2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #51
Wldponi03
Mach and Roll

Re: Yet another mach 1 is gone...

OH my I just read this, glad you are OK. Hope you can find another Mach soon!!
Auto (Its heck to get old)
Supporting Member
Sold My Mach

Blue Azure Mach1 IUP
5SPD
Vin# 426872
Build Date 5-14-03
Bought 6-6-03
Hood Blacked Out
Honeycomb Trim Panel
Stars & Stripe Grill Pony
Flowmasters & MRT H-Pipe
Billet Fuel Door w/Mach Logo
Street Smart CAI
Member of MCA and Mustang Club of Greater MT. Clemens
Wldponi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:11 AM   #52
Naa-V-Doc

Hello,

There is a AB Mach at a local (get this) Chevy Dealership... Would you like for me to visit them and see what the condition, options and price is...
The main thing is that you are ok.

Naa-V-Doc

Last edited by Naa-V-Doc; 06-14-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: wrong word used
Naa-V-Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #53
Nekasrof
Hillclimb Extraodinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure03 View Post
I was driving down the road around 50mph or so and a cat was chasing something onto the highway coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. I hate hiting animals because of the mess they leave on your car, plus I lke most animals. Anyways, I turned the wheel to the left just a little to make sure I would avoid the animal if it did decide to run out onto the highway, next thiing I know I went off the left side of the road and wrecked, kinda felt like I turned the wheel to the left as hard as I could around 50 or so mph. I will post another picture in just a minute of the pole I hit. Thanks.
I won't swerve to avoid anything. I'll hit the brakes, maybe, but if I hit it, I hit it. That cat, dead and bleeding on your car would have been a lot better than a destroyed Mach. No, I'm not blaming you. I did a similar thing when i was 19. I had a '70 mustang coupe. 351C in it. Being an idiot, I was racin down a street in Norristown, cars lining both sides. Me and a Cougar. Out comes a cat. I love cats, have had many and still have 1. So I HIT the brakes, slide all over the place and thankfully didn't hit anything. Absolute miracle. Saw my life and my girlfriend's life(my wife now of 22+ years, 9 months, 1 day) flash before my eyes!
First of all, no racing in town of any sort. Second, I don't swerve for anything anymore. Third, I have come home on occasion with blood on the wheels or bumper or hair stuck to the exhaust and brought my wife out to show her my handy work. Her reaction: "GROSS!" or "DISGUSTING!".

I've hit 2 deer, a jack rabbit, and countless squirrels with my Mach. Both deer, I was HARD on the brakes and wound up tapping 1 and the other took a trip around the front tire, inside the wheel well. 1 got away, 1 didn't.
Last weekend, I was racing with the PHA. The guy at the start line comes up and tells me that there are reports of turkeys on the course between turns 3 and 4. I told him they'll be dead. His response? "I recommend running them over." Lucky for them, they weren't there when I got there.

Still a damned shame about that car though. I hope you can get a replacement. Good luck with it!

Motor + Procharger + driver = Baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
Mustang dyno: 538hp/481tq @ 14lbs/19deg timing
DynoJet comparison: 600hp/539tq

Looking for more hillclimbers!
Nekasrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #54
torched_04_mach

Sounds like the shop may not have got your lugs tightened and one of your wheels was trying to come off to me.
torched_04_mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #55
MCHNROL
original owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by torched_04_mach View Post
Sounds like the shop may not have got your lugs tightened and one of your wheels was trying to come off to me.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. Something seems fishy by the circumstances.
Built 5/23 Bought 10/9/03 AFS:17x9&10.5rims, MRT:PRO-M MAF, Street Smart CAI, MagnaFlowH&catbackw/Mach tips, Hood struts, FRPP:REM 4.10 w/31-sp Mosers, Alum flywheel&driveshaft, PHP:spacer, Steeda:Tri-ax, UCA,strut towerbrace, HPM:Megabitejr.LCA,subframes, T/A:Girdle, Raptor:shiftlite, SLP:linelock, UPR:Quad&Adj NGK TR55IX CDC:floormats, honeycombtail&sequentials, gaugerings, Grippermat, ShakrAirDiverter, Bullittfueldoor, SilverStripes, BuildIDplates, Tint@35%, cats 298rwhp/318tq FUN!
MCHNROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #56
DannyStyle22

Quote:
Originally Posted by torched_04_mach View Post
thinking the same thing here as well... I know my techs have done it before just not as severe of a wreck thank god!
DannyStyle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #57
Nekasrof
Hillclimb Extraodinaire

Unless the lug nuts on the passenger side are really loose, the ones on the driver's side look pretty tight to me. That front wheel is in the right position relative to the caliper. And you'd have one hell of a vibration from loose lug nuts. You would think your car was vibrating apart at 50mph. I am more apt to believe the tie rod or ball joint failed. Or, you turned the wheel and hit the brakes harder than you thought. That would certainly make your car spin. Anti-locks or not, your car will spin.

Did you happen to get a picture of the skid marks on the street? They would have quite a story to tell.

Motor + Procharger + driver = Baddest hillclimbing Mach 1 in the country
Mustang dyno: 538hp/481tq @ 14lbs/19deg timing
DynoJet comparison: 600hp/539tq

Looking for more hillclimbers!
Nekasrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:38 PM   #58
GundamVader
03 Mach 1 owner

glad to hear you're all right. i had a similar experience with my old cadillac de ville. the car was setup for hopping and it was about maybe 3 or 4 months after my dad and i had purchased it. just had new shocks installed in the rear, and as we're driving home with my dad driving hes noticing a vibration from the right side. we stopped first to make sure there wasnt anything jammed in there, but didnt see anything. we decide to take it slow to be safe and nurse it back home, sure enough something happens, the car suddenly pulls to the right, my dad slams on the break, and we came to a stop with the wheel just bumping the curb ever so slightly. this was like 5 or so years ago, but a cotter pin keeping the tie rod together had broken which caused the nut to back off. so the arm dropped, luckily the nut wasn't too far away from where the car stopped, sow as able to put it on, and use a key chain ring to at least hold it in place till we got home which was just up the street. but not a fun experience with a fire hydrant about 15 feet in front of us and a tree just 5 feet behind us...
GundamVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #59
Azure03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekasrof View Post
Unless the lug nuts on the passenger side are really loose, the ones on the driver's side look pretty tight to me. That front wheel is in the right position relative to the caliper. And you'd have one hell of a vibration from loose lug nuts. You would think your car was vibrating apart at 50mph. I am more apt to believe the tie rod or ball joint failed. Or, you turned the wheel and hit the brakes harder than you thought. That would certainly make your car spin. Anti-locks or not, your car will spin.

Did you happen to get a picture of the skid marks on the street? They would have quite a story to tell.
There were no skid marks anywhere to be found on the street. I never would have thought to go back and look but the oshp made sure I knew there were no skid marks at the scene of the accident.
Flowmaster American Thunder catback
mac o/r prochamber
4.10 gear
Coming Soon....
LaSota Racing Tune
MGW Shifter
Azure03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #60
starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbandit99 View Post
Kelly Blue book is not an accurate method of vehicle valuation. GEICO used CCC pathways to determine the actual cash value. Do your homework and find as many comparable for sale adds that you can find within about 100 miles from your address also check the NADA retail value on nada.com. The CCC may come out fair or the clerks at CCC may have GT's mixed in the comparable data base and this could lower the valuation.

Good luck
This is the best advice to follow. Find comparables. I totalled a 2000 GT and had Geico, and what they wanted to give me was $2000 lower than local comparables. Basically they have to give you enough money so that you could walk to any dealer and get a replacement Mach, same year and mileage. With wax included! I fought with them over my lowball offer, they didn't want to pay at first, but one call to the Attorney General's office fixed that. Took a little longer to get my check but it was worth it in the end.
#336506 Azure Blue 5-Speed w/IUP
266.9 RWHP / 288.2 RWTQ SAE corrected @500 miles bone stock
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #61
Azure03

I still have not heard from anyone from Geico and the accident was on the 10. So tomorrow will be the sixth day. Is there any sense in getting legal advice if i it free? I called and talked to someone at Geico today and they pretty much lost and confused me. One thing he did say is that when they take the car they destroy it, I thought that is were junk and salvage lots got there vehicles from? Also, I asked about all my money spent on mods and I guess anytime you put money in your car you have to call the ins company and report it so they can charge you more money and cover it I guess. I don't know. This is my first accident and I feel like am going to get robbed. I hope not.
mac o/r prochamber
4.10 gear
Coming Soon....
LaSota Racing Tune
MGW Shifter
Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #62
starscream

Quote:
I still have not heard from anyone from Geico and the accident was on the 10. So tomorrow will be the sixth day. Is there any sense in getting legal advice if i it free? I called and talked to someone at Geico today and they pretty much lost and confused me. One thing he did say is that when they take the car they destroy it, I thought that is were junk and salvage lots got there vehicles from? Also, I asked about all my money spent on mods and I guess anytime you put money in your car you have to call the ins company and report it so they can charge you more money and cover it I guess. I don't know. This is my first accident and I feel like am going to get robbed. I hope not.
They don't destroy it, I don't know why they told you that. I prodded the option of buying my wreck for salvage myself, and after a little initial resistence they said they would do it, but the cost was too much. You can't ever drive it on the road again, it will be a salvage title only. If they still sell bodies-in-white you could transfer stuff over and have a track car, but again, the cost...
#336506 Azure Blue 5-Speed w/IUP
266.9 RWHP / 288.2 RWTQ SAE corrected @500 miles bone stock
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #63
Machy uno

Quote:
They will try to tell you those things hoping you just accept it. Here in TX I know for a fact thats not the law, although they tried telling me it is. Check your local laws. From what I understand you don't have to report mods until you hit a certain $ amount, usually upwords of 5k. After that amount they won't cover any unless you reptort it(so they can charge you for it) BUT there is a $ amount they cover without increasing your monthly premium..... I had a similar experience with my aftermarket stereo when it was stolen. It wasn't "stock" so their response was "we don't have to cover it" NOT TRUE. I would talk to your free legal source you mentioned. DON'T JUST ACCPET WHAT THEY OFFER, you'll have to fight to get what's owed to you when dealing with insurenece companies, but it is possible.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #64
Azure03

I wonder if they will let me buy the motor and tranny(which I don't know if I would need) only? I am moving soon, and will be getting a dd. The house has a garage and I would love to find a 93 foxbody in really good condition and drop my motor in it. Should be pretty quick since they are not as heavy as our cars. Any more advice? Thanks for all the help so far, Thanks everybody.
mac o/r prochamber
4.10 gear
Coming Soon....
LaSota Racing Tune
MGW Shifter
Old 06-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #65
rudejohn
Michigan Mach Maniac

Glad you're okay, sorry to see another Mach1 in the graveyard. Think you'll replace it with a used one or go for something newer?
Azure Blue, IUP

Aesthetic Mods:
Stars-Stripes Pony, CDC Honeycomb Panels, MGW Fuel Door

Performance Mods:
None yet. Planned: Exhaust and K&N Air System. Still trying to pick the right ones for me.
rudejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 AM   #66
LineageMach1
Air Power!!

Bro, thank God your ok. My wife got into a very bad accident back in March and it still effects her today mentally. She had a Ford Escape and was tboned in an intersection by a full size Dodge ram going about 45-50 mph.

She was knocked out and sent to the hospital in an ambulance, the guy in the Ram walked away like nothing ever happened.

She still hasnt gotten over the accident and everytime we come to an intersection I still see how scared she is.

I really hope your able to move on more easily than my wife has. We have Geico and they did well for us. They gave us the full value the car and then some. Good luck with everything and take care.

Edit, Geico wont give you anything for mods unless it's reported like you said... the major prob we had with Geico was they truly took their sweet time. I think we had a bad case manager though.
2004 Mustang GT-Red-Sold
2001 Mustang- Forest Green-Sold
Disabled Veteran United States Air Force. Hoorah Air Force!
LineageMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote