2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel)

Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
kallen924
LT MOTORSPORTS.COM

overheating ?

Ok so my car was having an overheating problem that ended up being a burned up fan motor and a popped fuse. Replaced it and thought everything was golden, been driving it for about a week and i got stuck in some traffic today with the ac on and it started to run a little hotter than normal. So i dropped the windows kicked the ac off and turned on the heater to help some. This helped a little but still ended up over heating. I ended up driving it home after dark about 5 hours later and it seemed to be fine. Check the the fan and the fuse and everything seem good i even checked to make sure it was kicking on and it was. Was wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Im stumped, Have owned the car for 5 years now and been running cams for 2 and a half and havent ever had any problems with it. Any suggestions?
kallen924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
phillyphan00

Re: overheating ?

I second this ... I have also been having the same problems, changed my thermostat, fan and fuse. I was thinking that it may be time to get a new radiator with some additional capacity.
phillyphan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
SHAKERRR

I recently had the same problem. My car has NEVER overheated before. I was idling for about 15-20 minutes (air temp was near 90*f) and the needle started climbing. It blew all the antifreeze out.
Luckily, I was within sight of an autozone. I put new antifreeze and drove home with no problem.
The next day I tested the fan and it does work however it is making a lot of noise/vibrations. I left the car running another 20min and the temps never went higher then normal.

Very strange. I am planning on replacing the stock fan with a hi-performance one just to be safe.
I am also going to install some Lucas or Purple coolant additive. I have had good luck with them previously.
62mm BBK TB
K&N Airfilter
FR 42# Injectors
Focus Fuel Pump
KB Boost-A-Pump
Full SS Bassani Ex.
Diablo MAFia
Steeda TriAx Shifter
Stewart Gauges
AEM Air/Fuel Gauge
Eibach Sportlines
MM Panhardbar
SLP Linelock
AFS 17x10.5 Mach1
315/35/17 BFG Drag Radials
Stock Internals
Conservative Tune
438hp/405tq
SHAKERRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
openb

Ok, having same issues. Couple months ago, it overheated, & had the t-stat replaced. Sat. I had the serpentine belt replaced, then we left for Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week. When we got here, I noticed a squealing when the A/C is on. I think it might be the A/C clutch plate. It goes away when the A/C is off. At idle, the A/C blows warm. No problem, I just won't use the A/C this week. Well, tonight, in all the stop & go traffic, it overheats & blows out the coolant overflow cap. I let it cool & refill. It still ran hot the twenty blocks back to the hotel. Any of this related, or coincidence? Anyone know a trust worthy mechanic in M/B? I passed a Ford dealer on 501.
openb is offline   Reply With Quote