2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "Show" Discussions > Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons

Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons Found any cool accessories for your Mach 1? NON Performance add-ons.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
Mach1Ginni04

Xenon headlights Question

So I own a 04 mach 1 and im looking at xenons via xenonhids.com. my question is whats the Best wattage you guys feel is the best to use? Do you reallly need Warning Cancellers / Capacitors and Power Relay Harness / Anti-Flicker option as well?
ty
David
Mach1Ginni04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Mach828
Dark Knight

You should stick with the 35w. There really is no reason to get high/low beams as far as utilizing the high beams. I'm not familiar with that kit, but the high/low beam I put in my truck came with a thicker gauge wire, and powers straight off the battery, so both lights come on consistently with no flickering. The capacitors are useful depending on the kit because it reduces flickering and power problems when you initially turn the lights on.

Sent with a shot of DROID go fast

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
Mach1Ginni04

Re: Xenon headlights Question

ahh roger that. thank you sir
Old 08-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
not a gt

I got 55 W and Hi/Lo, (yea, I know)...anyway, I have the relay harness and no issues with flickering, and agree Hi beam isn't all that, I always run Lo, only got 55W due to smoked housings. Here is a thread I had going..

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=130928
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #5
Mach1Ginni04

I thought of ddm then i saw the site i posted on here. I dont have the smoked lens so 35w would prob be perfect. im gonna check out some of the links you posted. thanx for those recommendations dude
Old 08-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #6
not a gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Ginni04 View Post
I thought of ddm then i saw the site i posted on here. I dont have the smoked lens so 35w would prob be perfect. im gonna check out some of the links you posted. thanx for those recommendations dude
I got mine here...no issues so far except being bright lol, once you know how to aim them right they are great. Kit came complete and install was really easy. I have the ballast mounted on the back side of crash bar above foglights, no issues with water/moisture as well, used alot of dielectric grease

http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...ct/prod_id=664

35W Kit

http://retro-solutions.net/product-i...IT-pid667.html
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #7
vertigyn
Azure Blue Mach

This is one of the best sites out there for HID information and kits:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

I just bought a kit for my 4Runner from them - looking forward to the install.

another good one:
http://www.vleds.com/
Old 08-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
va2ir

I put in an HID system in my MACH 4 years ago. It was a 35 watt bi-xenon (hi-lo beam) system. To defeat the daytime running lights, I moved the handbrake switch, so the car thinks the handbrake is always on, thus the HIDs are not always on. Extra capacitors were not necessary. No issues on power-on or flickering. However, just recently the whole system stopped working. So, after checking connections etc, it seems that the relay in the "harness" was very very cheap and under-capacity, so I'm in the process of making my own harness. The ballasts and bulbs are fine. It was really a no brainer to install and makes a big difference. Good luck.
va2ir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #9
Italstang

Hello va2ir. Where did you get your hid set up. I never had the chance to see your Mach on the Mtl. roads.

Last edited by Italstang; 08-25-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Italstang is offline   Reply With Quote