2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info

Mach 1 Ordering, Pricing, Production & VIN Info Questions and Information regarding 03-04 Mach 1 Pricing, VIN's & Production

Old 11-23-2002, 08:00 PM   #1
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Mapping it all out

OK, stop laughing now. I do not know difficult it would be, but at this point I think it would be interesting to actually have a map posted of the US and Canada, with numbers each state or province showing 1) # of members registered 2) # of cars on order (not always the same as 1) and finally 3)# of cars delivered. This last would show the spread of deliveries as they happen, and natually to this point in time the vehicles listed as delivered so far have been in states neighboring Michingan, but oddly enough no Mich. deliveries are listed. Again, I am not themost computer literate person, and I would think there would be somesort of program or software that would have business applications that would be appropriate for this, but it would be very interesting to watch if it could be done. :THUMBSUP:
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
Bart

Interesting Idea

I've been thinking about a similar idea. What would do the trick was if the Owners List was expanded a bit to include our screen names, delivery info, etc and made downloadable. If the list was downloadable anyone with excel (or another spreadsheet program) could sort the data all day long in a miltitude of ways.

This would be a big help for anyone trying to get in touch with members that are regionally close to setup get togethers, local events, etc. For example there are about 10 orders in the state of WA. The only way I figured that out was to look thru the 500+ entry list. There is no easy way to contact them without their email or PM being enabled from the list.

If we could link the List to a members registration and provide places for the member to update (like the current signature) then Dave would not have the extra work of entering the data a second time in the owners list. The list would likely be more current, easier to use and provide more time for Dave to have a regular life.

I've been meaning to email to Dave and offer to help set it up. So at the very least I'd like to say Im ready to help and think it would be a real benefit.
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:40 PM   #3
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quite an expansion on my simple thought, but a good one. You could call up the map, which would have (maybe in differing colors) the three items I mentioned. You could then click on the appropriate state or provence and more detailed information would come up; members, and their listed info as per that which is listed on the registry. As well as helping those in the region they live, if they are going to a show or traveling to that area for whatever reason they could touch base with other members (pending those persons approval).
Old 11-23-2002, 08:59 PM   #4
03mach1
Admin/Founder

List

Sounds Great! I did start a sortable list actually last night, but I think the more "USER" interface so users can update their own info individually would be great and mappig it out somehow!

http://www.mach1registry.com/owners_list.asp

I will contact Bart later, maybe we can get this a bit more automated!
Founder/Admin Member #0001
http://www.Mach1Registry.com
http://www.Mach1Performance.org
Amsoil T-1 Certified Independant Dealer
Member, MCA
'03 Mach 1, '08 V6 WIP, 76 Cobra II
VIN#301788
03mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 10:59 PM   #5
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

This is so awesome. You have done us all such a great service with all that you have done, I don't think there is any way we could repay you. Actually, we could repay you, but then we couldn't afford a new Mach 1.
The only thing that I would like to clarify about my first thought is the idea of seeing the spread of cars with Dearborn as the origination point, seeing as the first cars delivered are in the closest states bar Mich. itself. :THUMBSUP:
Old 11-23-2002, 11:40 PM   #6
69mach
Lurker

That is great:THUMBSUP:
69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:39 AM   #7
Bart

Dave - Great Job!

What you have is very similar to my thoughts. I'm not sure if we can get to the map idea. I think its a great idea though.

What you just posted is a vast improvement over the static owners list we had. I'd suggest replacing the current list with the page in your post. I'm ready to talk and help any time that works for you.

Perhaps if we add a search feature (query, if it's a database) that would just pull up matching records. Then, if we can add the user handle and a way to send a PM, I think we are just about there. The ability to download the list would be great too. Lastly, if we can have the data come from, and be entered by, the user at their user cp, it would be perfect. Please understand, these are suggestions and I'm willing to help. Dave you have given us a home on the internet for the Mach family - to me it's a family of sorts and it's because of you.

Seems like we are almost there - thanks to your extra effort.

Bravo!:THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP: :THUMBSUP:

Last edited by Bart; 11-24-2002 at 02:46 AM.
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote