2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions

NEW Mach 1 Owner Introductions NEW Owner's, Say HI and intro yourself here!

Old 03-13-2021, 09:58 PM   #26
Recon

Hello Mach 1 World

The exhaust can mask the whine of the blower. One of my Roush cars has an upgraded mid-pipe and it’s loud, but I can’t hear the blower because of it. A friend of mine had a supercharged nova with the same situation, he couldn’t hear the blower because of how loud the the exhaust was. Put some quieter mufflers on it and you should hear the blower.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:53 AM   #27
Darkknight039

Re: Hello Mach 1 World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post
The exhaust can mask the whine of the blower. One of my Roush cars has an upgraded mid-pipe and it’s loud, but I can’t hear the blower because of it. A friend of mine had a supercharged nova with the same situation, he couldn’t hear the blower because of how loud the the exhaust was. Put some quieter mufflers on it and you should hear the blower.

Pick your poison.
Thank you for the info. I知 not really concerned with hearing it or not. Just wanted to be sure that not hearing it meant there was an issue. Supercharger whine is cool but I prefer to hear the exhaust.
Thanks again for the info, that is very reassuring for me.
Old 03-15-2021, 12:52 PM   #28
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknight039 View Post
Thank you for the info. I知 not really concerned with hearing it or not. Just wanted to be sure that not hearing it meant there was an issue. Supercharger whine is cool but I prefer to hear the exhaust.
Another thing you could do to ease you mind (I struggle with the need to ease my mind LOL) is you could have a friend take a video as you do a drive-by with your foot in it. I'm guarantee they'll hear the whine before you pass by. The plus is if they record it, you'll get to hear both the whine and exhaust.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:40 PM   #29
Recon

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I’m not really concerned with hearing it or not. Just wanted to be sure that not hearing it meant there was an issue. Supercharger whine is cool but I prefer to hear the exhaust.

I can see where you’re coming from on the exhaust side of things, but my take on it with hearing the supercharger is it’s addicting. My first Roush has axlebacks only and I find the blower whine addicting, she’s angry! My other Roush is going to get some mods and one of them is more tame mufflers so I can hear that supercharger. What I’m trying to say is maybe just try something different to hear it and your opinion might completely change. I wanted my cars really loud but now I wouldn’t sacrifice not hearing the blower whine for really loud exhaust. As I said it’s addicting.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:06 PM   #30
Darkknight039

So I took everyone痴 advice and took the car to a local Quarry road and did a couple high revving passes and the supercharger is definitely whining!
I also did, as suggested, have somebody with me who stood by as I passed and said they had absolutely no problem discerning that the car was supercharged as they could easily hear the whine as well.
Thanks!!

I have a new JLT air filter with heat shield coming this week and four new tires delivered today. I知 hoping to have everything on and the car inspected for this coming weekend!
Old 03-20-2021, 12:28 PM   #31
Darkknight039

So I got new tires on, new air filter with heat shield and now have my PA safety and emission stickers for 2021 so I知 ready to roll!
I知 going to ride out the temp tag until it expires so I can delay on paying the sales tax for purchase of the car for a few weeks.
Car is running great but I知 wondering if I should change the plugs as I don稚 know when they were last changed or should I leave them for now?
Also, shaker scoop is a little faded, any suggestions?
Obviously painting is an option but I feel like the paint would look worse over time.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:46 PM   #32
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Quote:
So I got new tires on, new air filter with heat shield and now have my PA safety and emission stickers for 2021 so I知 ready to roll!
I知 going to ride out the temp tag until it expires so I can delay on paying the sales tax for purchase of the car for a few weeks.
Car is running great but I知 wondering if I should change the plugs as I don稚 know when they were last changed or should I leave them for now?
Also, shaker scoop is a little faded, any suggestions?
Obviously painting is an option but I feel like the paint would look worse over time.
Best permanent solution is to powdercoat it crinkle black. That is a dead match for the factory finish and will last a long time. My old Mach is going on 10 years powdercoated and it still looks great.
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #33
bris09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDraper View Post
Best permanent solution is to powdercoat it crinkle black. That is a dead match for the factory finish and will last a long time. My old Mach is going on 10 years powdercoated and it still looks great.
Can attest to the powdercoating. Had mine done by the same person a few years ago and haven't had to touch it since. Short term you can use Mothers Back to Black on it. If left out in the sun daily, it will last about a month before you have to do it again.

The shaker is actually painted from the factory with wrinkle paint and the wrinkle powdercoat used by the person who did Jeff and I's shakers is a dead ringer for the stock paint. The guy is very picky, he redid mine twice before sending it back because he wasn't happy with how it turned out the first two times.

BTW, welcome to the site and hope to see you at Carlisle.

We also do an annual Crab Run down to Woody's Crabhouse in Northeast, MD. The run starts at Old School's (Chris) house in West Chester and ends with a BBQ at Chris' house (includes time in the pool between meals). This event is open to all makes and models so usually end up with a nice mix of cars ranging from the 60's to modern day plain jane cars. Chris normally posts the date a few months in advance, watch the Get Togethers section of the forum.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #34
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Ill end up having my shaker re-powdercoated after doing paint touchups a few times. I got these Cerakote ceramic trim wipes which aren't really intended for metal but im super tempted to try them anyway. They're holding up great on my plastic trim

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:18 PM   #35
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

Welcome to the forum. Very nice mach you are starting with.

Enjoy

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote