2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted

Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted Looking for a Mustang or Part or have one for sale? Post it here!

Old 04-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
seanbo98

WTB Mach 1 Longblock

So sad news guys, at 163k miles I believe I've developed rod knock and probably need to go about sourcing a new engine. Trying to do this as economically as possible so not going to rebuild my engine for boost or anything like that. If anyone here happens to see anything around them locally or knows of any being sold outside of eBay which I keep an eye on I'd love to hear about it. Or if anyone has a less troublesome or expensive idea through a trusted machine shop in florida I'm open to that as qell. Really any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
seanbo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
32VALVR
Registered Mach Abuser

Re: WTB Mach 1 Longblock

Try this guy. Tell him I sent you. His name is Carlos.

racebronco2@yahoo.com

A while back he loaded up on Teksid blocks.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
seanbo98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VALVR View Post

racebronco2@yahoo.com

Great thanks, I'll look into that for sure. Appreciate it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2017, 01:46 AM   #4
seanbo98

Okay so he does have the teksid blocks which I'm still checking into but I'd definitely be interested in used engines or long blocks because it would save the hassle of finding a crank for the new block and balancing and all that

Old 04-07-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
311-420
Can't be bridled

Have you tried mps auto salvage to see what they've got?
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
seanbo98

Yes I'm looking into them, they have an awesome low mileage engine for 4000 currently which I'm very interested in, I just wanted to see if anyone happened to know of a lower priced one.

Old 04-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #7
01yellerCobra

What's your skill level and time frame? You might be able to get your current crank turned. Then freshen up the rest of the engine. The plus side is you know the history of your engine.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
seanbo98

No time frame I can do however long this takes. If my crank can be turned that would be perfect. My skill level is alright, I'm an ASE general mechanic but I don't have access to an engine lift or a good space to work. I'd be happen to freshen up the internals if my engine is alright but I'll need to figure out where to do it.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #9
Murder Snake

do a coyote swap.
formerly, Frankenstang

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom. Think about it.
"....be the lightning in me that strikes relentless."
"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"
Murder Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #10
seanbo98

The cost associated with a coyote swap appears to be double or triple that of a rebuild or used engine swap so that's not really in the cards, thank you for the idea though

Old 04-07-2017, 11:49 PM   #11
Murder Snake

if you watch carefully, you can get a pretty good deal on coyotes now, especially if you start with the truck motor, change the front cover and intake. get you to mustang specs. place locally uses the stock k member. so then all you need is the controller. not really all that bad now.
formerly, Frankenstang

Two defining forces died for you. Jesus Christ died for your soul. The American Soldier died for your freedom. Think about it.
"It's a lot easier to pacify a country when it's citizens can't shoot back" Gray Anderson, Mayor, "Jericho"
Old 04-08-2017, 12:04 AM   #12
seanbo98

Really? What shop is it that does it with the stock member? Where would you recommend looking for coyotes? Just eBay and Craigslist for wrecked gts? UPDATE: still looking into all the parts necessary for the swap seems unnecessarily expensive for my purposes, I think the best option is still sticking with the 4v 4.6

Old 04-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #13
01yellerCobra

He'd also need the control pack or lock the cams. Along with finding a cable controlled throttle body. Plus I'm pretty sure the truck motors have lower compression and different intake cams.

I'd stick with the current engine myself.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:54 AM   #14
seanbo98

Yeah even with the Ford racing control pack I also need a new fuel system, headers and midpipe and right there that's already about 4000 which I could by a very low mileage 4.6 engine, I'm looking for cost effective not absolute peak performance

Old 04-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #15
ricky bobby
mach everthing

what is a low milage motor ?
i have my stocker 13 000 miles. 27 000 kms
pulled out and in a shipping container.
needs valve covers and manifolds.
upgraded heads 9 thread.
also have full stock exhaust. minus tips
not cut up.
accufab throttle body
c and L true flow intake tube
bassani catted x pipe
slp lm1 (after dyno)
steeda full lenth sfc
kb jacking rails matrix brace
steeda front back strut braces
** Update coming soon **
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:13 PM   #16
Vndcatr
SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VALVR View Post

racebronco2@yahoo.com

this guy ripped me off on SVTP , sold me a set of heads that i put on the shelf while i was doing my build. well 7 months later when i was done dumping money in the shortblock and collecting parts i finally looked at the heads (my fault i guess) only to find out they were useless and the machine shop confirmed it.. It was an expensive mistake and he turned it around on me like i was the ****in bad guy saying i tampered with them or sabotaged them( like i would do that LOL)

I almost parted out my entire build and said **** it because i was so disgusted.. guys like that are pieces of **** IMO.. He obviously had to know about it selling a set of heads that so pitted and warped , **** they even were different castings lol not even matching and all the parts in the head were so frozen and rusted from improperly cleaning and lubing them i had to replace everything.

The RACEBRONCO guy, I bought his normal sale on EBAY that says like 7 day return policy i guess. It was way past the return policy, i was super nice about it at first but then he stuck his online svtp posse on me and it was pointless after that. I sure wish he was local, woulda went down different

lol just venting ..hope no one else has any bad deals with him. Needless to say the last used part i bought was because of him.
01 cobra Heads - tastefully modded
Roys ported/polished Intake
Kooks longtubes, Magnaflow catback
D&D T3650, Mgw shifted
FTB Goodies, 4.30s, FRPP diff cover, 31 splined IRS
04 cobra interior , black termy seats, Speedhut gauges
Tubular K, MM coilovers/ Koni SA yellows
Starkweather tuned, 24* timing on 91 octane
11.7 @ 117mph 1.62 60ft. Raceweight 3200lbs

Next up:Sullivan intake and hat, self tuning..
Vndcatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:53 PM   #17
Murder Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbo98 View Post
Really? What shop is it that does it with the stock member? Where would you recommend looking for coyotes? Just eBay and Craigslist for wrecked gts? UPDATE: still looking into all the parts necessary for the swap seems unnecessarily expensive for my purposes, I think the best option is still sticking with the 4v 4.6

shop is in Tampa. if you want more info. let me know.
formerly, Frankenstang

Old 04-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #18
Murder Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01yellerCobra View Post
He'd also need the control pack or lock the cams. Along with finding a cable controlled throttle body. Plus I'm pretty sure the truck motors have lower compression and different intake cams.

I'd stick with the current engine myself.
I mentioned the controller and to do the pedal swap not a big deal. they hook up all your oem gauges and everything looks like it is factory installed. a lot of people doing it and using truck motors with good results.
formerly, Frankenstang

Old 04-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #19
seanbo98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vndcatr View Post
this guy ripped me off on SVTP , sold me a set of heads that i put on the shelf while i was doing my build. well 7 months later when i was done dumping money in the shortblock and collecting parts i finally looked at the heads (my fault i guess) only to find out they were useless and the machine shop confirmed it.. It was an expensive mistake and he turned it around on me like i was the ****in bad guy saying i tampered with them or sabotaged them( like i would do that LOL)

I almost parted out my entire build and said **** it because i was so disgusted.. guys like that are pieces of **** IMO.. He obviously had to know about it selling a set of heads that so pitted and warped , **** they even were different castings lol not even matching and all the parts in the head were so frozen and rusted from improperly cleaning and lubing them i had to replace everything.

The RACEBRONCO guy, I bought his normal sale on EBAY that says like 7 day return policy i guess. It was way past the return policy, i was super nice about it at first but then he stuck his online svtp posse on me and it was pointless after that. I sure wish he was local, woulda went down different

lol just venting ..hope no one else has any bad deals with him. Needless to say the last used part i bought was because of him.
I really appreciate you throwing it out there, I will probably avoid him as well since I'm too far away to really check out the blocks. Thanks again for the help

Old 04-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #20
67bigblock

Quote:
Yes I'm looking into them, they have an awesome low mileage engine for 4000 currently which I'm very interested in, I just wanted to see if anyone happened to know of a lower priced one.

Aren't longblocks like 3k?
04 F250 Harley Edition Orange/Black
04 F350 Harley Edition Black/Black
67bigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #21
seanbo98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67bigblock View Post
Aren't longblocks like 3k?
I haven't been able to find any that low so far without nearly a hundred thousand miles unfortunately.

Old 04-30-2017, 04:09 AM   #22
rowekmr

Also I believe the Aviator is the same engine for a direct swap but someone with more knowledge can chime in. I sent an email if you looking at getting a wreck from the auctions (cheaper than buying from parts salvager)

Quote:
So sad news guys, at 163k miles I believe I've developed rod knock and probably need to go about sourcing a new engine. Trying to do this as economically as possible so not going to rebuild my engine for boost or anything like that. If anyone here happens to see anything around them locally or knows of any being sold outside of eBay which I keep an eye on I'd love to hear about it. Or if anyone has a less troublesome or expensive idea through a trusted machine shop in florida I'm open to that as qell. Really any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
rowekmr is offline   Reply With Quote