2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #1951
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by np_mach1 View Post
If that is the argument you are making then you should look around the league. Is Percy Harvin done? Is Larry Fitz done? Brandon Marshall doesn't post up huge stats every week. Reggie Wayne doesn't either, Austin Collie looks like the best receiver to ever play when Reggie is on the field...
Percy Harvin has missed practices and not been 100% because of injury. An ambulance took him to the hopital from the practice field September 22nd. He deserves a break.

Larry Fitzgerald has dropped from 63.4% of team targets in 2009 to 48.1%. He went from Kurt Warner to Derick Anderson and Max Hall. They are not getting him the ball.

Brandon Marshall's stats are always impressive: Thirteen 911 calls to his house while he was in Denver for domestic disputes. He is not a man and prefer not to discus him, but for the record he had 22 catches versus Moss' nine after four games.

Reggie Wayne has 106.2 yards per game so far this year to Collie's 89.2. The best of Wayne's career. I realize this is partially due to a lack of other options in Indy, but Reg is stepping up to the plate. I wouldn't call that done.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #1952
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
Percy Harvin has missed practices and not been 100% because of injury. An ambulance took him to the hopital from the practice field September 22nd. He deserves a break.

Larry Fitzgerald has dropped from 63.4% of team targets in 2009 to 48.1%. He went from Kurt Warner to Derick Anderson and Max Hall. They are not getting him the ball.

Brandon Marshall's stats are always impressive: Thirteen 911 calls to his house while he was in Denver for domestic disputes. He is not a man and prefer not to discus him, but for the record he had 22 catches versus Moss' nine after four games.

Reggie Wayne has 106.2 yards per game so far this year to Collie's 89.2. The best of Wayne's career. I realize this is partially due to a lack of other options in Indy, but Reg is stepping up to the plate. I wouldn't call that done.
Yeah, Percy must have gotten better real fast and had the best game of this season last night... You know the real reason he had a better game... RANDY! Now that he isn't the #1 he will be explosive, and productive again.

Through Week 4 (I do not have the time to search for week 5 numbers):

Fitz was tied for the 3rd most targets than any other receiver with 45 he caught 19, a 42% reception rate. He has 2 td's 9.5:1 reception to TD rate.

Randy is 41st amongst all receivers for targets with 22 he caught 9,a 41% reception rate. He has 3 td's 3:1 reception to TD rate. In the last 2 games Moss played in NE he was targeted 4 times. He can't throw the ball to himself.

Brandon Marshall (If you think he is scum bag you should be happy) has just 1 100 yd game and 1 TD this year. The only good thing is he is catching a bunch of his targets.

(I agree Reggie was a horrible example. He just hasn't caught very many TD's (2) this years compared to Collie Who has 5. I like Reg a lot, in fact I was lucky enough to get him on my FF team this year.)

My point is NONE of these guys are done even though they have gotten off to a lack luster start.

Last edited by np_mach1; 10-12-2010 at 09:51 AM.
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #1953
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Yeah, Percy must have gotten better real fast and had the best game of this season last night... You know the real reason he had a better game... RANDY! Now that he isn't the #1 he will be explosive, and productive again.

Through Week 4 (I do not have the time to search for week 5 numbers):

Fitz was tied for the 3rd most targets than any other receiver with 45 he caught 19, a 42% reception rate. He has 2 td's 9.5:1 reception to TD rate.

Randy is 41st amongst all receivers for targets with 22 he caught 9,a 41% reception rate. He has 3 td's 3:1 reception to TD rate. In the last 2 games Moss played in NE he was targeted 4 times. He can't throw the ball to himself.

Brandon Marshall (If you think he is scum bag you should be happy) has just 1 100 yd game and 1 TD this year. The only good thing is he is catching a bunch of his targets.

(I agree Reggie was a horrible example. He just hasn't caught very many TD's (2) this years compared to Collie Who has 5. I like Reg a lot, in fact I was lucky enough to get him on my FF team this year.)

My point is NONE of these guys are done even though they have gotten off to a lack luster start.

Good points on both sides. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think Bill Belichick is one of the smartest guys in football and for some reason he thought the risk of keeping Moss outweighed the risk of getting rid of him. I'm not saying Moss can't catch a football anymore, I'm saying he's not what he used to be. For some people it's ok to be a distraction when you are elite, but then when you become average it's time to go. I guess I just don't like rich, spoiled players who don't play hard. Maybe that's most of them these days....

As for Percy Harvin, yes he looked better last night, but unlike all the others we discussed, he's not a #1 wideout. He needs someone, anyone to stretch the field so that his routes will work. I don't think he'll do better with Moss than he did with Sidney Rice, but he'll do better with Moss than with NOBODY as has been the case so far this year. And he has been hurt.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #1954
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
Good points on both sides. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think Bill Belichick is one of the smartest guys in football and for some reason he thought the risk of keeping Moss outweighed the risk of getting rid of him. I'm not saying Moss can't catch a football anymore, I guess I just don't like rich, spoiled players who don't play hard. Maybe that's most of them these days....

As for Percy Harvin, yes he looked better last night, but unlike all the others we discussed, he's not a #1 wideout. He needs someone, anyone to stretch the field so that his routes will work. I don't think he'll do better with Moss than he did with Sidney Rice, but he'll do better with Moss than with NOBODY as has been the case so far this year. And he has been hurt.
Bill is a smart coach. He does things a certain way and they always stock pile draft picks. It is a win-win-win I am sure, NE getting a pick, Moss getting a shot at a ring, and Vikes filling a need.

Yeah Percy is very legit #2. It sucked to him struggle since I know how good he is. He makes people pay with the mis-matches.

Good debate, valid points
Old 10-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #1955
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

49ers...

what the f*** is going on!?
04azuremach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #1956
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

how about those jets????

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #1957
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach View Post
how about those jets????
They still haven't done anything in 30 some years. Talk to us at the end of the year.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #1958
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04azuremach View Post
They still haven't done anything in 30 some years. Talk to us at the end of the year.
Anything??? One game from the superbowl last year. Ok I'l dog you at the end of the year.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #1959
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
Anything??? One game from the superbowl last year.
Oh yeah, in this day and age we have to recognize 3rd and 4th Place. By 2015 everyone will get a ring.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #1960
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Quote:
Anything??? One game from the superbowl last year. Ok I'l dog you at the end of the year.
They didn't even belong on the play offs. Sorry, man. The Bengals and Colts sat their starters the last two weeks of the regular season. Don't forget how you got there: luck.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #1961
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

Looks like Cryboys going to lose again today
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
02mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #1962
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Maybe, but this is a win/win game for everybody...if the Plowboys lose, great...if the Farve-kings lose...great...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #1963
kiler be

Gotta love those Cowpies!!!!
75 Maverick 6cyl, auto ( Mean Machine )
kiler be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #1964
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Pats squeeked one out today. Dion Branch played a great first game back with the Pats. 9 completed passes for close to 100 yards and 1 touchdown. I don't miss Moss yet. I sure wish Brady would give up the modeling career, cut his hair and just play football other than that he's great 23 straight home wins.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #1965
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
Oh yeah, in this day and age we have to recognize 3rd and 4th Place. By 2015 everyone will get a ring.
We play you guys soon, just wondering... If we win do you give us any credit?? Or are you gonna be a homer and make excuses??

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #1966
kiler be

Redskins was that at the end of the game.

Oh well, still so much better then they've been for the last 10 years.

Next week.........DA BEARS.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #1967
np_mach1

Quote:
We play you guys soon, just wondering... If we win do you give us any credit?? Or are you gonna be a homer and make excuses??
Aint scurred.

If you want to go to the Super bowl in the AFC you will have to pass through Pittsburgh.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #1968
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Aint scurred.

If you want to go to the Super bowl in the AFC you will have to pass through Pittsburgh.
I agree, you guys were good without a quarterback, your probably going to be down right frightening with one. Just hope, for you guys sake, big Ben don't rape a 4th grader on the way to practice.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #1969
np_mach1

Quote:
I agree, you guys were good without a quarterback, your probably going to be down right frightening with one. Just hope, for you guys sake, big Ben don't rape a 4th grader on the way to practice.
Yeah yeah, How soon we forget "Sanchize" was accused of sexual assault back in 2006.

You should know the rule about living in a glass house by now sir.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #1970
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Yeah yeah, How soon we forget "Sanchize" was accused of sexual assault back in 2006.

You should know the rule about living in a glass house by now sir.
LOL, easy bro I was only kidding...

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #1971
kiler be

This week in the NFL.
With the ref's watching for the "the BIG HIT" this week, how many game will be changed by these kind of calls?
I agree the NFL needs to try to do something but another judgement call for the ref's..I'm not sure its going to work so well. The ref's have a hard enough time letting the fans know if it a touchdown, first down, catch, without a replay.
Seems like most of the players, now and in the past, are opposed to a old rule being enforced now.
Ditka said it best, if you want the players to stop leading with their helmet......take away their helmets...or a least the face mask. These Pretty boys aint gonna mess up their face.

Just wondering what you guys think.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 AM   #1972
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiler be View Post
This week in the NFL.
With the ref's watching for the "the BIG HIT" this week, how many game will be changed by these kind of calls?
I agree the NFL needs to try to do something but another judgement call for the ref's..I'm not sure its going to work so well. The ref's have a hard enough time letting the fans know if it a touchdown, first down, catch, without a replay.
Seems like most of the players, now and in the past, are opposed to a old rule being enforced now.
Ditka said it best, if you want the players to stop leading with their helmet......take away their helmets...or a least the face mask. These Pretty boys aint gonna mess up their face.

Just wondering what you guys think.

If you want to know the pure unadulterated truth?...

Here is a dialogue my brother and I had via e-mail this morning, and a post he made on NFL's website :

his comments: If the NFL goes forward with its policy of fining and suspending defensive players that hit offensive players for "helmet-to-helmet" hits it will ruin the game. Plain and simple. Over the past several years the NFL has implemented rules to protect offensive players (i.e., hits on the QB, horse collar, etc.). I understand touchdowns are exciting and make for good highlights, and also bring fans to the stands. However, so do defensive players. Fans like big hits and tough defenses as well. It's not just an offensive sport. The NFL should be very careful to not ruin the integrity of the game. This drastic "knee-jerk" reaction to a fluke weekend of injuries will have consequences for the NFL. AND not the kind the NFL wants. Policies such as these will drive fans away, both TV viewers and game attendees. I have reluctantly sat by and watched the NFL suck the fun out of the game and make rule changes that I find are wrong and disagree with, but nothing quite on this level. I can no longer sit by and watch the NFL ruin the game of football. This new policy of enforcing fines and suspensions on players for “helmet-to-helmet” hits will drastically change the game of football. The game I have loved since I was a child! If anyone from the NFL has any sense they will not go forward with this new policy. If you need an example look at NASCAR. They tried to go down this path of cleaning everything up from language the drivers use to how they drive. How has that worked out for them?? Not well. Viewership is down! Attendance is down! Sponsorship is down! Commissioner Goodell, I hope you realize that your actions on this matter will have unintended consequences. This on top of the potential lockout, will unfortunately drive away long time fans of the game. Please don't ruin the game that I and so many other fans love. It's a man's game for a reason; let men play the game like men do. That's why we all love it so much

My comments on the topic: The reality is most people complaining (like all of the anti- mike vick people) are not real football fans. Should there be a modification to the rules done? Yes, but there must be clearly defined rules and not things that are left up to interpretation. Harrison's hit should not be a penalty. Did he crush those guys, yeah 100% he did, but it was not with his head. Mohammad tucked up into a ball and that is the reason Harrison hit his upper chest head area. If he doesn't duck he doesn't get hit there. If the receivers don't want to get hit then don't go for the catch in traffic. Back in the day there weren't very many teams who threw to the middle of the field. There was a reason for that, because you knew people would get blown up. Furthermore, QB's are leading receivers into more and more bad situations. Perfect example was Kolb throwing that lay out pass to Jackson into zone coverage. Another, that was horrible, was when Q got his face crushed when Warner threw him up over the middle into the end zone. Face the facts if you throw the ball 50 times a game you are going to get big hits. If you don't want that to happen... run the ball more. Unfortunately that is not an option because the NFL wants this league to be an NBA/ Arena football-like league where high scoring and whipping the ball down field is exciting.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #1973
np_mach1

Also let me add I love this game. I have grown up with this game as a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I have played this sport on different levels, and the risk of being hurt is always present. I have injured my back, jaw, broken my hand, severely sprained ankles... and all of this for the love of the game, for me and my team mates. It was a choice I made. I knew the consequences.

The college and NFL game have turned into such a huge business that no one really cares about the "player safety" the care about $$$. Let’s try something NFL, since this "problem" isn't new. Invest a few million dollars every year for the next 5 years to develope and implement new equipment that will help reduce the risk of injury. If you start putting so many rules on these players on how and where to hit (although some are 100% needed) you might as well play 8 on 8 and put flags on them.

It is too hard to adjust your body mid collision to what the other person is doing. What, should you hug them to the turf? Please!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #1974
kiler be

With all of your points.
The NFL is going up a very slippery slop here.
The players are so BIG and Fast some of these hit can't be helped. Its the way the game has evolved, the way the NFL wanted it to evolve.
The equipment has not kept pace with the size and speed of the players.

I love the game, I WAS a nascar fan for many years. I agree with your point that The NFL should take notice of how they have ruined that sport.
Guess we will see what happens this Sunday.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #1975
Firebreed05
Certified Goat Herder

Good god did the Saints play horrible today. Drew Brees wasn't just shooting his team in the foot.......he turned the gun around and stuck the barrel in their mouth. Looks like this franchise's ole karma has finally caught up to their unprecedented championship caliber. They are now operating exactly like the Saints of the 90's...........no great win goes without a horrible massacre to punctuate it. I literally could not watch it anymore......turned the game off at halftime. Looks like Superbowl hangover has claimed another championship team.

Ah well...at least I lived long enough to see them go to the big show once.