2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Brakes & Suspension

Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 AM   #1
Black Mach 1
32V Powered

Eibach Sway Bars - Opinions?

I am debating the Eibach sway bars. Has anyone used them and is there any real difference over stock?
Black Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
MachForNow

Re: Eibach Sway Bars - Opinions?

Funny you ask this question because I just installed the Eibach front & rear sway bar set a couple weeks ago. I bought the set because I had recently broke a Steeda rear sway bar (if you can believe it), and since I was planning on doing a lot of suspension work I said what the hell. They are beefy that's for sure, the front is rolled...not solid, and all I can say is my mach handles better than it ever has. I believe the front bar is 34mm, and it definately helps keep the car more neutral than the stock bar. The only problem was the end links bolts were about 1/4" too short, so the bushings had to be ground down a bit to fit. I could have re-used the stockers, but I wanted everything new.

The best part about this is believe it or not I bought my Eibach sway bar set from Amazon.com for $239.99 w/free shipping, got another $30 off for applying for their credit card & putting it on that, and Eibach themselves were giving a $20 rebate. So basicly I got the set for about $190!!!!!!!!!

MachForNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
761.2MPH
Zaino Junkie Club

Like MACHFORNOW I have just put them on my car a few weeks ago. Didn't know anyone who had them and so figured I'd try them out. I also had problems with the endlinks but took a break and came back and ended up getting them to work without moding them. My big problem was with the rear bar. I'm running the Steeda aluminum non-adjustable lower control arms and the bolts that came in the kit and the stock bolts were to short. However it was nothing a quick trip to the hardware store for some bolts nuts and washers couldn't fix.:THUMBSUP:
O yeah...car drives AWESOME!
MCA#64085

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on."
761.2MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:34 AM   #4
todd4566
User Registered

I also recommend beefier sway bars. I haven't tried Eibach, but I'm sure you'll notice some flatter cornering.
Da' Mods: 95' Cobra R's, Polished Shaker, Tri-Ax Shifter, Fiore Quadrant & FWA, K&N FIPK, FRPP 'C' Springs, MM C/C Plates, Tokico HP's, Steeda STB, MM K-Member Brace, MM Rear Swaybar, Steeda Front Swaybar & shortened end-links, Kenny Brown Subframes, JLT PCV Pre-Filter, Poly Rack Bushings, Welded Torque Boxes

Previous Stang's:
00' Laser Red Mustang GT
89' Dark Blue Mustang GT (9psi KB)
89' Black Mustang LX (2.3L)
todd4566 is offline   Reply With Quote