2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results

Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results Questions, experiences & results for electronic tuning and dyno tests

Old 06-19-2005, 02:44 AM   #1
stockmach1

Slp dyno results!

well Im pretty exited. I have an 03 5speed mach. I have put on php intake spacer and c&l cai with maf. Didnt really notice a difference. Dyno it this morning and put down 280rwhp and 305rwtq. I purchased slp LT headers, o/r shorty x-pipe, and lmII catback. My friend refered me to this guy who really only works on vettes and f-bodys but he would install everything for 400 bucks! so of course i jumped on it. 12 hours later he finally finishes so Im there with all of my fbody friends and were all thinking 300rwhp to 310rwhp, so we strap her up and let her rip. its insanely loud at wot. ( but very quiet at idle or low rpms ) well lets just say all there mouths dropped. Thanks slp put down 324rwhp and 337rwtq. thats a 44rwhp gain and 32rwtq. This is without a tune. Im not sure if a tune is going to help or hurt my numbers so if anyone can take a look at the dyno chart and explain it to me a bit better that would be great. He didnt have time to put in the 410's so there going in next week. Oh yeah the mechanic told me that this was by far the hardest job he has ever had putting in headers. and for now on hes will do it for no less than 650, thats with the x-pipe and catback installed too though.
Attached Thumbnails
dyno1.gif  
stockmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:55 AM   #2
stockmach1

Re: Slp dyno results!

Sorry you cant really see the graph that good thats the biggest I could get it to upload it. If anyone knows how to make it bigger I can send them the file.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:50 AM   #3
Orange whip 04
Never Fear Smith Is Here

Quite impressive, SLP makes good products and they react very well to our machs. I think you gained the most power potential from your cat back and offroad X. Its amazing the power that frees up when you dont have cats in place. And yes, headers are a pain in the azz.
Orange whip 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:54 AM   #4
stockmach1

yeah i was pretty upset about him not getting around to putting in the gears until i saw the numbers
Old 06-19-2005, 04:04 AM   #5
Orange whip 04
Never Fear Smith Is Here

Thats ok, those number made up the difference for now. A step up in gears will better enhance the overall acomplishments.
Orange whip 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
lamach1

That's awesome. I love my SLP system. By the way, I picked up 14 rwhp from a custom tune. Wound up with 325 rwhp, but that was on a mustang dyno. I know gains from a tune can vary widely but if you could pick up 10 from a tune and 6 from an electric water pump that would be 340 rwhp or 400 fwhp just from bolt on's. I really think it could be done and it would be great to see someone actully do it. I think the main reason we haven't seen 340 rwhp from bolt on's is because most people have changed to lower gears which give a lower dyno reading.
lamach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:57 PM   #7
lamach1

Thumbs up Re: Slp dyno results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange whip 04
Quite impressive, SLP makes good products and they react very well to our machs. I think you gained the most power potential from your cat back and offroad X. Its amazing the power that frees up when you dont have cats in place. And yes, headers are a pain in the azz.
When dynoed individually, I have usually seen the cat back get 8-10 max, and the off road x get 10 - 12 max which would leave 22 h.p. from the long tubes. I think it would be hard to tell exactly which part is making the most power, however SLP has to be producing a well engineered system with a gain of 44 rwhp.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #8
stockmach1

Yeah my mustang hating buddies were shocked, his camaro only picked up 15rwhp from slp's full exhaust. So to make him feel better on the way home I showed him my bumper, he dynod 348rwhp with cams.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:30 AM   #9
99GTCONV

hey lamach1, is your xpipe an offroad xpipe? I wonder how much performance gains i would see by taking out my hi flow cats in my xpipe. Is it really loud with the longtubes and no cats?

By the way you got tuned by one of the pioneers of the SCT company, Chris Johnson, so it doesn't surprise me that you are making 325rwhp.
99GTCONV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:02 PM   #10
lamach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTCONV
hey lamach1, is your xpipe an offroad xpipe? I wonder how much performance gains i would see by taking out my hi flow cats in my xpipe. Is it really loud with the longtubes and no cats?

By the way you got tuned by one of the pioneers of the SCT company, Chris Johnson, so it doesn't surprise me that you are making 325rwhp.
Yes, it's an off-road. It's easy to put on or rempve the cats with the SLP system. The only actuall back to back comparison that I've seen showed a gain of only 2 or 3 rwhp with the cats off. In that test they started with aftermarket high flow cats then went to an off-road x. Two things I can say are 1. aftermarket cats flow well and may not be worth removing unless you are looking for every last bit off power. 2. Every mod you make on the Mach is dependent on a retune. In the test I mentioned above, I suspect they would have picked up maybe 5 rwhp if they had retuned after removing the cats. Another example that I saw happened when I was getting my car tuned. After my car was finished I hung around and watched Chris working on a CAI for an 05 GT. He tuned the car and then put on a larger air filter. There was no change in the dyno results untill he retuned. It then picked up 2 rwhp. Anyway, I'm thinking that going from high flow cats to off-road x will probably make little difference without a tune. With a tune, you may see 3-5 rwhp which would be very little considering the cost of the off-road x and the tune.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #11
CompMach
28,000 ft lbs...thrust =)

Nice Results, Just barely being able to read your Air/Fuel Chart looks like you hit 13 at Redline. Which is optimal or very close to I think. You might pick up a few more hp, might not...it's worth a shot though =) Congrats though.

Best E.T. 13.63@101.8
PHP Spacer
CompMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #12
Mach0ne351

ya awesome #'s like all the mach1's i see ......also your a/f is from 13.5:1 to 13.0:1....13.0 is the highest you should run..id say when you get it tuned, have the a/f around 12.8:1 to be on the safe side. being too lean isnt good

marek
NASA/X 2003 ESP Champion
Tubular Chassis Suspension by Håns Racecraft
www.32valve.com
Mach0ne351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 07:55 AM   #13
rdksek844
Macho Uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockmach1
well Im pretty exited. I have an 03 5speed mach. I have put on php intake spacer and c&l cai with maf. Didnt really notice a difference. Dyno it this morning and put down 280rwhp and 305rwtq. I purchased slp LT headers, o/r shorty x-pipe, and lmII catback. My friend refered me to this guy who really only works on vettes and f-bodys but he would install everything for 400 bucks! so of course i jumped on it. 12 hours later he finally finishes so Im there with all of my fbody friends and were all thinking 300rwhp to 310rwhp, so we strap her up and let her rip. its insanely loud at wot. ( but very quiet at idle or low rpms ) well lets just say all there mouths dropped. Thanks slp put down 324rwhp and 337rwtq. thats a 44rwhp gain and 32rwtq. This is without a tune. Im not sure if a tune is going to help or hurt my numbers so if anyone can take a look at the dyno chart and explain it to me a bit better that would be great. He didnt have time to put in the 410's so there going in next week. Oh yeah the mechanic told me that this was by far the hardest job he has ever had putting in headers. and for now on hes will do it for no less than 650, thats with the x-pipe and catback installed too though.
At about 3700 you lean out to what appears to be above 14.0 to 1. You need a tune! That lean can hurt stuff in the long run. I would get a tune just for safety reasons, and any power gains are a plus. Just my .02.
rdksek844 is offline   Reply With Quote