2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > Buying & Selling > Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted

Mustangs Parts For Sale/Wanted Looking for a Mustang or Part or have one for sale? Post it here!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #1
OWmach1

Attn so cal members: I need a stock h-pipe

Looking to borrow a stock h-pipe for smog.. I can leave you my Mac catted h-pipe or a deposit and return it back to you in a few days when I'm done handling business. Please pm me!
OWmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
warpony

Re: Attn so cal members: I need a stock h-pipe

Are they till doing visual checks? Or does it fail with the sniffer? Just curious, gonna be swapping my stocker after registration for an mrt catted h. Good luck.
2011 Jeep Call Of Duty Edition(wife's)
2014 Focus SE
2001 Bullitt DHG
warpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
frijol79

So what is legal to do to the Exhaust system without having to be changing it every two years? Dude i would help but I am an hour north of san francisco.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
frijol79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
OWmach1

Just the stock h-pipe and a 2.5" cat back is fine.. the car will pass the sniffer. I have mac highflow catted h-pipe and i think the car will read higher emissions where as the stock h-pipe has 4 giant cats. I normally would swap my stock h-pipe over and get the smog done and swap my x-pipe/h-pipe over after, but my stock h-pipe blew out on me last year & the car has been sitting on non operation. My new engine is going in next weekend and would like to get it back on the road soon. I heard about them getting rid of the sniffers and using only obd2 computer plug ins, but I also heard that isn't taking effect until 2014? Laws change every minute and every year lol

My friend has a 04 GT and I think he's cool with me taking off his mid pipe. Thanks in advance though
Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
OWmach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpony View Post
Are they till doing visual checks? Or does it fail with the sniffer? Just curious, gonna be swapping my stocker after registration for an mrt catted h. Good luck.
Honestly they rarely check visual. I never seen a smog tech look under my mustang, but when I had my honda back in 06-09 they would look at every little bolt. I guess people in the honda scene are likely to do more illegal stuff like swapping over little joke engines.