2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay

Ebay Watch - Mach 1 stuff on eBay If you find something Mach 1 Related on eBay - Post it here!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #26
Pennington

Re: '01 Bullitt Craigslist 3600 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt 736 View Post
No no. I know you're not trying start a war. I agree it was behind the Cobra as I acknowledged. You guys got the 4v. The project team tried to get it for the Bullitt but it would have had SVT in an uproar. Management would not allow it. The Mach 1 was able to get the 4v because the SVT team was adding the s/c to the Cobra.

The Mach 1 project team was headed by the same man who lead the Bullitt project . Scott Hoag. Same team. Same enthusiasts. So where is the exclusivity?

I'm lost with the parts bin comment. Most of the Bullitt upgrades had never been seen on another Mustang, sans Cobra brake system.

Ill ask again though, other than more flash (which I like as well) versus subdued looks, 4v and shaker excluded, where are all of the other unique items to the Mach 1? Your comment regarding that is what I disagreed with.

Again, not starting a war. This is good discussion. Come to the Shootouts. I'll buy you a beer too.
Forgot to answer these aspects of your post...

Art Hyde used the words "parts bin" in reference to the development of the '01 Bullitt before I did, stating that Team Mustang wanted there to be performance differences between it and the GT. They reached into the bucket of parts being developed for the Ford Racing catalog to do so.

The Bullitt was first a styling concept, as you know, for the LA Auto Show. It got so much attention that Ford had no choice not to build it. The Mach 1, on the other hand, was brought to Ford by enthusiasts wanting a special edition like the Bullitt but a marriage of the 4V and solid rear axle for drag racing. I personally know one of the few guys who met with and pleaded with Ford to get it done. They agreed and thankfully Classic Design Concepts and the Huismans had perfected the Shaker for the 4.6 to be able to complete the package.
Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:15 AM   #27
TKat13
Mach-T

Tried not to jump in, but for the most part both of you guys are right. lol.

Both cars are basically from the Ford parts bin, just something that I not only accept for very proud of Ford for doing. The created two unique cars with mostly parts they either had at Ford or Ford Racing.

For 2001, it would not make sense for Ford to equal the performance of the Cobra, aka, 4Valve motor.

For 2003/4, this restriction was lifted but only by allowing the 4V but not supercharger. And, while our 4V borrowed the crank and heads from the Cobra (manual), it did add higher compression pistons to the mix but NOT a hand built 4Valve like the SVT motors. So, it was a parts bin motor as well for the most part.

Gears, well, thank Ford Racing.

Both cars had interior changes that were unique, but to be honest I believe the Mach even benefited from some of the Bullitt interior parts. Seats are different, etc. Hood, shaker, list goes on.

Also, the side scoops on the Mach were pulled from the terminator, how do I know? When I took my scoops off to do a full repaint of the Mach, 'Terminator' was stamped inside the scoops. Again, parts bin! lol

Yes, honeycomb was unique. Chin, paint, spoiler, etc. Got it.

Again, imho, Both Bullitt and Mach are parts bin cars. Both have followers that have kept the values somewhat high, even compared to the 99-01 Cobra. I think quality examples of all three command a very similar price. Now, the terminator is way above all three, but lets face it, SVT did that car just about perfect in every way, looks and performance. I love my Mach, I could have picked up a Cobra as I was looking at them new and decided on the Mach as this is what I preferred.

Finally, after doing the build I have done and redoing, the one thing that really hit home once you yank so many of these parts off and put back on, you quickly realize that the Bullitt, Mach, Cobra and GT are just Mustangs with bolt-ons and a special VIN. That statement may indeed chap some hides but strip one down and rebuild one and you may understand what I mean. Which is why I am looking for a 99-04 Mustang GT for my daughter.

I hope I did not hurt anyone's feelings, I just don't understand why so many people get bent over this stuff. For the record, I love the Bullet, Mach and Cobra but would drop them all in a heart beat for a Ford GT, that is truly unique.

Battle on fellows!!!
(had fun with this post)
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP

Last edited by TKat13; 04-21-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Fixed Bullet for Bullitt not to upset the purest, but the real evil in this was Apple's Autocorrect... sorry
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #28
Pennington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
3.55's.
I knew that. Had 3.73's on the brain for my other car. Even with 3.55's, in my opinion, better than the 3.27's.
Pennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #29
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennington View Post

The Bullitt was first a styling concept, as you know, for the LA Auto Show. It got so much attention that Ford had no choice not to build it. The Mach 1, on the other hand, was brought to Ford by enthusiasts wanting a special edition like the Bullitt but a marriage of the 4V and solid rear axle for drag racing. I personally know one of the few guys who met with and pleaded with Ford to get it done. They agreed and thankfully Classic Design Concepts and the Huismans had perfected the Shaker for the 4.6 to be able to complete the package.
In both cases, it was the enthusiast reaction that served as validation to build both cars. The Mach 1 was already on a trajectory to be developed, especially after the shaker exercise from CDC helped to spark interest.

I suppose one could debate which is more special, in terms of content or market intent or other criteria, however, the best thing is that people still find each desirable even after all these years. They are both legendary cars.
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote