2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
bmeeks
1 of 124

tinted....FINALLY

been wanting to do tint for over a year now, finally pulled the trigger friday. got 13% all the way around, nothing on the windshield

looks incredible, gives the car a cleaner look, and it's like driving around during the day under a thick cloud

ill put up some pics when my phone decides to send the email to my computer.....

IMSHAKN
bmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Re: tinted....FINALLY

I'll be doing mine pretty soon too. Just waiting for the warmer weather. Got to find out what the limit is in Mass. Looking forward to seeing yours.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
jasionox666x

Bwuaha, who cares about limits.

I'm not allowed ANY on mine but I have it pretty dark.
jasionox666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #4
MyMustang

I'm goin to do 5% all the way around soon... I've had it on a few of my cars and love it keeps the leather good too... Only problem is if they don't wet sand the lil bumps on inside of back glass or it'll peel up a lil were bumps are..(still might even if sanded) I also am still paranoid about my car so im not comfortable with some random people spraying soapy water on inside!!
MyMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Jimyg34
MACH NU1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMustang View Post
I'm goin to do 5% all the way around soon... I've had it on a few of my cars and love it keeps the leather good too... Only problem is if they don't wet sand the lil bumps on inside of back glass or it'll peel up a lil were bumps are..(still might even if sanded) I also am still paranoid about my car so im not comfortable with some random people spraying soapy water on inside!!
I agree 100%. I would love to have the tint done but am a bit tense about someone making a mess. I am over protective with all my things.
VIN#420549 Stock- SCT Tuned
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
K&N CAI
Jimyg34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
japan4racing
not builted

12% all the way around for me...verified by the peach county sheriffs department!
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
japan4racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
smith30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH View Post
I'll be doing mine pretty soon too. Just waiting for the warmer weather. Got to find out what the limit is in Mass. Looking forward to seeing yours.
35% I moved to KY from MA. Sure you can go darker if you want to risk a ticket. I don't know how cops are around your area. I love being in KY now I see A LOT of cars with 20% or darker....hell it will be a sunny and 60 degree day and I can't see in some cars next to me on the highway lol
03 Mach 1 - sold
04 GT - sold
smith30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #8
CompOrange
PSR Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasionox666x View Post
Bwuaha, who cares about limits.
When you have to do a traffic stop on a car with extremely dark tint at night, you post up and let me know how safe that is. The single most dangerous thing an officer can do is a traffic stop and that does not help improve officer safety in the least bit.

So yes, there are people who do care about those laws and even here in AZ there's absolutely no need to go that dark to keep the sun out.

2003 Mach 1 - Azure Blue
5 speed

Mostly stock...except for a few goodies
CompOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #9
zincmock03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompOrange View Post
When you have to do a traffic stop on a car with extremely dark tint at night, you post up and let me know how safe that is. The single most dangerous thing an officer can do is a traffic stop and that does not help improve officer safety in the least bit.

So yes, there are people who do care about those laws and even here in AZ there's absolutely no need to go that dark to keep the sun out.
Dont take this the wrong way..but what is the differnce if you pull over a van with no back windows or a suv thats allowed as dark as they want in the back, that could possible have people in the back who are threats or a car with tinted windows? If you get pulled over at night most people pull their windows down. (i would hope) I never understood this point in the tint argument.
zincmock03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #10
gamatt
Mustang Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMustang View Post
The shop I used put a strip of black vinyl over the top edge of the dots on the back window on the inside. Hides the dots completely and you'd never know it's there.
gamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
Unrealford
Mustang owner since 1984

If I remember correctly, NY doesn't allow any on front.driver, passenger windows. Any tint added takes it over legal amount.
Unrealford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #12
CompOrange
PSR Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincmock03 View Post
Dont take this the wrong way..but what is the differnce if you pull over a van with no back windows or a suv thats allowed as dark as they want in the back, that could possible have people in the back who are threats or a car with tinted windows? If you get pulled over at night most people pull their windows down. (i would hope) I never understood this point in the tint argument.
A lot of people don't roll their windows down nor do they turn on the dome light in their vehicle. It's appreciated if they do, greatly and if something doesn't seem right I've got no problem asking to have them lowered. I'm not a big fan on the lack of restrictions for the back windows as it can be virtually impossible to see what you are up against. I like the look of dark windows, don't get me wrong, but I simply have a hard time seeing the need to go that dark on the back.

Like I say, a traffic stop can be tough enough as it is. I was just making my post to show that people do care about tint laws and I respect the ones that are in place. But at the same time, they are laws and they are there for a reason and should be followed rather than driving without regard to them.

2003 Mach 1 - Azure Blue
5 speed

Mostly stock...except for a few goodies
CompOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
nitehunter1989

I know iowa is pretty restrictive with theres, they are supposed to have 70% visibility, yea mine had 15 % according to the sheriffs dept
nitehunter1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
Mach828
Dark Knight

My city limit is 35% up front and 20% in the rear.

My tint currently: 1% in the small windows, 5% up front, and 20% on the rear windshield. Can't see inside when its noon and sunny out.

No tickets yet

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #15
Con's Mach1

We could never imagine owning a car without tint. Makes you feel like your driving around naked without it. Plus, the main reason, TINT is soo good for the interior. I just hope you put on LEGAL tint, like around 30%. I got nailed on my 20%. They wouldn't even forgive the ticket, after I had it replaced. Cost me BIG on both ends!
Con's Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
jasionox666x

Quote:

I care about them. I only drive my car with windows down at all times. I make officers feel as safe as possible. Pa law is discombobbled when it comes to limits.

Sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean for it to come at anyone. I know situations like that are shitty for an officer and the last thing I want is to offend someone.
jasionox666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
nitehunter1989

Quote:
A lot of people don't roll their windows down nor do they turn on the dome light in their vehicle. It's appreciated if they do, greatly and if something doesn't seem right I've got no problem asking to have them lowered. I'm not a big fan on the lack of restrictions for the back windows as it can be virtually impossible to see what you are up against. I like the look of dark windows, don't get me wrong, but I simply have a hard time seeing the need to go that dark on the back.

Like I say, a traffic stop can be tough enough as it is. I was just making my post to show that people do care about tint laws and I respect the ones that are in place. But at the same time, they are laws and they are there for a reason and should be followed rather than driving without regard to them.

I know when i got my window tint ticket, the officer stared the car down, drove away from it about a block and set for a minute at a light then turned around to come pull me over, and out of the two tickets i have gotten with the mach, both officers walked up and said nice car, and we actually talked for a little while and then i got a ticket from them.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #18
japan4racing
not builted

I have illegal tint but if/when I get pulled over both windows go down and the dome light comes on if its night time. I even turn my car off just to make them feel even more confident that I'm not gonna run. Ive been pulled over a handful of times in the mach and only once has anything been said about my tint. I still didn't get a ticket but he metered it and it was 12%. He gave me my speeding ticket asked if I have nitrous and then sent me on my way.

I understand why there are tint laws and I respect that. I will still get illegal tint on all my cars though. I will take every step possible to make the officers feel safe when I get pulled over as well. Laws just keep honest people honest. You can make tint illegal altogether and people will still get it done. Its sad that the people of this country that choose to do stupid things end up effecting the way I live.

Im going darker as soon as I get the money saved up. For me its more than just looks. I have sensitive eyes. If I don't have my sunglasses on it hurts my eyes to the point that I cant hardly open them. I squint constantly and get headaches from it. So for me dark tint helps me drive without being nearly blinded. Also at night it really helps since the headlights are like star bursts to me. Having the car as dark as possible really helps a lot at night to help me see the road. I understand you can get a note from a doctor for this condition and I intend on doing just that so I can have my dark tint and not get ticketed for it.
2004 Torch Red Mach 1 - C&L cai, Kooks longtubes, Kooks o/r x-pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Roy's 1/2" spacer, FRPP aluminum d/s, FRPP 4.10's, FRPP billet F/W, Ram HDX, MGW orange handle, H&R Super Sports
Old 02-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #19
nitehunter1989

Even with the note the fine print on it only allows for 35 percent tent so its still pointless to get although I did get my ticket dismised because of the note.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #20
japan4racing
not builted

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehunter1989 View Post
Even with the note the fine print on it only allows for 35 percent tent so its still pointless to get although I did get my ticket dismised because of the note.
Really? Legal in Georgia is 32% +/- 2%....35% would be pointless as its lighter than what you are aloud to have anyways.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #21
MyMustang

I've had 5% on just about every car I've owned.... It's remarkable keeps the car cool and makes it so I don't have to run ac on full blast in summer... Also helps preserve leather from sun rays! Never once had a cop say anything to me about it and Ive been pulled over plenty... At night diff story gotta crack window to see good... But it just looks great IMO! Especially on Machs because of Black striping.
MyMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #22
BlueLineMach1

Awesome pics!

K&N intake
Borla Catback
03' Cobra Front Bumper
3/4" Spacer
Custom Painted Rear Panel and Tailights
BlueLineMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #23
bmeeks
1 of 124

ha my bad, long past 2 weeks at work with some travel in between

IMSHAKN
bmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #24
ASH302
Soldier for Christ

looks really good

ASh
2013 RED Dodge Charger R/T Sold Nov 2014
2002 custom Blue 02 Auto Trans AM Sold June 2015
1998 Cobra Black Sold summer 2016

Current
2009 Ford F350 FX4 March 2017 (work truck)
2003 OW 5.0 Mach 1 Aug 2020

ASh
ASH302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #25
BlueLineMach1

Looks sharp!

K&N intake
Borla Catback
03' Cobra Front Bumper
3/4" Spacer
Custom Painted Rear Panel and Tailights