2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 11-08-2003, 10:52 PM   #1
MachKid03

Clutch

I follow a lot of the mod threads here trying to determine what I want to do with my car as I am able to. My question is, I have seen many threads about moding almost every component of our cars, but have yet to see anyone put in an aftermarket clutch. Are the clutches in our cars good enough to handle even major increases in HP? Have any of you who drive them hard on the strip noticed and wear or fade in your clutch since it was new? Anyone have any insight or put in a new clutch?
MachKid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
03AV8R
Terrible Dyno Car!

Re: Clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by MachKid03
I follow a lot of the mod threads here trying to determine what I want to do with my car as I am able to. My question is, I have seen many threads about moding almost every component of our cars, but have yet to see anyone put in an aftermarket clutch. Are the clutches in our cars good enough to handle even major increases in HP? Have any of you who drive them hard on the strip noticed and wear or fade in your clutch since it was new? Anyone have any insight or put in a new clutch?
Mine seems fine still.. I am replacing it next week with a SPEC stage 2 though just because i happen to be putting in an aluminum flywheel anyways so why not? Plus i got the adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant cable kit & a bunch of other stuff while the motor is lifted :THUMBSUP:

Axles of Evil Racing

Bolt-On's
All the good ones :PIMP: running 11.17's N/A on the stock factory motor.
Results
Best 1/4 mile 11.174 (Slicks) 11.2's (Quick TP's) 12.072 (17" Street Stocker wheels & tires)
Best MPH 119.22
Best 60' 1.474 (With ET Drags) 1.51 (Quick TP's) 1.8's (17" stockers)
03AV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:44 AM   #3
Keydet
V M I

i always joke with my mom that if she wants to learn how to dive stick i will teacher her if she buys me a new clutch. i don't think the stock clutch could take bothe her and me learnin how to drive stick on it. my clutch has taken a lot of abuse from a first time stick driver and seems to be holding up pretty good.
SLP Loudmouth 1's
Keydet is offline   Reply With Quote