2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 05-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
NastyNate

Tearing open built motor

SO i build my motor last Jan. has about 15k miles on it. The bottom end is how I want it but I didnt have enough funds to finish the top end off the way id wanted to. The plan is for twin turbos 700ish hp. SO i been thinking about getting some 98 cams and everything needed to degree them. I also need to install new guides and secondary tensioners and chains as those werent changed out before. Ill also install a new oil pan. Should I pull a cap and check the bearing while Im in there ? anything else I should do while im in there ? Im upgrading the front suspension so i plan on pulling the motor when I do it.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: Tearing open built motor

If still an aluminum block might wanna look at the timing pivot/dowel upgrade.

I assume the cam choice is a budget driven thing vs springs and aftermarket cams?

If the heads weren't gone though last time exhaust seats would be a good idea as well

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #3
NastyNate

Re: Tearing open built motor

Yeah ill upgrade the dowels and ad spacers and shave the rachets on the tensioners as well. I will also add a head cooling mod. I had the redone already so they should be good. Im not really looking to spend too much money on heads. The main thing i wanted to do is the guides and degree the cams.
NastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote