2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

My brother-in-laws Ford commercial

Ford did a commercial about the Independence Fund, which was started and is run by my sisters husband. The Fund raises money to help veterans by supplying them with mobility chairs and other medical assisance Everyone who works for the fund do so without a single dime in compensation. His only frustration is that he now faces a situation where is going to have to hire a full time bookkeeper, which will have to be paid. He really wants every bit of the contributions to go to the people who need the help.
A segment of this ran during tonights showing of Gotham on Fox.
https://stuff.teamdetroit.com/tditub.../AFj81ClO.html

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
Lonestar77777

Cool Re: My brother-in-laws Ford commercial

Yes have to do lots of accounting of the money and need a lawyer to file some of the non profit and charity paperwork with our friends at the IRS. He may get lucky and find some free help I will pray he does.

LS
Lonestar77777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Re: My brother-in-laws Ford commercial

I am grateful to God for people that do this type of stuff for our Vets,
It means so much for them to have people that care and also Vets helping Vets.
This is just another way people are helping Vets and there is so many different ways to go about it. I am proud to be a Combat Vet and proud to be able to still serve my brothers and sisters in Arms and helping them and their family members. That is what my 14 acre Horse Ranch that we are closing on at the end of the month is going to be for. It will take time to build up, but with God's guiding it, the path will go as plan and they will come.
We hope to be able to do ministry, arts and crafts, BBQ, retreats, Car meets/stuff, horses, prayer walks, and many other things to help out the Veterans find healing and know that life is not over for them and that this is the new normal/phase in their life.
We (my wife and I) hope to team up with different people to come together in order to help the Vets in the different areas that will connect with them.
There is no one place that can take on the healing by itself, its a team effort and there are many different ways to go about helping.
For example, I am not really into fishing, but a lot of Vets are, but there are other groups that just focus on that as their helping and that is where it is having the connection and not being selfish and sending that person that direction. Just like Ford with helping move these guys out doors, they truly are another part to this helping process and I pray God keeps it going to help those in need.
Thanks for sharing this with me and it really makes me happy to see this type of stuff going on.
I believe not to get in a arugement with anyone, but this is and should be a focus for our government, taking care of our own, our Veterans that served this country, whether it was draft or volunteer to serve.
If someone does a little research at the amount of homeless Combat Veterans, one would be amazed at how many there are or the amount of Combat Veterans that kill themselves each day. It is truly sad and it is a team effort to at least slim down those amounts and in a perfect world none would deal with that.
But one may say what can I do to make a change, well just taking the time to show you care and see how that person is doing, taking the time to show you care and not just say hi and bye.
There are many different ways to get involved and I'm sure if you search you will find.
Sorry on my soap box, just very personal for me and others
I know when I got injured I got in the mail a care package from M1R and I will say just that little box made a big difference for me, that is why I am love this forum so much and it has moved past cars, its a big family for me and means a lot having the support on here over the years.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

there is nothing like a conversation from a military member that just got back from a deployment to put your life into perspective.

one of the Project Managers my team works with did his "reserve duty" in Georgia this past weekend - last year he got back from active duty in Iraq. there is no "simple" conversation with this guy, he is straight forward on every little detail.

we had a meeting Monday morning and breaking the ice I asked, "how was your weekend?"
he says "I came back alive, which is great; we did four jumps and one was in the pouring rain" (jumps meaning parachute "training missions")
in that instant, my life became extremely less complicated.

best wishes for your brother-in-law's cause.

_
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #5
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes.
I know how hard he has worked for this cause, and how committed he is with no regard to self compensation. When he came back from his tour he wasted no time in finding ways to get this up and running.
This is the site for the fund, and I want to give a very vocal shout out to Gary Sinese who has been instrumental in getting the Fund a lot of attention, and lots of strong support with his Lt. Dan Band and Lt. Dan Weekend.
http://www.independencefund.org/

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-16-2015, 01:19 PM   #6
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Thanks to all of you for your well wishes.
I know how hard he has worked for this cause, and how committed he is with no regard to self compensation. When he came back from his tour he wasted no time in finding ways to get this up and running.
This is the site for the fund, and I want to give a very vocal shout out to Gary Sinese who has been instrumental in getting the Fund a lot of attention, and lots of strong support with his Lt. Dan Band and Lt. Dan Weekend.
http://www.independencefund.org/

I saw the Lt. Dan Band up in Fort Lewis a few years back, amazing guy and loves the military

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

They actually ran it again the week after as well as tonight on The Simpsons. Kudoes to Ford for doing this, i hope it brings a lot of recognition and donations to help those who rally need and deserve it.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 04-27-2015, 11:11 PM   #8
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

What a noble effort...thanks for sharing, John.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote