2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

December 7...let us not forget

No, I wasn't born yet, but I know many who were. I know some who served, and their number are dwindling.
There are other days we remember, and shame on us if we don't. The what, the when, the where. For some it is the day Kennedy died, for some it is the day the Challenger exploded, the day Columbia never came home.
Then there are those other days. The numbers representing the dates are all we need to say everything that needs to be said. 9/11 is one.
But Dec. 7th is that one date that brought a country not to its knees, but to its feet.
Let us never forget what happened or who answered the call. Let us never forget that the world changed, and not just for a day. For those who sacrificed, we thank you. For those who continue to do so, we thank you. We are free because of you.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
MachGirl04

Re: December 7...let us not forget

Brought the country to its feet, very well said. It really saddens me that their numbers are dwindling, an outstanding group of guys. Bless them all.
18" Wheel Replica Magnum 500s, BFG KDWs, Borla Catback, K&N FIPKII, & too much bling to list
1994 T-Bird LX, V8, Black
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, Vert, 7-Up Special
2004 Mustang Coupe, V6, Torch Red
( That's all for now. )
MachGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #3
dlandry427
Charles U. Farley

Very well said!
dlandry427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
No, I wasn't born yet, but I know many who were. I know some who served, and their number are dwindling.
There are other days we remember, and shame on us if we don't. The what, the when, the where. For some it is the day Kennedy died, for some it is the day the Challenger exploded, the day Columbia never came home.
Then there are those other days. The numbers representing the dates are all we need to say everything that needs to be said. 9/11 is one.
But Dec. 7th is that one date that brought a country not to its knees, but to its feet.
Let us never forget what happened or who answered the call. Let us never forget that the world changed, and not just for a day. For those who sacrificed, we thank you. For those who continue to do so, we thank you. We are free because of you.
As shocking as this may sound, this country forgot all about December 7, 1941 a long time ago. Along with the names of some tiny little islands like Iwo Jima, Tarawa, and Midway. If they had been remembered, Toyota wouldn't now be closing in on becoming the largest automobile company in the world. Our homes wouldn't have television sets with Sony branded on them, and our children and grandchildren wouldn't be playing with something called Nintendo! The Japanese have done to us economically, what the couldn't do militarilly sixty-six years ago. They have bought our country right out from under us. Am I bitter about it? You better believe it! All those brave men who shed their blood on little Pacific Islands so that the Japanese Empire would not take over the western world, basically died for nothing! Japan owns us, plain and simple.
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
blazinsteed
MUSTANG ADDICT

So I take it you blame me for the holocaust in Germany too because I am a duel citizen. Sorry dude, although I agree with you about foreign countries in our economies (china is worse). I don't agree with the tie in. The Japanese didn't know what they do now. They were from a different culture and we were starving them for oil. Try reading all the facts before making an of yourself. Have you every served, my whole family has to include on both sides of WW2. Good bless thoughs that died on the beaches and in their bunks that day. I think its funny that the actual verterans on both sides are more cordial than some individuals in this country. Sorry dude your entitled to your opinion, but I am also free to tell you your grossly misinformed and ignorant.

Roger
03 zinc yellow mach 1
292 rwh 318.2 rwt (XPIPE/XCAL2)
iup/astra louvers/short ant./k&nfipk/bassani offroad x/sct xcal 2/powdercoated wheels/interior dressup/15% tint..
1 of 869
born 06/13/03 (thanks donna)
that is a friday the 13th should I be
worried
www.perfectionperformance.com (my clubs website)
blazinsteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
TJ4Cam
Supercharger Heaven!

Well since we rebuilt the country(basically) after the war, its our own fault for their economic impact to the world. In the late 1960's my father was a design engineeer, he built machines basically, big ones! Well they would go to trade type shows in the major cities in the US. He said the Japs were there in droves, taking pictures of every possible angle and part of the machines that WE designed and built! We gave them the technology, and or they reversed engineered all the stuff we already were doing.....we as a country let it happen. And I agree its a dam shame, esp when you see where we are today. End rant.
2003 Jack Roush Classic Stg 3 #34 of 46 Built!
Zinc Yellow (the only one)
Roush Serial # 7425
Built 1/13/03

1985 Canyon Red SVO- My 1st Stang, sold
MCA 56545
TJ4Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
G
Undocumented Member

I have yet another reason to never forget, it's my Mom's birthday!!!

My Mom is Pearl Harbor Day and my wife was born on 6 Jun which is D Day. She was not born in 44 and my Mom won't born in 41 but it still reminds me every year that I can't forget those days.

This day in 1941 changed the World forever.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
JohnHow11

You know I hear a lot of american's complaining about the current state of their economy just want to mention there is a good side to everything.

There are places in Canada where the economy is out of control, where people who get an education and go to school will NEVER make as much money as high school kids who simply go work in the oil fields.

Not to mention the fact of how hard it is to buy your first home in canada 400k+.....

Economy is a big cycle mainly driven by your country..... your economy will bounce back.....

Question is..... Can i pleaaaaase move to the states and buy a nice place for 300k I cant even buy a 500 sq ft apartment in vancouver for that much
JohnHow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachGirl04 View Post
Brought the country to its feet, very well said. It really saddens me that their numbers are dwindling, an outstanding group of guys. Bless them all.
Excellent point Angela. Be sure to thank a veteran today, because he might not be here tomorrow! We are SO not worthy.

As for the Japanese, they were indoctrinated as children that we were the devil and that was what drove them to fight so ferociously (death was better than the alternative). Hmmm, sounds familiar to what we're experiencing in the Middle East right now. Like blazinsteed said, read a little history. After the war, they realized how wrong their perception of us was and believe it or not they are one of our best allies. Explain to me why baseball is their national past time now otherwise? Forgiveness is the recipe for peace which us Americans have always embraced...heck, it was MacArthur that fought to keep the Emperor in place as he felt it was the best way to maintain the peace and stability and the Japanese loved him (and America in return) for it.

On the other hand, don't ask China what they think of Japan because they still haven't forgiven them for Manchuria and the unadulterated massacres that occured back in the 1930s. There has always been bad blood between them and probably always will....

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #10
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Seeing afew of the memorial areas around Pearl Harbor is pretty sobering. I went over to the Arizona Memorial where they have the site built right on top of where the Arizona lays sunk below it. The names of all the fallen are on a wall. I took afew pics of the oil that still leaks up from the ship. In another area they have the names of all the fallen of the other branches of the services fromm WW2 on really massive walls. Like the President said, it will live in Inphamy.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
Phil
Nitrous Junkie

I will never forget this date! The Japs learned (and so did the world) what happens when you attack our soil. Since then, no other country has ever used their military, to attack us.

I'm not talking about the puzzy 911 terrorist attacks, but then look at what's going on in in Iraq/Afhganistan. If not your military, but a few that attack us!
WE ARE GOING TO GET YOU!

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #12
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

In his National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day proclamation, President George W. Bush wrote, "When it mattered most, an entire generation of Americans stepped forward to protect our freedom and to defend liberty. Their devotion to duty and willingness to serve a cause greater than self helped secure our future and our way of life."

My dad was one of General Macarthur's staff officers in the occupation of Japan. My mom,brother and I were there from 1949-1950 until my mom's dad passed away in the states and we were all sent back for the funeral.

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #13
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

WWII veterans are presently passing away at a rate of 1,000 per day. I find that to be a pretty mind blowing statistic. They should be appreciated as the national treasure that they are. They saved the world from tyranny and we all owe them an unpayable debt.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #14
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
WWII veterans are presently passing away at a rate of 1,000 per day. I find that to be a pretty mind blowing statistic. They should be appreciated as the national treasure that they are. They saved the world from tyranny and we all owe them an unpayable debt.
Very well put gbranton.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

The thing we can all do, and I've found this out by meeting and talking to customers of mine who were WWII vets, is to simply know that they are still appreciated. For them to know that there are those who remember and appreciate them is something I really don't think they believe they will ever hear from someone off the street. To hear their stories and see the memories unfold in their eyes is beyond belief. It often brings tears to their eyes to this day, not the pain and the loss they experienced, but to know that someone is still interested in their story.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #16
machths
Mach 1 Member

I'm out here at Port Hueneme for "A" school and I was quite surprised at how low key the remembrance was. I was expecting a speech from someone that would make us ooh-rah gung ho, or misty-eyed, but we got neither. I've talked to a few WWII veterans over the years, and I've got to tell you, I've treasured every word they said to me and I'll always look forward to meeting more. Too bad that's going to be harder and harder to do as the years pass.

I salute each and every one of them.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
machths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
32VALVR
Registered Mach Abuser

Its hard to believe a year has gone by since we last had this thread. Dec. 7 always reminds me of my Father [RIP], he flew P38 lightnings in that war and my uncle stormed the beach @Normandy also [RIP]. No they both survived WWII and went on to excell each in his own right
It would stagger todays youth if they knew the amount of deaths that war produced on a daily basis. Hats of to all vets of WWII!!
Old 12-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #18
Mach351
Psycho Dog is Psycho

There are actually quite a few Pearl Harbor Day threads on this site; this one seems to be one of the older ones.
I'm resurrecting it, just because...
Mach351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:14 PM   #19
wigsite

I was in Hawaii this summer and visited Pearl Harbor. I also took my son to the National Cemetery in Honolulu. There are over 29,000 names of those who died or went missing in Pacific Theatre battles engraved in granite walls. The quote on this statue is a fitting and well deserved tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Attached Thumbnails
Natl Memorial.jpg  
Dyno tuned by CRT Performance
Pro 5.0 Power Tower shifter
best 1/4 12.62 @ 108.05 mph
313 RWHP..330 TQ
wigsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:55 PM   #20
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Thank you for bringing this back to the forefront. It's a day that should never be forgotten, nor should the people who passed away on this day, nor those who served after to keep our land free as well as the rest of the free world.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 12-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #21
03BumbleBee

Respect,Honor,Pride!

Welcome to the Mach 1 Cafe!
"Today's Special..Smoked Honda"
Finally a member of 10,000 mile club!
03BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #22
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

Just watched the original Tora Tora, Tora movie, much better in my opinion than the subsequent Pearl Harbour movie. I was reminded that the American aircraft carriers were at sea on Dec 7th, otherwise wouldn't have been a victory at Midway and likely a much longer war or different outcome. No winners in war, but I am grateful the allies won or likely none of us on this site would be here. Been to the Arizona memorial 3 times.
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #23
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

We can not forget this day of our history.

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #24
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

No, we cannot. I can't imagine the lack of interest or knowledge in those under 30 about this important day. We must teach them the what and why of its importance.

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 12-07-2020, 11:19 PM   #25
jbrad88
Original Owner

The Japanese war effort shaped my family. Invasion of the Philippines saw my Grandparents and my Father (who were living in Manila at the time), taken prisoner and held as such until MacArthur and the Cav liberated them. It was this experience and subsequent loss of my Grandfather 8 days after liberation, that drove my father to pursue his calling as an Officer in the US Army. West Point Class of 1958. Met Mom while there...etc...

The war in the pacific, Starting officially with this day was the beginning of my immediate family history.

This day will never be forgotten here..Nor by my kids or anyone else within ear shot...

03 Torch Red Mach 1
21 FJG Mach 1

Stainless Steel Systems Adrenaline Series
BBK long tube headers catted x pipe
18x9 18x10- Solid Gloss Black FR5's
Nitto 555 g2 275/35r18's 285/35r18
MGW Shifter With Mach1 Shift Knob
4.10's & 31 spline Mosers and 31 Spline Posi
Steeda Sport Springs Tokiko Illuminas
J@M weight Jacker LCA's
J@M Rear UCA's
J@M Braided steel brake lines