2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "Show" Discussions > Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons

Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons Found any cool accessories for your Mach 1? NON Performance add-ons.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Waylander

modifications questions....

Nothing serious at the moment - need to get rid of my current ride before even getting to the stage of buying a Mach, let alone modding one!!

I was just a little curious and wondered if anyone had switched out the mach seats for a set of heated and cooled items (S550 has them as do quite a few Mercedes). Assuming that the dimensions work (and I do appreciate that you'd have to probably custom fit seat runners) would this be possible?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
03mach1
Admin/Founder

Re: modifications questions....

Anything is possible, but the seat tracks and size are probably a little different, and running extra wiring, etc... for the heating and not sure about cooling aspect of them and how it would hook to the a/c system if it does for cooling?
Founder/Admin Member #0001
http://www.Mach1Registry.com
http://www.Mach1Performance.org
Amsoil T-1 Certified Independant Dealer
Member, MCA
'03 Mach 1, '08 V6 WIP, 76 Cobra II
VIN#301788
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

The cooled part is via ducts and fans from the AC system, I don’t see that being so doable

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
Waylander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
The cooled part is via ducts and fans from the AC system, I don’t see that being so doable

ahhhhh - ignorance strikes again! lol Thanks for that - I thought that the cooling side of things was just a couple of thin fans. A little thought should have made me realise that the fans would just blow air (warm/cold) around - not actually cool your *** a little

I will admit that I do still like the thought of heated seats though. I'm currently in the process of selling my SLK55 which has heated seats with 'airscarf' (blows hot air around your neck - lovely for those cool/cold mornings!).
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
ahhhhh - ignorance strikes again! lol Thanks for that - I thought that the cooling side of things was just a couple of thin fans. A little thought should have made me realise that the fans would just blow air (warm/cold) around - not actually cool your *** a little

I will admit that I do still like the thought of heated seats though. I'm currently in the process of selling my SLK55 which has heated seats with 'airscarf' (blows hot air around your neck - lovely for those cool/cold mornings!).
ha, ya if you look just about every vehicle that has cooled seats has a center console to hide the AC vent so the fan is directly picking up cold air and not whatever temp air is down there on the floor.

the air scarf is interesting, never heard of it before but heated seats are nice, when my wife got he fusion he main demand was heated seats

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote