2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info

Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info Questions and Information regarding 03-04 Mach 1 Pricing, VIN's & Production

Old 12-14-2002, 03:57 PM   #1
stickman
What sound barrier?

Unhappy Need some quick advice!

Like most of you, I have been following the Mach 1 story since last Spring. I've been getting some great tips from all of you. Now, I need some advice on my own Mach 1.

I ordered a torch red Mach 1 from my dealer and have a copy of the DORA but so far no VIN. He told me this would be the first Mach in. On Thursday, they called to tell me they had one in, black, 5-speed w/IUP. Now, they're giving me the first option to take this one. (A bird in the hand...)

As most of you know, the true followers have more info than most of the salesman, and this is the case here as well. When I asked about my red Mach the salesman guaranteed it would arrive because the dealer expected to get one Mach each month, or every other month. This sounds crazy to me.

The black Mach is mine if I want it...need to decide by tomorrow evening. The stripes are very difficult to see unless you are right up on it, just as I suspected. Although, it does carry a "stealthy" look. Got to test drive it too (no one else has permission!). What a kick in the pants!

So the question is...should I jump on it or not?

stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 04:02 PM   #2
TRMach1
Once Bitten-Twice Shy

I don't really see how we can help you make that decision, which is based on personal (color) preferences. If you can live with the black on black paint scheme and not constantly second guess your decision, then I say go for it! But if you really have your heart and mind set on the red, then you might be better off waiting until one shows up, if not at your dealer, at another one.
Mach1Registry.com Member #7
MCA Member #52787
Nice to meet you, my name's Jim

03 Torch Red Mach 1, 5-speed, IUP
Sold on July 21st 2012!

2011 Shelby GT500, Ebony Black, Silver Stripes, 6-speed
550hp 510tq Purchased July 23, 2012!
TRMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #3
fonzymach03

id take it if i were u because for one black looks reallly sharp and this one mmach a monthg shure sounds like bull sh*t but its ur choise
Old 12-14-2002, 05:10 PM   #4
CLRUTL

Got similiar situation

I am in a similiar boat...

I ordered blue and was told it was the first car in the order. I am also the number one person in line. Since my family has bought, and buys many cars there, they promised me the first Mach1 they get -- a DSG. The dealer could not tell me why that color was chosen first...

I would prefer blue, but I will take DSG if that is the alternative. The dealer has also told me that they were told they were only getting one car for all of 2003 according to Ford.

I dont have to decide right away since they dont have a delivery date yet. But I will have to decide in the next few weeks. I was told that there is a chance that they could get another car between now and then, but no promises...

And I agree....A bird in the hand....
CLRUTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 05:38 PM   #5
stickman
What sound barrier?

CLRUTL,

My thoughts exactly. Has anyone been successful in contacting Ford regarding Mach 1 dealer allotments? I'd hate to pass by the only one coming into this dealer.

I checked around...other local dealers are asking $5000 over and have people waiting...

I'm SO close. What to do, what to do?

Old 12-14-2002, 06:16 PM   #6
Tomcat427
What a ride it was :)

I had a hard time deciding which car to buy. Mach 1, Cobra, GT and have it sent to Steeda? One thing I was sure of was that I wanted it to be Blue! Wheather it was Azure Blue, Sonic Blue or True Blue. I am glad I waited and found an Azure Blue Mach 1. The color was important to me.

Check out the Ford.com and Locate dealers in your area and check the inventory and see if another dealer close by is getting the color you want. Maybe your dealer can work out a dealer trade.
Old 12-14-2002, 06:55 PM   #7
Darkhorse

I would jump on it but that is because I love black cars. Pain to keep clean but well worth it in my opinion. I don't buy that dealer saying they'll get one every month or every other month. If you drove it and liked it and you can live with the color I would get it and not risk losing it but I imagine you could find another if you had to. If the fit and finish are good and you know the dealer personnel haven't been putting miles on it then I would seriously consider it. In the end though, it comes down to personal preference. You will definitely have a rare color. It seems everyone is getting red, blue, or dsg. Those are great but you'll be different at least.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:24 PM   #8
stickman
What sound barrier?

Talking Jumped on it

Made the leap! Paid for my black Mach 1 #350026, 5-speed w/IUP. Could not pass it by. Finally figured out what I wanted was a Mach 1, color didn't seem to be a make or break decision.

The dealership had 3 other serious hits on the vehicle (at $7500 over MSRP!) not later than 4 hours after I left yesterday. The salesman were surprised (but not me) that so many people already knew they had the vehicle before they advertised it!

One more Mach 1 on the road in central CA. It's nice to be in a location that permits year-round Mach touring. Now, it's time for all the upgrades.

See you in the left lane!
Old 12-15-2002, 07:21 PM   #9
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Congrats, stickman! Having had a number of them (including the '00 GT I just traded), the black color looks really "aggressive" when you pull up in front of a crowd. The black Mach 1 I saw in person was sharp. Keep it clean!
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #10
jaycMach1
Speed Demon

Hey,

I also don't see how we can help you make the decision, except on the basis of whether or not another car may come along. Choosing whether you really want to wait for a Torch Red model is really up to your personal preference.

One Mach 1 a month is going to be **** hard unless he's like the only dealer in the state, in my opinion that's garbage. I ordered the first one from my dealer, and he has two more after me that are likely not going to come in unless the production numbers are raised.

Either way, black or red are both great looking colors on the Mach 1. It's just whether or not you want to chance waiting or pay more, unless you get the same deal somewhere else.

Good luck and let us know how you end up! :THUMBSUP:

2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach 1 with IUP #382474

295rwhp/308rwtq
13.2 @ 105.9 mph
jaycMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 12:51 PM   #11
OHMach1

Dealer trade

For those of you facing the dilemma of your dealer getting one color while you ordered/wanted another, try to get your dealer to do a dealer trade with another dealership. I tried several weeks ago when Mach1s started showing up on dealer showrooms, but my own dealer hadn't received one. He tried a dealer trade, using his Cobras as bait, but the response from the other dealers was that they would only trade for other Mach 1s (i.e., if it was a color issue).

You don't have to settle for a color you don't truely want, and my guess is, you don't have to wait it out either as long as your dealer's got a car sitting on his showroom floor to trade.:THUMBSUP:
VIN 378884 Rec'd 12/6
Born on date 1/17/03
Mach 1 arrived 1/22/03

"There's always someone willing to disagree with me; but I'm the one who's called controvesial."
OHMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 02:09 PM   #12
CrissyCobra

:OFFTOPIC:
Hey OHMach1! Nice to see another Ohio owner
(soon to be) on here! Hope it's not too painful
of a wait for you!

2003 Mach1 Zinc Yellow

Well behaved women rarely make history!
CrissyCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:40 PM   #13
hotrodmach1

Hi Fellow Ohio Mach 1 owners(soon to be). Ours are scheduled the same week OHMach1 Meet you on I-71 in Lodi on delivery day
2003 Mach1 Red,IUP,registry#35, 5 speed ordered 5/30/02,
1992 5.0 lx Red 68k,5speed, 3.73, 17"bullitt wheels, ford racing hi per suspension...FOR SALE
1957 fairlane 500 basket case project
hotrodmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:42 PM   #14
CLRUTL

Congratulations Stickman on getting your car...

I was told today that the Mach1 in DSG is expected to be delivered on 01/20. Like you I am gonna take the DSG over the blue and run because they are going fast.

My dealer was looking to attempt a dealer trade for a blue Mach 1 in the Northern CA region, but he stated that the other dealers just are not keeping them around after they come in. They are probably all snatching them up like I am going to, cuz the buyers cant wait for the Machs to come in.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:08 PM   #15
stickman
What sound barrier?

CLRUTL,
You won't regret it. I think the demand will continue to be high for a while...some people are just figuring out that there is a Mach 1 model this year...they're going to be just as crazy about getting one as we are.

Drives like a dream....love that rumble.

Since there is some interest in pictures of a black Mach 1, I will post a few this weekend when the sun comes out and I have some free time.

Old 12-19-2002, 10:32 AM   #16
OHMach1

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrodmach1
Hi Fellow Ohio Mach 1 owners(soon to be). Ours are scheduled the same week OHMach1 Meet you on I-71 in Lodi on delivery day
I'll be keeping my ear to the ground (actually to the telephone, talking to my salesman...constantly) trying to keep track of when that day is coming. Our VINs are close enough that they very well could be on the same delivery. :HOPPY: :HOPPY:

And it's been hell, Crissy, but I've managed to keep my sanity so far thanks to all of the info and support provided by everybody here on the registry. Just another month or two (I'm thinking nobody'll be getting a car for a couple of weeks, here, with the holiday shutdown), and I'll be on the road! I'm just hoping El Nino will keep the snow away in February so I can actually get a little driving time in. :THUMBSUP:

Once we all have our cars, we'll need to visit the threads under Car Shows & Cruises and have a few 2003 Mach 1 events!
VIN 378884 Rec'd 12/6
Born on date 1/17/03
Mach 1 arrived 1/22/03

"There's always someone willing to disagree with me; but I'm the one who's called controvesial."
Old 12-19-2002, 10:36 AM   #17
OHMach1

Quote:
Originally posted by CLRUTL
My dealer was looking to attempt a dealer trade for a blue Mach 1 in the Northern CA region, but he stated that the other dealers just are not keeping them around after they come in. They are probably all snatching them up like I am going to, cuz the buyers cant wait for the Machs to come in.
I guess there would be region differences: people down in Florida and Texas would probably have similar experiences trying to swing dealer trades...anywhere where you could actually drive the cars. Here in the Midwest (and probably other places where snow and salt prevail) there are cars sitting on lots at MSRP, and nobody's biting, so dealer trades are more likely. Sorry. I forgot to take that into account.
VIN 378884 Rec'd 12/6
Born on date 1/17/03
Mach 1 arrived 1/22/03

Old 12-20-2002, 01:02 AM   #18
CLRUTL

Been raining all those proverbial animals around here, but I understand what you are saying about the weather...

I talked to the dealer again and he stated that it looks good to be delivered on 01/20 or maybe a week sooner. Which would be a big surprise based upon the fact I made the order in late May and we all know how fast these cars are getting around...

He also told me that he is still checking around for a trade, but not to count on it since they are jumping off the lots on the West Coast.

In any case, when it gets here I will be very happy. Been a long wait, but in the end...well worth it!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:39 PM   #19
SFlaMach1

I think as time goes on your going to see more availability and less reluctance on the part of dealers to come down on price or look for dealer trades. There have been 2 Mach 1's at a dealer ship here in South Florida since 12/11 and they have been asking MSRP. I am going tomorrow to a dealership about 45 minutes away to test drive a Mach 1 because they are willing to accept x-plan. They have 2 Mach 1's available as well. The only thing that will keep me driving home in it is the color. I'm partial to the white but they have a black one and a azure blue. There are other Mach 1's available at other local dealerships as well. (There are about 4 Mega Ford dealers as well as a dozen other Ford dealerships within 45 minutes of me)
SFlaMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote