2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 11-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #51
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: Radiator fan help..electrical aspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by not a gt View Post
I forgot to post before that the file isnt shared, we have to request permission to see it. Whats going on?

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #52
not a gt

Sorry, my computer skills suck..also with car jacked up, not sure if it is a freeze plug, been noticing my intercooler tank keeps getting low, think leaking intercooler somewhere as well or only...gonna try and put some red food coloring in and see at the back what color leak is since radiator wise I have done 10 water only flushes after 2 quarts Ford iron block flush and bottle of simple green...my friend Mr No Luck just loves visiting my barn

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pvG...w?usp=drivesdk
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
not a gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:08 AM   #53
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

the intercooler could be cracked or I've also seen people talk about it leaking at the o-rings where the lines go to the intercooler core itself. Id definitely check on it though, you dont want the lower intake to fill up to the point you end up with water in the cylinders

I bought Mityvac MV4560 Radiator/Cooling System and Pressure Test Kit on Amazon for like $45. Ive been using that to test my cooling systems. I'll be honest its kind of a pain in the *** to sit there and squeeze that handle a million times to get up to 15psi but it does work. When I was looking a couple years ago all the better options were a lot more money.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:40 AM   #54
not a gt

Thanks DSG, don't think going into lower intake, no white smoke, no stumbling, car idles perfect. I ordered one off amazon, it was $80, it's a cooling system refiller/vacuum kit that uses shop air I think will work, also thougt about taking hose off the ic tank and shooting low pressure air in the hose to see if it blows fluid where the leak is, I have a metal non stock ic tank so Oem cap won't work. Also thought abut food coloring in tank and catching fluid as it leaks...this is all assuming not a coolant leak..I will update after some more troubleshooting, thanks again.
2.3L Whipple,3.37 Upper,4 lb.lower, ID 1000 injectors,LCD cooling mod,Billetflow idlers,200A Alt,oil cooler delete with MMR adapter plate,MM oil filter kit,FrozenBoost Heat Exchanger Flowtech L.T., Maganaflow O/R X with Magnapacks, FRRP D.S.,T-56 with 26 spline input shaft and anti venom mod with reverse lockout box, FR steel flywheel,Spec Stage 3+,Moser 31 spline axles,FR 3.73 gear
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #55
not a gt

My idea worked !!Car is jacked up in front, drained IC tank and filled with water and 2 bottles red food coloring. I ran the car and put a white towel under bellhousing..came out next day and bright red spot was there...so not a coolant leak. Gonna order the IC manifold o rings..do I need a gasket as well? How hard a job is it to change those o-rings??? Also got in the 170 Stant T stat from Joe on SVT, instead of a hole has a notch that you install at 12:00. Thanks.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 11-26-2018, 03:31 PM   #56
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

I can't think of what you need a gasket for on the intercooler o-rings. I only glanced through those threads in the past but Im pretty sure you dont even have to pull the intercooler/intake assembly out of the car. The Whipple might be in the way but thats the only thing I can think of.

Glad you finally figured out where it was coming from

Old 11-26-2018, 03:39 PM   #57
not a gt

Gasket is a just in case, it is for manifold, takes 4 o rings and I think if I go from bottom and remove pulley bridge can access lines going to intercooler. Got to put your Term hat on for this one lol. Oh, you can see difference in the Stant T stat.
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 03-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #58
not a gt

Hello friends...yes I am still alive and yes after 2 + years STILL chasing my overheat at highway speeds overheat issue. After changing ALL coolant components down to clamps, still was happening. Long story short found short lower rad hose was kinked in half, fixed that ( was due to t stat housing being in a position to kink hose since it was pushed out due to remote oil cooler lines in the way) Anyho, got it fixed, system burped, went for first test ride in 3 years, car ran perfect, temp never went over 181 ( as part of heat issue, lo speed fan on at 176, high 181). Today, went out for an hour, highway and traffic, car stayed at 179, even stopped for 15 minutes idling car stayed at 176. Out of nowhere on way home, temp started climbing, got home was 230 and fan was off. I hooked up handheld and when I reloaded tune, fan came on. With car running, turned on AC, no fan. I let the car cool to 170, started her up, at 176 lo speed came on, I turned on AC and high speed came on. Car stayed at 181 for about 15-20 minutes and out of nowhere fan cut off, temp started climbing and at 203 I shut it off.So in summary, when car is cool and started, fan will work correctly, but at a certain point just shuts off and will not work again till car cools down.Do you think resistor or fan motor overheating? Fan installed 2017 and says made in freakin Thailand. Opinions or ideas? I was so excited to be letdown AGAIN and yes for you old members, my bad luck is still around. Sorry away so long, life, cancer, retirement, you know the drill, but I'm back lol.Thanks
Tuned by B.Kurgan
601Hp/558/Tq
Old 03-31-2021, 12:54 PM   #59
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

I won't pretend to know what's going on with your setup since I'm not familiar with the newedge cooling fan setups. I will say that I'm happy you're back man! I know someone will have the answer in the group.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote