2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 12-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #201
eaton_powered

Re: College Football back in full swing!

I'm interested to see how Illionos does,and who is going to coach the bowl game for mich I mean really do they even have a reason to play? The real question here is since you all don't think OSU deserves to be there then who does. all the teams that lost twice, or the one team that didn't win their conference and has one loss. The only people getting the shaft is Hawaii. LSU you with we never lost in regulation. If your that good of a team why did you need overtime, and why did you lose, and why lose to alabama(6-6). USC one word stanford. VT wow you lost to a team that lost to maryland (6-6)and FSU(7-5).
JLT RAI,SPEC stage 3 Clutch,Fidanza Aluminium flywheel, PHP Intake Spacer, Denso Iridium Spark Plug, Bassani Mid length headers, Bassani catted x-pipe, Bassani Cat-back , 02 extensions,SCT Xcal2,MGW orange handle shifter and Aluminium Driveshaft Fiore firewall adjuster and quad FRPP 4.30 gears,FRPP 31 spline axles and carrier, and carrier cover.
eaton_powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:23 PM   #202
LNCHBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by we3hokies View Post
For all you BCS lovers, here is what the computers said/calculated. Not media or coach biased.
http://www.mratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf#conf

If ya dont wanna look, Ill sum it up for you 1 VT 2 LSU 3 Ohio state
How bout conference strength? 1 SEC 2 ACC 3 Pac10, but where is the mighty Big 10 #6.

Flame if ya want but this is just number crunching
I'll flame it, the computers don't look at the score the games. Had the score been taken into account, there's a decent chance VT and LSU would be switched.

I honestly don't think OSU deserves it, but VT and LSU have done the game already and we know how it ends. And that number 2 conference strength for the ACC is complete nonsense. I'd give you 3, but not 2. Top to bottom, the PAC 10 would beat the ACC.
LNCHBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:30 PM   #203
LNCHBOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton_powered View Post
I'm interested to see how Illionos does,and who is going to coach the bowl game for mich I mean really do they even have a reason to play? The real question here is since you all don't think OSU deserves to be there then who does. all the teams that lost twice, or the one team that didn't win their conference and has one loss. The only people getting the shaft is Hawaii. LSU you with we never lost in regulation. If your that good of a team why did you need overtime, and why did you lose, and why lose to alabama(6-6). USC one word stanford. VT wow you lost to a team that lost to maryland (6-6)and FSU(7-5).
Ok, you are another one that apparently doesn't pay too much attention to college football. Obviously not losing in regulation is good for LSU. That means no one could beat us in a regular length game. That means they needed overtime to beau us. Can't say that for the other teams that were in contention and have losses. They lost in regular time. Good try though. And we didn't lose to Alabama, we lost to the Arkansas.

I feel stupid saying it, but USC would make the most sense out of any of the other teams. Yea, they lost to Stanford, but they have been on fire for the last half of the season, and won the 2nd toughest conference. I've also been waiting for a chance to play them since '03-'04, so that might just be my bias.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #204
eaton_powered

so OSU's 10 game win streak means nothing. good to know. for that case Kansas' win streak means nothing compared to USC and the biggest upset ever
JLT RAI,SPEC stage 3 Clutch,Fidanza Aluminium flywheel, PHP Intake Spacer, Denso Iridium Spark Plug, Bassani Mid length headers, Bassani catted x-pipe, Bassani Cat-back , 02 extensions,SCT Xcal2,MGW orange handle shifter and Aluminium Driveshaft Fiore firewall adjuster and quad FRPP 4.30 gears,FRPP 31 spline axles and carrier, and carrier cover.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #205
LNCHBOX

Quote:
so OSU's 10 game win streak means nothing. good to know. for that case Kansas' win streak means nothing compared to USC and the biggest upset ever
With the crap schedule they play and lack of a conference title game while everyone else played one??? Yes, it means nothing. OSU lost to a basketball school. Actually Michigan has the biggest upset earlier in the year. As for Kansas, they shouldn't be in the BCS, but Missouri picked a bad time to lose.

EDIT: It's the same reason Hawaii going undefeated didn't get them to the title game. When you play a bunch of nobodies, you don't get to play for a title when there are teams such as LSU for example playing top teams the entire year.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 PM   #206
eaton_powered

where does this it say that the SEC is a strong conference or is it a conference that a bunch of teams are all at the same level making them appear strong. Don't drink the kool aid the people telling you the SEC is the strongest are the same people that made the polls this year
Old 12-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #207
eaton_powered

Nope USC vs Stan biggest upset ever becuase there wasn't a line on the Mich VS App state game.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #208
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNCHBOX View Post
Fact #1: I was referring to Oklahoma, last time I checked that's what OU stands for. Look at their BCS record the last 4 years. They haven't won a game. Stoops has been incapable of winning a bowl game since I've been in college. And I'm sorry, but have you seen your schedule? One of my managers at work is an OSU alum and she's been scared since day 1 of this season about playing LSU in the title game. I'm not saying OSU isn't good, but with the soft schedule (even in conference), they don't deserve a shot at the title. The same thing happened with yall last year. Your schedule was kinda weak, but you went undefeated. You got your shot and got demolished by a team from a better conference. History doesn't always repeat itself, but the odds are looking pretty good at the moment.

EDIT: I was gonna be nice and ignore the fact you apparently don't know the acronym for your own team, but since you said we are for sure not the best and "OU" () is, I've decided to ignore anything you say about college football for the remainder of the year.

Sorry, had to do it... all in good fun right?

Yep, you can call me an idiot on this one

There is a big difference between OU and OSU. I should try reading and posting to forums later in the day and not at 6:00 am.

Good luck to your Tigers. As a Buckeye fan I will say that I think the OSU defense can hang with the LSU offense. However, I think LSU's defense may be the difference against OSU's offense. If I was an unbiased betting fan I would take LSU in this game and that is mainly due to the advantage of playing so close to home.

Good luck!
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #209
LNCHBOX

Quote:
where does this it say that the SEC is a strong conference or is it a conference that a bunch of teams are all at the same level making them appear strong. Don't drink the kool aid the people telling you the SEC is the strongest are the same people that made the polls this year
Not sure why you disagree, just about anyone who watches football knows that for fact. If the SEC isn't, who is? Big 10? Maybe PAC 10 It's not kool aid, it's just a fact. And a 1AA beating a 1A team is the bigger upset, there was no line because there wasn't a line big enough.

You're giving me a good chuckle though, I look forward to your next post.

And ylopony, good luck to you as well. My manager and I have been talking all kinds of trash the entire season and have been hoping for this match up all year.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:42 PM   #210
we3hokies

I'll flame it, the computers don't look at the score the games. Had the score been taken into account, there's a decent chance VT and LSU would be switched.

Acually LSU drops behind VT and osu moves to 1 if you take into accout MOV. YOur brilliant mind can argue the computers all you want in regards to conference but SEC was first, that should make you wet, and ACC was second.
2003 mach 1 dsg 5spd iup, c&l intake, php intake spacer, slp longtube headers, slp catted x pipe, slp loudmouth, 4.10 gears, mgw shifter, eibach sportline, bilstien shocks and struts, steeda brace, mm caster/camber plates, mm full length sfc's, mm lca, frpp alum driveshaft, black saleen style 18x9's, corbeau fx1 pros, steeda billet pedals, sct tune

Romans 10:9
we3hokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #211
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

NOthing would please any SEC team to think that next years schedule would be:

Ohio (6-6 in the MAC)
East Carolina (7-5 in conference USA)
William & Mary (4-8 in the Colonial)
Duke (1-11)
North Carolina (4-8)
Florida State (7-5 arguably the worst team in last 20 years)
Miami (5-7 this year)
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Virginia
Clemson
and LSU (you usually end up playing them anyway)

Keep telling yourself how tough the ACC is this year. Normally, I would say that the ACC can be tough, but not when the powerhouse legendary schools like Florida State and Miami are down. OSU & the big ten keep talking up their conference and they begin to believe that they can play with the speed of the Pac 10 & SEC, then a game like last years national championship come along. Playing tough teams makes you tough, playing weak teams give you wins and eventually allows to you to play that tough team. Tech should be able to do well against Kansas, so you should be glad that in the end, you could end up #2.
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #212
we3hokies

Im happy with orange bowl, after LSU game I had my doubts. I was just showing what the computers say to all the sec, pac 10, big 10 elites out there. The whole point to this mess is there is no clear 1 or 2. There are a lot of teams that could win it. LSU, OSU, OU, Georgia, VaTech, heck with the way things are this year Hawaii could even win it all.
2003 mach 1 dsg 5spd iup, c&l intake, php intake spacer, slp longtube headers, slp catted x pipe, slp loudmouth, 4.10 gears, mgw shifter, eibach sportline, bilstien shocks and struts, steeda brace, mm caster/camber plates, mm full length sfc's, mm lca, frpp alum driveshaft, black saleen style 18x9's, corbeau fx1 pros, steeda billet pedals, sct tune

Old 12-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #213
we3hokies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
NOthing would please any SEC team to think that next years schedule would be:

Ohio (6-6 in the MAC)
East Carolina (7-5 in conference USA)
William & Mary (4-8 in the Colonial)
Duke (1-11)
North Carolina (4-8)
Florida State (7-5 arguably the worst team in last 20 years)
Miami (5-7 this year)
Georgia Tech
Boston College
Virginia
Clemson
and LSU (you usually end up playing them anyway)

Keep telling yourself how tough the ACC is this year. Normally, I would say that the ACC can be tough, but not when the powerhouse legendary schools like Florida State and Miami are down. OSU & the big ten keep talking up their conference and they begin to believe that they can play with the speed of the Pac 10 & SEC, then a game like last years national championship come along. Playing tough teams makes you tough, playing weak teams give you wins and eventually allows to you to play that tough team. Tech should be able to do well against Kansas, so you should be glad that in the end, you could end up #2.
And who is your team. Please tell me its not the VOLS.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #214
eaton_powered

Nobody deserves to play for the trophy they should just give it to Hawaii. If the teams play what they are scheduled to play someone is going to cry if hawaii wins and LSU wins that makes them just as good if not better then LSU Since Georgia beat Kentucky. If OSU wins and Hawaii wins since everyone says OSU's schedule sucks Hawaii should be the champs. either way Hawaii wins
Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #215
eaton_powered

LOL the VOLS beat both Kentucky and Arkansas and only lost by 7 to LSU . Championship!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:37 PM   #216
eaton_powered

come on I'm at work and very bored here
Old 12-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #217
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

After having grown up near Blacksburg and seeing Tech play pansies during the season, when they find out of conference teams of quality to play, I became a Tennessee Volunteer! Go Vols, win lose or draw. I think that if Tech had kept WV on the schedule I would have more respect. There was no reason for them to take off that great rivalry.

Tennessee's season depended on which defense showed up. We gave away the LSU game against a great team.

Mark this thread and compare the ACC bowl schools against the SEC schools at the end of this bowl season.
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
Old 12-04-2007, 08:12 PM   #218
HotRod
I Love Being Blown!

Talking Re: College Football back in full swing!

^^^ Which one showed up when the Gators whipped that azz?
Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #219
LNCHBOX

Quote:

Acually LSU drops behind VT and osu moves to 1 if you take into accout MOV. YOur brilliant mind can argue the computers all you want in regards to conference but SEC was first, that should make you wet, and ACC was second.
I'll give you that one, but we still beat much better teams than you beat, including you.

Quote:
And who is your team. Please tell me its not the VOLS.
Way to not answer him question the joke of a schedule VT had. Look at Tennessee's out of conference schedule. At least they had the balls to play a good team on the road their first game.

Quote:
Nobody deserves to play for the trophy they should just give it to Hawaii. If the teams play what they are scheduled to play someone is going to cry if hawaii wins and LSU wins that makes them just as good if not better then LSU Since Georgia beat Kentucky. If OSU wins and Hawaii wins since everyone says OSU's schedule sucks Hawaii should be the champs. either way Hawaii wins
You're logic is stupid. You can't base how a team would play against one team just because that team beat some other team. If we're going off that, we may as well just say we already beat OSU because we beat Florida and they beat a better OSU team last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
Tennessee's season depended on which defense showed up. We gave away the LSU game against a great team.

Mark this thread and compare the ACC bowl schools against the SEC schools at the end of this bowl season.
No one gave us the game, Jonathan Zenon took it from you. Then Beckwith took it one more. Your defense was fine, but ours won the game.

This thread cracks me up. If you go back and reread it, we3hokies has been talking LSU up ever since we beat the crap out of them in week 2, and now he wants VT in instead of LSU in the title game.

The only thing that has remained constant this season is LSU being at or near the top of everyone's list all year. No other team can say that. We deserve to be there. 'nuff said.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:17 PM   #220
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post

THAT'S funny right there! GO GATORS!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #221
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
The bad one!!
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
Old 12-04-2007, 09:37 PM   #222
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

"No one gave us the game, Jonathan Zenon took it from you. Then Beckwith took it one more. Your defense was fine, but ours won the game."

Come on, you saw the play right. He threw the ball to Zenon, completely missed the coverage/open reciever & for Ainge this year, that was unusual. I will give you this, Ainge's worst games in college were against LSU.

The good defense showed up for this game.
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #223
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

In Zenons interview after the game, he said he'd read the play and that it was one they were expecting. He read it right, did his thing, and the rest is history.
One thing that will be different in the title game from the last seven or eight weeks is that you will see a healthy LSU team. We've been playing with many players injured ( QB Flynn), or out because of injuries. With a month to get healthy, OSU needs to look back to the beginning of the season and realize that the LSU team they'll be facing will be the team that clocked VT and Miss. State. They also need to know that Les Miles will consider this a personal game since OSU is the arch rival to his beloved Michigan. He said in his press conference that he will always be a Michigan man, and anything he can help Michigan with, he will do. Beating OSU will his way of scoring a revenge against OSU without doing it at the helm of Michigan.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #224
we3hokies

Of course I talk Lsu up. THey beat us bad early in the season. My beef is we are not the same team, you are not the same team and that you are ranked behind us a week ago. You beat tenn by 7 and move up 5 to 6 spots. I think the BCS system is bad. An eight team playoff would take care of this mess. As far as tenn goes, there out of conference schedule is nothing special and cal finished 6-6. Tenn also played ARk st and some other no name. Everybody plays weak teams. Tech has tried to schedule ooc. WE had a game with wisconsin, they cancelled. We played a 2 game series with LSU. That one went 1-1. We've tried to get Penn St. per our AD. We are supposed to go to Nebraska next season but the AD just told fans not to pre schedule any flight travel plans because that one is up in the air because the new coach does not want to get waxed that early in the season. Tech cant help it if FSU, the U are not what the used to be??

Old 12-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #225
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Of course I talk Lsu up. THey beat us bad early in the season. My beef is we are not the same team, you are not the same team and that you are ranked behind us a week ago. You beat tenn by 7 and move up 5 to 6 spots. I think the BCS system is bad. An eight team playoff would take care of this mess. As far as tenn goes, there out of conference schedule is nothing special and cal finished 6-6. Tenn also played ARk st and some other no name. Everybody plays weak teams. Tech has tried to schedule ooc. WE had a game with wisconsin, they cancelled. We played a 2 game series with LSU. That one went 1-1. We've tried to get Penn St. per our AD. We are supposed to go to Nebraska next season but the AD just told fans not to pre schedule any flight travel plans because that one is up in the air because the new coach does not want to get waxed that early in the season. Tech cant help it if FSU, the U are not what the used to be??
Tenn out of conference can be easy because they played Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas. And last time I looked Cal played in the PAC 10against USC, UCLA, Oregon, Arizona State. They were ranked pretty high until mid Oct.

Look, historically, Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Wake and Maryland are not football powerhouses. Heck Virginia isn't either. Knowing that, your AD should do more than "try". Are any of the above ranked besides Virginia? How about Tennessee's or LSU's scheduled opponents. You should be glad that you were ranked as high as you were and the draw was Kansas & not Georgia or USC. Enjoy the BCS, but doesn't change the weakness in this years Tech schedule and thus the reason LSU jumped you on the last weekend.
2001 BMW 330i SOLD