2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 12-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Khyren

Talking T-56 swap finally done

I finally got the T-56 in and driving this week and it's hands down fantastic. I'm still getting used to the added gear and the ratios. I got a TUET-1260 that came out of a Saleen extreme with all the parts needed. It came with an MGW gold shifter, cobra aluminum flywheel, centerforce DF clutch, and a driveshaft(that I didn't use). While I was at it, I put in an adjustable clutch cable and adjuster. The only weird thing I have noticed is that when I start it up, the initial revs from the "roar" is much higher than it used to be and it takes longer to settle into an idle. I am assuming this is from halving the weight of the flywheel. **** does it like to rev now though! Reverse is a beast to get into as I haven't gotten the solenoid wired up yet. But the solution I have is freaking genius. At least in theory so far. I'm going to be using a headlight dimmer switch from an old truck that is to be mounted just above the dummy pedal. It will be from a switched power source so that it's not always on. From the switch it will be T'd off to the solenoid and to the O/D Off light that is not being used in the cluster for indication. The ground for the solenoid will be to the bolt that mounts it. I'll post pictures of this after it is done. Hopefully tomorrow.
Khyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
TTSaleen
SVT Enthusiast

Re: T-56 swap finally done

These work great and are easy to install.
http://americanpowertrain.com/i-2388...e-6-speed.html
2003 Mach 1 - Azure Blue 800rwhp on E85
1968 Charger - Green Gen3 Hemi Swap on E85
Instagram - ttsaleen
YouTube - 98saleen

Former -
2003 Mach 1 - Torch Red - Auto - Eaton Swap = 472rwhp
Link to build thread - http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...d.php?t=132733
TTSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote