2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 12-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #126
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

Re: How to change your 5 speed to an automatic

I was going the cheap route with a Transgo AODE-3 Full Manual Kit for $209. Then Try to make my own relays.

I found this FB pic. It helps me somewhat. I think with more info I could make it myself for under $50. It says 8 pack relay but only shows 6, and I will not be using a transbrake. I don't understand from that pic how to wire the relays because the pic only show 1 or 2 wires going to what I think are the relays, but relays have 4-5 connections.

VA-Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #127
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

Just found this diagram, and I can understand it .

What do you think?

Run a 12v (+) from a momentary switch to the on pulse, and the 12v (+) from the brake light switch to the off pulse to run the TC lock up. Yes?. And maybe another of the same for OD operation. I don't think I will need to use the electronic pressure control wire because the Transgo kit adds a vacuum modulator valve to control the pressure put I still may need a pressure switch to keep from locking the TC at low pressure/low speed. Maybe the pressure switch would be wire to the Fused 12v (+) in the diagram?

EDIT: did more reading. The pressure switch kicks the lock up off at high loads/pressure, and kicks OD off when downshifting so you don't forget to turn it off then upshift from 2nd to 4th. So I think it would need to be tied in on the same wire as the brake, and into the OD relay pack as well.

Last edited by VA-Mach1; 12-17-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:11 AM   #128
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

Anybody? No hobbyists here? I understand buying things because someone else figured out how to make it work, but I want to know myself how things work. Guess Ill just buy some relays and a pressure switch and do some testing, and post results.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #129
Darrin
Transmission guy

You're doing fine. I don't have the software to draw it up, but I'm pretty sure you could make those circuits latching on-off so that you can use a single momentary for each by adding 2 more relays and 2 more diodes. 1 extra relay and diodes would get you the latching circuit and the 2nd would provide the kill signal from brake input.

What are you drawing with?
Old 12-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #130
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
You're doing fine. I don't have the software to draw it up, but I'm pretty sure you could make those circuits latching on-off so that you can use a single momentary for each by adding 2 more relays and 2 more diodes. 1 extra relay and diodes would get you the latching circuit and the 2nd would provide the kill signal from brake input.

What are you drawing with?
I would greatly prefer to have a single momentary on/off switch for each, and have been trying to work it out, but I'm still a amateur at designing electronics. With all of the above I found the basic templates and changed them the best I could to suit my needs using ms paint. I draw each item off to the side, then copy/paste them where needed, then draw the wires with the line tool. Nothing fancy for sure. I can't really understand a actual electronics schematic with symbols. I need something that shows me where each wire goes for now. If you want to copy/paste what I have above into paint and draw it up as you described it would help greatly.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #131
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

After searching and reading more I found the info below. Redesigned the controller again and deleted the previous posts so no one gets bad info.

Latest info:

White connector (10 pin connector) on the 4R70W harness mods – 1998 and up harnesses

•Brown/orange wire gets switched to ground for lockup of converter.
•Extend this wire and take it to a switch and then ground switch when closed.

•Orange/yellow and Violet/orange wires get connected together and combine them into 1 wire that goes to a switch. When the switch is closed it gets switched to ground to control overdrive.
•Solid red wire needs a 12 volt source because you’re using a different harness that wasn’t designed for this application. What I did was splice this wire into the solid orange wire on DTR sensor connector.

*Note the wiring for pre1998 harnesses is different as they have different pin outs.

Latest drawing: I think this one will actually work.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:28 AM   #132
Mach828
Dark Knight

Darrin, what does it mean if I install the pump and I can't turn the trans by hand? It turned with the pump out just fine.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #133
VA-Mach1
Mach & Cheese

Latest version. Up to 11 relays. I'm sure there has to be a better way to build this but my electronic know how is not up to the task.

I have ordered all the relays and diodes and will be building and testing this version very soon.

Last edited by VA-Mach1; 02-14-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #134
Darrin
Transmission guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
Darrin, what does it mean if I install the pump and I can't turn the trans by hand? It turned with the pump out just fine.
I don't know how I missed this post, but I did.

I hope you got it sorted out. What was almost surely wrong is that the transmission wasn't stacked correctly. Either the forward clutch or reverse clutch plates weren't fully seated and sitting on the splines of a friction.

I am almost always available if anyone needs me, posting on forums isn't the best way to get me though. If your post goes in after another new post in a thread then no notification is sent.

Call or email. My contact info is on my website bcatransmissions.com
Old 02-07-2016, 04:30 PM   #135
Darrin
Transmission guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Mach1 View Post
Latest version. Up to 11 relays. I'm sure there has to be a better way to build this but my electronic know how is not up to the task.
Better way = PLC maybe

D
Old 06-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #136
metalbeppi

Hey Guys, I have a problem with ma tranny swap. But its a auto to manual swap.

I had swap all parts.
Tremec 3650
Driveshaft
Shifter
Shifter Bezel
Flywheel
Clutch
Clutch Pedal
Manual Steering Column
Manual Transmission Harness
2004 Mach1 ECU - TMX2
and a lot of small Parts...

I know that i have to flash the ECU to disable or reset PATS. The Mach1 is in a Shop. The guys in this shop has swapped GT500 with auto Trans and some other big builts. All the ECU´s and files to flash came from Lund Racing. But we dont bring the car to start.

My Mach1 is still 12 Months in the Shop for the swap... I have read about a Chip for the ECU to disable PATS. I found one who has swapped also from auto to manual. He used a "QuarterHorse" Chip from moates.net.

Maybe someone has a solution. Sry for my not perfect english...
Thanks for help and greetings from germany
metalbeppi is offline   Reply With Quote