2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
IMachU
Super Moderator

Ask A Police Officer

I have been kicking this idea around for a while, and thought I'd give it a try. Rules for the thread:

1 - NO COP BASHING! If you want to ask a question, you will get an unbiased answer from a law enforcement professional. Any police officer may answer a question, but we are unfamiliar with rules and laws in all 50 states, but you will get the best answer we can give.

2 - All Registry rules apply. No religion, politics, foul language, nekkid girlies, etc.

3 - All answers and advice given are solely the opinion of the posting person. This is NOT to be taken as legal advice, just another point of view to help you with a particular situation. Mach1Registry.com, it's owners, moderators, operators, persons posting in this thread and members cannot be held liable for false or misleading information presented in this thread (sorry, had to). All opinions expressed in this thread are the opinions of the posting member, and may not be the opinion of the Registry or it's sponsors.

OK, waddaya think about a thread like this? Good idea? Bad idea?

2003 DSG 5 speed IUP Born June 25, 2003
K&N Drop-in Filter, Magnapack Catback, MRT black chrome tips, MRT shifter
277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
IMachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:01 PM   #2
Mach&Roll
On the aftermarket trail

Re: Ask A Police Officer

I will help answer any questions I can. I think it is a good idea.

2005 Mustang Gt
* 20" wheels
* Flowmaster Axel Back Exhaust
* K&N CAI Intake
* SCT custom tune
* Pypes X-Pipe
* Shaker 1000 audio system

2004 White Mach 1
* Super Forty Flowmaster Mufflers
* Bassani On/Off road X-pipe
* Air Silencer Removed
* K&N Drop in Filter

Mach&Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
markthenarc

Should here from the department this fall,(finally) so anything to do with law enforcement is fine by me.
markthenarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
2k4mach
LuLz

lol nice IMU
guess ill bust the 1st question, why the newer younger cops always gotta give you a ticket, while the older cops just give you a warning unless you seriously act like an ******* or really did something stupid
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
04VAMach1

It's not a bad idea...run it similar to the one on SVTPerformance.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Cool idea!

My questions--
Are there such things as traffic ticket quotas and is their extra compensation for those that write over a certain amount of tickets in a month? And is there a time of month you'd be less likely to write a ticket and give a warning instead?

I've only had one ticket in my life (and in my work truck) so this is just one of those "I was wondering" scenarios.

Thanks!

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
FloridaOrange
SCS Homie

I like the idea. :ORANGE:
FloridaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

I think it's an excellent idea as long as the proper respect is paid to the person or persons giving answers. Probably will need an outside moderator to "keep the peace"...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #9
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach
lol nice IMU
guess ill bust the 1st question, why the newer younger cops always gotta give you a ticket, while the older cops just give you a warning unless you seriously act like an ******* or really did something stupid
In my experience and opinion, younger officers seem to be more "gung-ho." I got more stats than you did last month! Kind of like us....I got more mods than you did last month! Also, a few of the younger officers are still on training. They have to write everything so they get the experince of doing it right (writing reports, citations, crime scene security, setting up containments, etc.). As time goes on, they have less to prove, so they end up like me. And old patrol Sgt. I hope this answers your question!

277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1
It's not a bad idea...run it similar to the one on SVTPerformance.
This is where I got the idea from. They run a smooth ship, but I wanted it to be The Reg thread, not The SVTP thread on the REG. Thanks for your input!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #11
socalmach

I like the idea.
Last night the Mach got keyed down the left side of the car. I didn't see who did it but earlier in the day at 7/11 (1 block away) there was a guy cussing at me for a good 2 minutes b/c I wouldn't give him beer money.
Question is: If I see this guy again is there anything that could be done by the police? Such as talking to the guy to see what he knew or something.
Thanks.

www.eastcoastdomestics.com
socalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #12
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04
Cool idea!

My questions--
Are there such things as traffic ticket quotas and is their extra compensation for those that write over a certain amount of tickets in a month? And is there a time of month you'd be less likely to write a ticket and give a warning instead?

I've only had one ticket in my life (and in my work truck) so this is just one of those "I was wondering" scenarios.

Thanks!
No - quotas are illegal in all 50 states - they are a violation of your civil rights. There is no compensation for officers who write the most, nor putitive actions for the officers who write the least. Everything comes into play when a citation is written. The attitude of the violator, the mood of the officer, whether there is a directed patrol for that area (a lot of crashes happen at an intersection due to red light runners, etc.). And, there is no time of the month for not getting a cite or a warning instead.

Police departments do get a small cut of the fines you (and I) pay for citations. This goes back into the department for traffic education, equipment (radar, speed limit signs, DUI checkpoints, training, motorcycles, etc.). But the courts get most of the fines for court cost reimbursemeny=t
(salaries and stuff). I hope this answers your question!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
San Pedro Mach
Resident Subaruista

Good Idea Dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMachU
I have been kicking this idea around for a while, and thought I'd give it a try. Rules for the thread:
2 - All Registry rules apply. No religion, politics, foul language, nekkid girlies, etc.
There is actually a rule about religion and politics??

Quote:
In my experience and opinion, younger officers seem to be more "gung-ho."
No kidding. I always thought Streakn fit this description. LOL

My question is how much 'socializing' do you do with shop-owners and citizens in your patrol zone and is it required?
San Pedro Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #14
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Quote:
No - quotas are illegal in all 50 states - they are a violation of your civil rights. There is no compensation for officers who write the most, nor putitive actions for the officers who write the least. Everything comes into play when a citation is written. The attitude of the violator, the mood of the officer, whether there is a directed patrol for that area (a lot of crashes happen at an intersection due to red light runners, etc.). And, there is no time of the month for not getting a cite or a warning instead.

Police departments do get a small cut of the fines you (and I) pay for citations. This goes back into the department for traffic education, equipment (radar, speed limit signs, DUI checkpoints, training, motorcycles, etc.). But the courts get most of the fines for court cost reimbursemeny=t
(salaries and stuff). I hope this answers your question!
Thanks Dave! :ORANGE: Be safe.

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
Mikestang
Parrot Head

One good idea i have is that if a cop wants to volunter for this duty he would be given a screen name like

freindly officer #45 so if he chooses he can protect his other online persona
03 MACH1 Torch Red #274 Built 11/14/02 Home 12/07/02 Payed off 09/17/07 MRT powershift, W\Hurst T-handle, Painted hood stripe, AFS 10.5 and 9.0 Crome Mach 1Wheels, Ford GT Coil Covers.
"If She had a set a wings, Man I know She could fly "
2011 Kona Blue Metalic Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Rolling on 19s
"2011 Will Be Known As The Year They Perfected The Mustang "
06 Victory Kingpin With more mods than I can list
http://home.roadrunner.com/~crazyhorse/
Mikestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3
I think it's an excellent idea as long as the proper respect is paid to the person or persons giving answers. Probably will need an outside moderator to "keep the peace"...
Since this is in the General Discussion area and I have no mod priveledges here, are you offering? I hope so....you are the MAN!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:15 PM   #17
2k4mach
LuLz

Quote:
In my experience and opinion, younger officers seem to be more "gung-ho." I got more stats than you did last month! Kind of like us....I got more mods than you did last month! Also, a few of the younger officers are still on training. They have to write everything so they get the experince of doing it right (writing reports, citations, crime scene security, setting up containments, etc.). As time goes on, they have less to prove, so they end up like me. And old patrol Sgt. I hope this answers your question!
thats what i kinda figured it was
04 DSG Mach 1 (stolen)
03 OW Mach 1 (sitting in a field rotting away)
2k4mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #18
San Pedro Mach
Resident Subaruista

All we need now is for Machfelon to start a 'Ask A Felon' thread. LOL.
San Pedro Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #19
FordMan
I Am Cornholio!!!

This is for all police officers in states with right-to-carry laws. What has been your experience with and/or your opinion of allowing citizens to carry concealed handguns.
FordMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #20
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmach
I like the idea.
Last night the Mach got keyed down the left side of the car. I didn't see who did it but earlier in the day at 7/11 (1 block away) there was a guy cussing at me for a good 2 minutes b/c I wouldn't give him beer money.
Question is: If I see this guy again is there anything that could be done by the police? Such as talking to the guy to see what he knew or something.
Thanks.
If the damage is over $5000, in Calif it is a felony vandalism. Therefore, the guy can be named as a suspect and be detained and questioned for the crime. Otherwise, it is a misdemeanor that no one saw occur, so unfortunately nothing can be done. Now, if you or some one sees him do it again, or there is video tape of the crime, he can be held to answer (for damage under $5000 - over $5K it is slam-dunk). I hope this answers your question!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #21
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Pedro Mach
D'oh!

I'm hoping that after streakn gets back and his hangover wears off he'll participate in here, too.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #22
IMachU
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMan
This is for all police officers in states with right-to-carry laws. What has been your experience with and/or your opinion of allowing citizens to carry concealed handguns.
Unfortunately, I'm in Commiefornia, so I can't answer this one....any one lese wanna stab at this one? Anyone? Beuller?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #23
Mach 1 Fireman
I had a nice Mach 1 once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Pedro Mach

That's just wrong right there, funny, but wrong
Mach 1 Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #24
BlackMach
MachJunkie

In Massachusetts when a citation is issued and paid by the violator (no court proceedings held), 50% of the fine collected goes to the town that issued the citation, and the other 50% goes to the state.

I learned this info out the hard way...

C&L Trueflow/Cold Air Kit (Stock MAF w/screen), Accufab TB, MRT H-Pipe w/Cats, Street Springs, Magnaflow Exhaust, PHP Intake Spacer, UPR Short Belt Kit, Steeda Alum U & L RCAs, Rear Sway Bar, Chrome Ultra-Lite II 17"x 9" Wheels, XCal 2 Custom Tune, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Alum Girdle, Alum D.S., Alum Trans Pan, Meziere Electric WP, NGK Iridium TR6IX, Odyssey PC925LMJT, Nitto 275/40/17 NT

My Mach 1 Web Site
BlackMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #25
socalmach

Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured.

www.eastcoastdomestics.com
socalmach is offline   Reply With Quote