2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
nitmare
nitmare

Thinking about selling my baby

This is something I almost did before. I LOVE the look of My car. I have almost got it exactly where I have been envisioning it for almost 3 years now. It has never left me on the side of the road in 30,000 miles now. I think I am just sick of shifting gears. I also dont LOVE driving it anymore. Ive thought about paying it off then buying what I want as I only owe 5000 now on it. What I want now is a Lightning agian. Drove one the other day agian and LOVED IT... I know the easy answer would be pay the mustang off then buy the truck. I just dont know if I want to go another 17 thousand in debt after The car is paid off. I was thinking of using the money I get to buy the truck and not owe as much so I can get the rest of my CC down to zero. I want a automatic #1 and have spent months lookin at what would make me happy driving to work everyday.. And no a beater is out of the question. would rather enjoy a good vehicle everyday.. please help my foggyness
03 DSG JLT cai,Custom tune, MGW shifter, Aluminum drive shaft, Pypes x w/High flow magnaflow cats and mac cat back. AFS DD replicas 17x10.5 with 315s and 17x 9 with 275 front. Eibach pro's with urethane Isos, Bilstein struts/shocks, some MM suspension Pieces.
nitmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Machy uno

Re: Thinking about selling my baby

Ahhh...grass is always greener on the other side I say. I love the Mach. Sometimes I see other things on the road that I 'love' more. For me I have the feeling if I got rid of the mach and into something else I'd have the same issue a few months down the road. There will always be a car that is faster, more unique, handles better, or has the new wiget yours doesn't. No car has it all. Currently I only have one garage spot available to me for a project so the Mach it is. It's been too good to me to get rid of it. Eventually I plan on having a larger garage to have more projects, but the most important thing for me is the Mach is always one of those projects.

Perhaps you feel different though. If you only can have one car and the Mach isn't cutting it, jump into something that is. Mach's can still be found with pretty low mileage and their price isn't bad. You could always get your lightening...then down the road pick up another Mach if you find the need. What do you like more about the lightening? Do you need the truck for hauling? Do you like the looks? The whine of the supercharger? If it were me I'd break it down into the whys. Why do you not love the Mach anymore, and why did you love driving the lightening? If it was simply because it was new to you, you'll be repeating the process eventually. If there's actual reasons that are easy and plain to see, jump on it.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
4a7191a

or you could finish paying the mach1 off and get a lightning for a "work" truck like i did.

2001 svt lightning
2011 Mitsubishi Evo X
1999 F250 7.3L
4a7191a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
4valve 4tw?

Machy uno hit the nail on the head. Why lightening over Mach? What's the Mach lacking(automatic part you've made clear but that's null and void since they're auto Mach's) that the lightening has in spades, or only slightly. The other thing few do is what are you REALLY giving up by switching to a lightening... besides mpg lol. You're giving up handling but are you really ok with that? Do you favor the lightening's looks that much more then a Mach's? As he said, you switch to a lightening cause its new, will you be missing the Mach in 6 months?

And if you do want something larger with an auto, don't automatically count out the trailblazer/Silverado SS. Available in rwd or awd for that added little confidence if you want. I'd suggest the srt8 jeep as well, but you're shelling out $25k for one that's in meh condition with those. I've seen them as high as high 40k for ones with 10,000 miles or less.
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
nitmare
nitmare

really its just if I have one car I want it to be an automatic. I like driving my girlfriends 08 mustang v6 more than my car due to the easyness to drive. I work long hours on the dock ( new job) and my feet hurt everyday going home. Hence the hating the heavy clutch right now. I guess Im also looking for something that sits more than 2 full size people. The lightning is only 3 but really cant find anything I would be satisfied with. I have looked at the blazer ss and they are just ugly with bad interior. The srt jeeps are actually bad azz looking but ive heard some bad things about the reliability from them. Ive even thought about a newer mustang with an auto, and 400 horses of course but still seat 2. I REALLY want to stay ford... Thanks for letting me talk about this, I know its not a life or death desision but it seems to be consuming my thoughts right now
03 DSG JLT cai,Custom tune, MGW shifter, Aluminum drive shaft, Pypes x w/High flow magnaflow cats and mac cat back. AFS DD replicas 17x10.5 with 315s and 17x 9 with 275 front. Eibach pro's with urethane Isos, Bilstein struts/shocks, some MM suspension Pieces.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #6
Dmustang02

Have you looked at the ford edge sport? It has all the bells and whistles it was one truck I was debating if I didn't go with a SRT8
Dmustang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

if you really want a lightning and just don't get it from the mach any more go get something else. don't just settle. many people change there minds everyday and many people have sold for many diff reason. just do what ever makes you happy
for me i've been wanting a Saleen, but i can't see myself paying for another ride and also the insurance on another ride, so i've thought about just putting a full Saleen body kit on the mach, two birds with one stone, also if someone talks smack i have the HP to back it up. either way its all up to you man, do what ever makes you happy. even if you sell the mach your always welcome on here

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Sburns04

I would just pay the Mach off, and just get a lil cheap automatic 4 banger as a DD i know you pretty much dismissed that Idea but it really isn't a bad one... as others have mentioned, you're going to miss the Mach
Sburns04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
StevesTorchRed

I regret every second of selling my Mach.
StevesTorchRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
nitmare
nitmare

Thanks for all the sugestions. I have been driving 2 different Mach 1's now for 5 of the last 7 years as a DD and a Mustang 23 of the last 27 years ( 43 now). I guess Im just getting the itch for something else. Gonna try and pay it off and keep it but I guess we will see what happens. For me personally I like to enjoy what I drive EVERY DAY so we will see. If i do get the Lightning as a DD my plan was maybe getting a mustang to tinker with later. Or even trading my girls car for a 11 or 12 GT automatic down the road. She really wants a cobra kit car for the third vehicle one day .
Old 09-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
4valve 4tw?

I feel the same way about enjoying what you drive everyday. My olds drives me crazy now that it's my dd.

Ready for the off the wall suggestion? Spend like 3 grand on a low mileage fiero, and another 2 grand on wheels, SERIOUS tires, and some suspension work. Before I get flamed for that, look up any old road test with them, they turn very impressive times for the time period and money they demand. Small wheelbase+mid engine+sticky tires mean it should eat your Mach up on a twists road. Yeah, it may not be the fastest thing out there, but it'd make a fun dd... just don't buy an 84, contrary to popular opinion, they were the only ones that caught on fire.
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #12
nitmare
nitmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4valve 4tw? View Post
I feel the same way about enjoying what you drive everyday. My olds drives me crazy now that it's my dd.

Ready for the off the wall suggestion? Spend like 3 grand on a low mileage fiero, and another 2 grand on wheels, SERIOUS tires, and some suspension work. Before I get flamed for that, look up any old road test with them, they turn very impressive times for the time period and money they demand. Small wheelbase+mid engine+sticky tires mean it should eat your Mach up on a twists road. Yeah, it may not be the fastest thing out there, but it'd make a fun dd... just don't buy an 84, contrary to popular opinion, they were the only ones that caught on fire.
I do think those cars are cool. If I do keep the mach was maybe looking at a used explorer in the 5 to 7 tho rang for smaller payments once the Mach was finished. A v8 and maybe add exhaust and wheels tires .They have some higher milage lightnings over 100 thousand miles for around 10 but Im woried about all that could go wrong trans, supercharger, engine.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
73mach03

Get what you enjoy driving. If that is the Lightning, go for it. You'll be happy and whoever gets your Mach 1 will be happy.

There will always be cars we get rid of that will be missed. It might be more important to get something that you love driving right now.

In a perfect world, you keep the Mach 1 and get a new Lightning. Problem is that the world is clearly not perfect and sometimes you have to make a tough decision. Good luck.

I do understand the issue with shifting. I've shifted cars since 1968 and am finally getting to the point when I can see a day where none of my cars will be manual. For now, I have the best of both worlds, but when (and if) the Mach 1 goes, it will be replaced with an automatic.
73mach03 is offline   Reply With Quote