2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
shadowmaker

Gas prices, just sticking it to use again

They are cutting production bc we have too much yet it keeps going up at the pumps. When are WE as Americans going to say enough is enough?

We re the best country in the world yet the world laughs at us.....I m not even going to get started, I ll be mad the rest of the day.

But here you go, enjoy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_saudi_oil
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Re: Gas prices, just sticking it to use again

This country has never been serious about stopping the purchase of foreign oil. If they were, they would have done it 30 years ago. Too many people upstairs are getting greased to keep buying it, and never ween this country off it, or enough to damage Middle East revenue.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
Mach828
Dark Knight

Military is finally getting around to realizing that no matter how advanced our technology is or how good our military is, if we can't fuel them, we aren't much of a superpower.

So, I see things turning around in the upcoming years.

But agree with the above. Hard to stop something when the people in charge are getting big checks because of continuing it.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
birdman941
Torque wins!

Just remember all of the BS in November of 2012.
Change it back, drill baby drill.

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
This country has never been serious about stopping the purchase of foreign oil. If they were, they would have done it 30 years ago. Too many people upstairs are getting greased to keep buying it, and never ween this country off it, or enough to damage Middle East revenue.
I loved the one a few weeks ago.

The question was ask why gas was $3.50 at $104 a barrel but was only $3.25 when it was $120 in '08? Sit down for this one....

'theres so much oil coming into Oklahoma from the Dakotas and Canada but they have no way to get it out bc of not having a pipeline. They can truck it out but there arent enough tankers to get it out fast enough. SOO, they pay $10-$30 more a barrel to get it from the middle east.'
Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #6
un gm
occasional user

Funny that in 2008 "high prices at the pump" seemed to lead every newscast. Guess it's not such a problem now
Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
birdman941
Torque wins!

Lamestream media....................

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
muzman
Mach 1 enthusiast

one aspect is that the Middle East backs the American dollar by funding debt on the basis USA buys its oil from this area, begs the question what has US govt promised the Chinese now?
1969 351w 4v Mach 1, Red, 4 speed toploader
SOLD Feb 2007

2000GT Red , Auto Right Hand Drive sold 2004.
muzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
wannamach1
finallygottamach1

Smile Re: Gas prices, just sticking it to use again

Unfortunately too many of us have become desensitized to it. How many people have changed their driving habits because of high prices? Most I would say haven't but instead adjusted their budget for fuel. It's a shame but as long as we keep buying, the price will probably never get back to what most of us consider "reasonable". Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
20mach104

I hate the high prices but I just deal with it as much as it pisses me off. The only part that helps me is my Mach is paid off. If I had to make a car payment and pay these gas prices I am not to sure I'd have the Mach but then again I didnt buy the Mach for fuel mieage so I knew what I was getting myself into. But I would love to see the prices drop back to a normal level.

Replaced with:
2003 Redfire Cobra - 2.8 Upper, 100mm Idler, Prochamber, 3" Catback, SBTB, F/R Strut Brace, FLSFC, IRS Brace, Afco Double Pass Heat Exchanger, MGW Shifter - Blue handle, LFP Big Mouth SBTB and power inlet, Hard launch cross bar and Alum. Adj Hard Launch Bushing kit
6,018 of 8,394
20mach104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

In typical U.S. fashion they found a solution to the problem. The U.S. is going to give $3 Billion to Colombia to build a refinery using U.S. parts. They say it will save 15,000 U.S. jobs. Once again, build it somewhere else so we don't have to pay Americans a decent wage to live on, and make sure we don't help ourselves out of this mess. Keep sucking on the teet.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 04-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
In typical U.S. fashion they found a solution to the problem. The U.S. is going to give $3 Billion to Colombia to build a refinery using U.S. parts. They say it will save 15,000 U.S. jobs. Once again, build it somewhere else so we don't have to pay Americans a decent wage to live on, and make sure we don't help ourselves out of this mess. Keep sucking on the teet.
the other problem is that any attempts at building refineries here leads to be it being tied up in courts by people that dont want it built "in their back yard". Id imagine they can have the thing up and running in Columbia long before it would be done getting throw around the courts here in the states

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #13
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Yeah, but then it all comes back to square one. Were dependant on someone else to get what we need, and uh-oh, let's just say we have a crisis in South America, or wherever. Whoops, another excuse to jack prices through the roof.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #14
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Quote:
Yeah, but then it all comes back to square one. Were dependant on someone else to get what we need, and uh-oh, let's just say we have a crisis in South America, or wherever. Whoops, another excuse to jack prices through the roof.
Im not disagreeing in the least but thats the reality of it

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
shadowmaker

Quote:

WHAT!!!!!

I havent heard bout this one yet. We re becoming a nation of shoppers.

I ll ask the question again, when are we as Americans going to say enough is a **** nuff?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
Phil
Nitrous Junkie

When Bush was President and gas prices were $4.00+ all the liberal media was in a frenzy blamming Bush! Now we are heading the same direction with gas prices under Obama along with rising food prices, but no concern by the liberal media at all!!??

Performance mods by Jeff Chambers, the owner/tuner of CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio
http://www.crt-performance.com/
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #17
BoulderMach

Haven't been around for awhile, but man I filled up today in Boulder.

$3.91 a gallonn for 91 octane (93 is generally not availabe at altitude).

I paid $3.76 for my lunch at Wendy's. This is killing us.
BoulderMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #18
Mach1tosh

Be happy you don't live here in the country with the 2nd largest oil reserves on the planet yet we are paying over $5.50 a gallon. Feel like I've got a target on my
Old 04-19-2011, 07:47 PM   #19
bris09

I think the media is quiet on this because there isn't as much public outrage yet. Most people are taking the approach that at least it is not $5.00 like they said it would be. Very smart move by the oil companies to say it will in no certain terms hit $5 that way when it doesn't people are happy.

Dril baby drill is a joke. When they start up the wells they already have sitting idle then they can drill more. As long as it is cheaper to buy foreign oil they are not going to pull theirs from the ground.

I'm going out on a limb here but I wouldn't be surprised if the US oil companies haven't taken the approach of buy and use all the other oil in the world that way when it is scarse they can charge whatever they want for theirs.
Enough to not be the slowest, but nowhere near enough to be the fastest.

17 Fusion Sport
Now faster than the Mach

96 Laser Red Cobra Vert
For those days you just wanna cruise with the top down

89 Shelby CSX
Still rocking the VNT and Fiberides.
bris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #20
starscream

The problem here is that oil price isn't linked directly to production, it's just as much priced on speculation. The traders that buy it on the rise do their best to keep it from falling. On Gasoline, most taxes that are assessed are percentage based, so the gap between the pre and post tax price increases exponentially as the pre taxed price goes up.

A few years ago we in WNY had the highest gas price of anywhere in the Continental US. The state Atty. General looked into price gouging by the suppliers but found there was none. It all came down to the owners of the stations keeping prices high because they were trying to maximize their profits. As long as no one else undercut them they could keep charging what they wanted. So a bit of good 'ol capitalism factors in as well.
#336506 Azure Blue 5-Speed w/IUP
266.9 RWHP / 288.2 RWTQ SAE corrected @500 miles bone stock
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
Be happy you don't live here in the country with the 2nd largest oil reserves on the planet yet we are paying over $5.50 a gallon. Feel like I've got a target on my

I got this off another forum but this guy has a good point.

"This is not meant to be a jab at anyone but we are paying a little more than you guys if you just factor in our insurance premiums/deductables/co-pays. My wife and I have to pay $120/week for insurance, $30/$55 Dr. co-pays (I'm a diabetic so I get alot of the $55 ones...), and $15/$30/$50 script co-pays (alot of the $50 co-pays...).
Figured it out with absolutely no Dr. visits, just insurance premiums and monthly medicines, at todays gas prices I am paying $6.18/gal or $1.65/lt. This doesn't include the deductable and the monthly meds are figured on 3-month supply mail order.
If you factor in the deductable (which we always meet and exceed) which is $750/person (total of $2250 for our family), but still no Dr. visits, you can adjust the gas prices up to $16.59/gal or $4.44/lt.
Maybe people out of this country should realize what they're getting for paying more in gas that we have to pay in addition to gas here."
Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #22
Mach1tosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmaker View Post
I got this off another forum but this guy has a good point.

"This is not meant to be a jab at anyone but we are paying a little more than you guys if you just factor in our insurance premiums/deductables/co-pays. My wife and I have to pay $120/week for insurance, $30/$55 Dr. co-pays (I'm a diabetic so I get alot of the $55 ones...), and $15/$30/$50 script co-pays (alot of the $50 co-pays...).
Figured it out with absolutely no Dr. visits, just insurance premiums and monthly medicines, at todays gas prices I am paying $6.18/gal or $1.65/lt. This doesn't include the deductable and the monthly meds are figured on 3-month supply mail order.
If you factor in the deductable (which we always meet and exceed) which is $750/person (total of $2250 for our family), but still no Dr. visits, you can adjust the gas prices up to $16.59/gal or $4.44/lt.
Maybe people out of this country should realize what they're getting for paying more in gas that we have to pay in addition to gas here."
Exactly how is this relavent? Throwing in a few apples to compare with the oranges
Old 04-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #23
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1tosh View Post
Exactly how is this relavent? Throwing in a few apples to compare with the oranges
Its very relavent. I wouldnt be exactly happy bout $5.50 a gal but it wouldnt be half as bad if we didnt have to pay all the other stuff. Yes your gas is more but your govt is passing on the cost of the medical system thru taxes on the gas. Take out ALL the taxes they have imposed on gas, refineries, etc and then look at what it would cost. Bet its alot cheaper than you think.

But I also understand if you were paying $3 before and now its $5.50 how it makes it hard on you as well.

Another reason I bring it up is bc our guy over energy, forget his name, 2 yrs ago is on record saying they need to get gas prices up to the levels they are in Europe.

The $900 a month it cost for health insurance would buy 163 gals of gas at $5.50 a gal. 20 mpg x 163 gal= 3260 miles a month or 39120 miles a yr.

We drive approx 20k miles a yr between me and the wife. So, thats gas for 2 yrs.

And I wont even figure in how much it would buy with the medicines we have to buy.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
24kmach
My First Mach, Jan. 1969

Good news.

http://www.arkansasgasprices.com/New...age_no=1&ign=1

Based in Kent, Washington, Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is the only original Mustang club in the Puget Sound Area and according to Mustang Club of America, we are the oldest in the nation.
24kmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Rooster922 in that reply section hit the nail on the head. All super powers eventually collapse. The U.S. is definitely in its nose dive. We buy everything, and sell nothing.