, Ford had jsut started their test drive a car and get a gift card, at that time it was $75, so went to the dealership and was interested in a couple cars but didnt think I'd get new at the time but wanted to try out the fusion just for kicks.

Test drove got backa d they asked if I wanted to try any other cars, was looking at the Mustang as I had loved them, then out of the corner of my eye, I see the shaker. Immediately I was drawn in, knew of the machs but didn't think I'd see one out here and for a reasonable price. Went for a test drove, instant love.

Talked the dealer down an additional 4K so down from 18 to 14,000 for it due to some scratches on the drivers side scoop. At the same time the dealer was in an ecstatic state as someone was buying 2 GT500's from them.

Traded in the caddy, less than what I was hoping for but a lot of things were starting to creep up, hydraulics needed to be rebuilt and was getting problematic at smog.

Miss the Caddy but the Mach is definitely way more fun

Bone stock....FOR NOW

RIP:
Black 03 mach 1 automatic
Mods:
Slotted Brembo brakes
K&N Air Filter
Shaker Air Diverter
Mach 1 ebay cupholder ring
GundamVader is offline   Reply With Quote