2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results

Tuning & Dyno Testing/Results Questions, experiences & results for electronic tuning and dyno tests

Old 07-17-2015, 07:06 PM   #176
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Bump!

So I finally figured out my stft issue. I learned that there is an additional parameter to closed loop fueling. The closed loop bias tables. What these tables essentially do it tell the ecu that a discrepancy from lamba on the 02 sensor reading is normal and not to adjust fueling so much. I checked the stock bias tables and they were all over the place. Which may be fine for a stock car from the factory, but with 10+ years of wear and so many mods this data is likely not accurate anymore.

What I did was zero them out to start. Immediately I noticed steady stft, where before they would swing all over. I checked my stft, and adjusted the "lazy" bank so that the ecu would accept the variance and not change the fueling so drastically. To some extent this may be limiting their ability to adjust fueling, but they should only be making minor adjustments anyways if the tune is solid. Pretty excited!

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #177
Mach828
Dark Knight

Getting ready to start tuning my first ecoboost.

Picked up a 2014 Fusion Titanium as my DD. Axleback and K&N filter are my only mods so far.

Anyone have advice regarding the new ecoboost engines? Or direct injection and speed density systems in general?

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #178
01yellerCobra

There's no maf in that car?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #179
Mach828
Dark Knight

No maf just an air temp sensor in the airbox and then the map sensor. Curious to see the tables in advantage once my order goes through. Hope the timing tables aren't as complex as the new coyotes. Its also a dohc with variable cam timing.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 AM   #180
lcaptmorg

Best of luck. I hear the timing tables and fueling tables are many with tons of modifiers. Will be a slow but fun process. Those cars definitely pick up some great power with a good tune. Let us know how it goes.
lcaptmorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #181
Mach828
Dark Knight

So far the most challenging part is linking all of the calculations together.

I think they way it works is you request a certain torque output based on rpm and throttle position. That is then modified based what load is required to produce the desired torque. It then checks to see if it is capable of producing that load at that rpm. It then adjusts the torque requested based on the requested turbo inlet pressure you want the car to run at different calculated air flow volumes.

Once you've gotten all those things linked, then there are mechanical limits on the transmission, engine, and turbo that are based on load, torque, and turbo inlet pressure.

Once you have that whole equation flowing smoothly, you finally get the car to run how you want. I think it will get extremely complex once you start switching turbos because the flow data of the turbo is integrated with the torque calculation. It has tables for surge characteristics, wastegate duty cycle, max turbo airflow based on volume and pressure, and pressure ratios between the inlet and outlet.

Old 08-04-2016, 03:32 AM   #182
Mach828
Dark Knight

Bump for any new tuners

Old 06-01-2019, 07:42 PM   #183
machdude

Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Anybody on this thread still on the forum? I just got the advantage software and the Lasota book. I got the free tune from Lasota but I bought a new maf after the fact so I need to redo my maf transfer, my numbers go above the max 63 number at the top end of the voltage and I’m wondering what the best way would be to apply those numbers.

I read the work around where you cut your numbers in half and double your bp’s 1-2 but is that really it?

Ps thanks for the info, I’ve read the whole thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: K&N drop filter, Full Mac exhaust with Lt headers, 4:10 gears, eibach sport line springs, tubular cross member, steeda short throw
machdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:26 AM   #184
machdude

Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Update in case anyone comes across this thread. I ended up calling Lasota racing and asking Don himself how I should apply my maf transfer and he told me to use the value file in the sct software for the BA5000 since I have a slot style maf now and in doing so the software itself will do the necessary scaling (which I thought I had to do manually according to the book) he also mentioned that the maf transfer value file should always be loaded last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: K&N drop filter, Full Mac exhaust with Lt headers, 4:10 gears, eibach sport line springs, tubular cross member, steeda short throw
machdude is offline   Reply With Quote