2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "Show" Discussions > Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons

Accessories - Non Performance type add-ons Found any cool accessories for your Mach 1? NON Performance add-ons.

Old 06-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
03stangmach1

Car covers

I'm getting my Mach re painted so I'd like to invest in a nice weather tight car cover for it. A lot of people are saying California Covers but I just can't see myself spending $500+ on a cover, seems quite outrageous. Any other suggestions on other brands that are just as good and maybe half the money?? Thanks in advance!!!
03stangmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #2
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: Car covers

Covercraft has a variety of covres available and I believe they still can offer Ford brand logos as well. But they are also going to offer both general fit as well as custom fit covers (get custom fit). there are also going to be various materials available. You want something that fits your need as well as your car, dependent on whether the car is stored inside or outside. How weather resistant (none are totally waterproof) you want. I strongly recommend against the Weathershield line, it's very weather resistant, but billows like a parachute in the slightest wind, which will buffet the paint. Also give the paint time to cure before covering it. The Noah material and Evolution4 materials are good heavy outside covers while providing reasonable water resistant properties. What water does make it through is well filtered and then that moisture will breath out without harming the paint.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

I have a Covercraft Noah, and it works and fits very well.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...r-cover.C-CCNH
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
HAEG
Heppasketties

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDraper View Post
I have a Covercraft Noah, and it works and fits very well.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...r-cover.C-CCNH
I second the covercraft Noah covers. Had one for my Mach 1 for years. Sold the car handed the cover to a friend who just threw it away after at least 13 years of service... So I bought another one when I bought my Mach 1 back.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #5
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Covercraft is the best for the money you can buy.
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #6
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

I have a Covercraft Dustop that I bought from a member on here. It is nice and soft. It's pretty thick too and seems like it would help protect the paint. It fits very well, including mirrors in pockets. Only bad thing is it's indoor only.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...OLORID=TS|CCDP

My prior cover was a Covercraft Block-it 380. It was not soft at all and I have the scratches on the roof to prove it LOL. This was mainly due to the previous owner and how they put it on. They did not make sure the car was clean and that the cover was clean as well. Not good for any car cover usage.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
My prior cover was a Covercraft Block-it 380. It was not soft at all and I have the scratches on the roof to prove it LOL. This was mainly due to the previous owner and how they put it on. They did not make sure the car was clean and that the cover was clean as well. Not good for any car cover usage.
And don't drag it across the car. I see people do it all the time and blame their cover for scratches, where they are actually dragging the weight of the cover over the car, dragging dirt and dust between the two and making nice, fine, scratches at the same time.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote