2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #101
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Re: NASCAR thread

Was that the first GT500 Pace car of the Nascar season? I'm not a Johnson fan, but it's better than Gordon winning it.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #102
G
Undocumented Member

Don't know on the GT500. It could be worse, either Gordon would make me sick as champion.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #103
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

It was the first time the GT500 was used as a pace car for NASCAR, I think earlier in the year a regular GT was used a the pace car. Bad news on the Gordon front, we're going to have to put up with the Robbie version next year behind the wheel of a Fusion. Don't have to like that one either...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #104
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Bad news on the Gordon front, we're going to have to put up with the Robbie version next year behind the wheel of a Fusion. Don't have to like that one either...
Robby Gordon is an

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #105
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

OK, thats it. I have cut and burned my Lowes card. Home Depot here I come. I can not stand Hendrick Racing and most importantly can not stomach JG or JJ.
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #106
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP View Post
OK, thats it. I have cut and burned my Lowes card. Home Depot here I come. I can not stand Hendrick Racing and most importantly can not stomach JG or JJ.
I agree but nobody gave it to him, they earned it.

Next year may not go so well, they have had a run of good luck.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 PM   #107
3150Mach1
Love my Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffav View Post
I agree but nobody gave it to him, they earned it.

Next year may not go so well, they have had a run of good luck.
I must admitt they did earn it. Chad is more valuable then people realize. I think he just might be the best crew chief in NASCAR right now.
Kooks LTsw/OR X, elect cutouts, JLT RAI w/C&L 85 MAH,1" Spacer,PP Lower intake,Accufab TB,160 T-stat,EF Cooling Mod,NX Kit,Mez Electric Water pump,SLP Linelock,FRPP 4.10s-Alum Dif Cover-Alum Driveshaft & SL, Steeda Bumpsteer,MM Alum rack bushings,Deep Alum Tranny pan,Predator,Steeda AUCAs,MM ALCAs, Dspecs,MM CC plates & FLSFCs,MRT Guage cluster,AEM WB,MRT hood struts,Seq TLs, carbon fiber hood/trunk/Cobra wing,220 amp alt
3150Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #108
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach150BP View Post
I must admitt they did earn it. Chad is more valuable then people realize. I think he just might be the best crew chief in NASCAR right now.
If not the best, at least in the top three.

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 11-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #109
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

A message from a very overrated driver in my opinion, Dale Jr. This is a quote from an interview right before the season started.

Dated - February 09, 2006

"We're going to come into the Chase and be in the top three in points,'' he said during Thursday's media day. "We'll have six or seven wins, if not more. If we lose the championship it won't be by much.''

He said he would be top three in points. He was 5th. He said he would have 6 or 7 wins, if not more. He had ONE. Boy did he eat his words. I'm glad he didn't win the cup just because of what he said back then. As you can tell, I am not a Jr. fan.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #110
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

Well we got 71 more days to go until the 500 I think Carl Edwards #99 will win next year's cup.
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
02mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #111
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mach1 View Post
Well we got 71 more days to go until the 500 I think Carl Edwards #99 will win next year's cup.
Could be. I think it's gonna be Dale Jr or Dale Jarrett.
Attached Thumbnails
NASCAR_Nextel_Cup_Logo_Toyota_Camry_Dale_Jarrett_toyota.jpg  
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 11-22-2006, 07:38 AM   #112
machths
Mach 1 Member

I found this to be an interesting article...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6167658

Especially this part...

"He is a genuine person, the kind that fans should embrace," said Atlanta Braves pitcher Mike Hampton, who attended eight races this season, including Sunday's finale, as Johnson's guest.

"Instead, he's kind of the poster guy - when things look too good, you say 'Man, I've got to break this down and figure out what's wrong with him.' But the honest answer is there's nothing. He treats the valet the exact same way he would treat the President of the United States. You don't get that a lot in professional athletes, but with Jimmie, what you see is what you get."

It's hard to figure out exactly where Johnson went wrong. Since breaking onto the Cup scene in late 2001, he has been a model of consistency on and off the track. He works hard, wins races and competes for championships.

He's never punched a photographer or cursed on national TV. He's never been in trouble with the law and hasn't disrespected a NASCAR official.

He shows up where he's supposed to, honors his commitments and is almost always on time.

Maybe that's the problem.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
machths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #113
RnJstel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Was that the first GT500 Pace car of the Nascar season? I'm not a Johnson fan, but it's better than Gordon winning it.

Yes, the GT500 was the pace car. Here is a pic from Sunday

RnJstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #114
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnJstel View Post
Yes, the GT500 was the pace car. Here is a pic from Sunday

How the heck did you get infield passes?

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 11-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #115
RnJstel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
How the heck did you get infield passes?
My wife spent the race with Evernham's 19 Pit Crew at their box and trailer (I stayed in the stands). She has press credentials and during the Homestead races she usually stays in the pits with either RYR or now Evernham. She has been a huge Elliott Sadler fan since when I was with Ford and got comp'd to the 01 Brickyard and she met him.

We go to Homestead every year. Although we were upset by him leaving Ford and RYR for Evernham I have to say they are among the nicest people. We have allways had fun, and I have had discussions with Robert and Richard Yates as well as the Wood's brothers.

BTW, if anyone missed it the best and I mean the best burnout ever was Matt Kenseth after the Busch race Saturday.

Both his tires actually caught fire just like back to the future. It was wild!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #116
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

I'm jealous. I would love to be right in the pits like that

Why in the world did you stay in the stands!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with you on Kenseth's burnout. That was awesome. That was the first time that I can think of when the rubber actually caught on fire.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 11-23-2006, 10:17 AM   #117
RnJstel

Quote:
Why in the world did you stay in the stands!!!!!!!!
Hanging in the pits and haulers is more of my Wife's bag as she does alot of Photography. Before Homestead became an impound race, it was a different story then. Our seats at Homestead are great, and I enjoy watching the entire race.

In the pits, you cant "watch" the race. I split when its close to race time, plus those guys as great as they still have to work when the green drops. You really dont want to crowd them while their on the job.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #118
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

True. I see your point there. I suppose you can only see the cars when they are right in front of you when you are in the pits? Don't see much action on the track.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #119
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

I see Jimmy Johnson got the Driver Of The Year honors.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #120
ylopony

I personally like Dale JR. as a race car driver. What I don't like for the most part are his fans. Sorry Jr. fans he's not his daddy. Senior was a great driver, Jr. is a good but not great driver.

As for fans not liking Jeff Gordon. Most I find are JR. fans who carried over from their father. If Jeff Gordon hadn't come into Nascar and taken several cup championships away from the high and mighty almost God Dale Earnhardt in the prime of his career, I doubt there would be all this hate for him.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Earnhardt. He was a great driver. But it don't matter who it would have been if other than Gordon. It could be Stewart, Kahne, Martin and etc. But it wasn't it was Gordon. Think about it, Martin would be hated today if it were him instead of Gordon.

And some of you will say I don't like Gordon because he didn't work his way up from the dirt tracks and prove himself. Answer to that, he sure has proven it on the track over the years. You may say he's cocky and arrogant. Almost all of them are. You may say that Gordon bumped Kenseth, and has done it before. Who was the master at that? They didn't call Earnhardt the Intimidator because he would politely flash his lights and wait for you to move.

If you haven't guessed, I am a fan of Jeff Gordon. For that matter I also like Jimmy Johnson. However, I also like Jr, Kenseth, and Biffle. I go to a couple of races every year and like I said, the only thing I don't like for the most part are Earnhardt fans. But then again, their rabid furver for an above average but not great driver is actually good for the sport. It's almost like a Steeler fan, loud rude and somewhat obnoxious, but good for the sport.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #121
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post
I personally like Dale JR. as a race car driver. What I don't like for the most part are his fans. Sorry Jr. fans he's not his daddy. Senior was a great driver, Jr. is a good but not great driver.

As for fans not liking Jeff Gordon. Most I find are JR. fans who carried over from their father. If Jeff Gordon hadn't come into Nascar and taken several cup championships away from the high and mighty almost God Dale Earnhardt in the prime of his career, I doubt there would be all this hate for him.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Earnhardt. He was a great driver. But it don't matter who it would have been if other than Gordon. It could be Stewart, Kahne, Martin and etc. But it wasn't it was Gordon. Think about it, Martin would be hated today if it were him instead of Gordon.

And some of you will say I don't like Gordon because he didn't work his way up from the dirt tracks and prove himself. Answer to that, he sure has proven it on the track over the years. You may say he's cocky and arrogant. Almost all of them are. You may say that Gordon bumped Kenseth, and has done it before. Who was the master at that? They didn't call Earnhardt the Intimidator because he would politely flash his lights and wait for you to move.

If you haven't guessed, I am a fan of Jeff Gordon. For that matter I also like Jimmy Johnson. However, I also like Jr, Kenseth, and Biffle. I go to a couple of races every year and like I said, the only thing I don't like for the most part are Earnhardt fans. But then again, their rabid furver for an above average but not great driver is actually good for the sport. It's almost like a Steeler fan, loud rude and somewhat obnoxious, but good for the sport.
OMG I agree with you 100% The most points you could gain in a race was 165. If they put a poll on Nascar.com with 1 race to go and Jr. was on that poll 175 points back. His fans would still vote that he could win the championship even though it's not possible. People have to realize that Jr. and his dad are completely different people. I also agree with you on the whole Gordon thing. People hate him because he was taking wins and championships away from Earnhardt. BOO HOO cry me a river. I would just like to know how people can hate Jimmy Johnson. They say he is arogant and stuff but where do they get that from. He races clean, doesn't have a bad attitude, and is probably one of the most level headed drivers out there.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #122
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Just over a month to the Daytona 500. Can't wait.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #123
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

yeah...and guess who turned third fastest in testing today...Toyota...barf!

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #124
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
yeah...and guess who turned third fastest in testing today...Toyota...barf!
Oh well, as the saying goes, " The sun shines on a dogs a$$ once in awhile" Maybe it's just beginers luck.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 PM   #125
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
Oh well, as the saying goes, " The sun shines on a dogs a$$ once in awhile" Maybe it's just beginers luck.
Not crazy about Toyota but still likey Mikey and Dale. Guess NASCAR has to appeal to the ricers to. Should be plenty of punks in the stands with pants half down with wife beaters and hat sideways. Wonder if they will put that ricer script across the hood and down the fender!
Azure Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote