2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Surveys & POLLS

Surveys & POLLS Post Registry-wide gerneral surveys and polls here.

View Poll Results: Do You Give Money To Street People?
Yes 3 12.00%
Hell No! 22 88.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #26
SouthKak_Mach1

Re: Do You Give Money To Street People?

I don't give cash money to people on the street, but I'll buy food, water, etc. to help them out if their story seems legit. Homeless people will sometimes use the money that they're given to buy drugs to get high, so I refuse to give them cash money.
2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (DSG), Borla Stingers Catback, C&L CAI, SCT X4 Custom Tune, Black Chrome Rovos Durban Wheels (18x9 F, 18x10.5 R) on Nitto NT05s (275/35/18 F, 295/35/18 R), Pioneer AVH-4200NEX Receiver, MM C/C Plates, Rolled Rear Fenders, Eibach Sportlines/Struts/Shocks, Raxiom Smoked Taillights/Third Brake Light/LED Bulbs, Clear Headlights w/ Black Housing, Polished Aluminum Interior Accents, 30% Window Tint, Tinted Side Markers, Carbon Fiber Valve Stem Caps, Black Shorty Antenna
SouthKak_Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:22 AM   #27
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Sorry, but I always know how much gas is in my car as soon as I start my car. Especially if I'm going to be driving any kind of distance. It wouldn't matter what kind of emergency it was, even if I did forget my wallet, their's no way I would even make it out of town before I looked at the gas gauge still.

I remember years ago I was in a fast food parking lot and just about to walk inside to get some food and some lady runs up to me SCREAMING "HELP ME, HELP ME, WE NEED HELP!!!" I spin around and ask what's wrong. She points to her car that had a small kid and an old lady in it. She says " IT'S MY KID AND GRANDMA!!" I was actually concerned and asked her if it was some kind of medical emergency. I mean this lady was frantic. Her answer was "WE'VE COMPLETELY RUN OUT OF GAS AND HAVE BEEN SITTING IN THIS PARKING LOT FOR THE PAST 1 DAY! CAN WE HAVE SOME MONEY FOR GAS TO GET BACK HOME 50 MILES AWAY?" My head nearly exploded I was so mad. I just turned back around and shook my head the entire way walking into the fast food place. It took me 3 minutes to get my food and when I came back out to the parking lot THE CAR WAS GONE! I guess while I was inside getting food, the gas fairy came by and put gas in her empty tank.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #28
Tom Yancy

I felt that he might be telling the truth. He might have also been lying. Either way, I can live with it. I've had others approach me and tell me they are from out of town and are trying to get home and are out of gas and I have told them no, thinking "who leaves town without any money for gas?" I felt they were lying and I have no problem walking away from them. I felt this guy's story was somewhat possible, but who knows. I still won't give money to the beggars at intersections though.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:30 AM   #29
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Ive seen a few things on the news covering professional panhandlers. One that sticks out was a guy in West Palm Beach banking 70-80k a year, tax free

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #30
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yancy View Post
I felt that he might be telling the truth. He might have also been lying. Either way, I can live with it. I've had others approach me and tell me they are from out of town and are trying to get home and are out of gas and I have told them no, thinking "who leaves town without any money for gas?" I felt they were lying and I have no problem walking away from them. I felt this guy's story was somewhat possible, but who knows. I still won't give money to the beggars at intersections though.
I agree, Tom. Sometimes you've got to trust your gut feeling (or heart). If I couldn't afford it I wouldn't do it but I've been fortunate and will take that chance at times on other people.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic

Old 06-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #31
iudelt89
United We Stang

Had a guy wander into my driveway while I was working on the car one afternoon. He said his car was towed and impounded and he had made some stupid decisions to get into this position. He was apparently living in his car. Said he was from the next town over and been walking around for 4 hours trying to find the towing company. Had cash in hand to get the car back which he showed me.

I knew the tow shop he needed to get to, it was about 15 miles away a couple towns over.

He seemed to be genuine so I gave him a ride. Ended up being a nice guy who was just down on his luck. He was very appreciative.

Anyway, that was my good deed for the weekend. Unfortunately, thats one of only a few experiences I've had that were positive.
Black Staggered FR500's, SSS Adrenaline Cat-Back, JBA o/r h-pipe, MGW Short Throw Shifter, H&R SS Springs, Bilstein HD's, MM Bumpsteer, MM CC Plates, Kenny Brown Extreme Subframe Matrix, FRPP Alum Driveshaft, 2000 Cobra R front brake kit, MM pan hard bar, MM LCA's, K&N FIPK Intake, Bama Tune, Shaker Diverter, FRPP 3.73s, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP diff cover, FRPP Traction-Lok diff, Kenny Brown Brake Ducts

'04 Black 5-Speed Mach 1, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
iudelt89 is offline   Reply With Quote