2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #676
IMachU
Super Moderator

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Sounds like he shot you the "slow the hell down!" look. No, you or your friend won't get a ticket in the mail.

2003 DSG 5 speed IUP Born June 25, 2003
K&N Drop-in Filter, Magnapack Catback, MRT black chrome tips, MRT shifter
277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
IMachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 AM   #677
edw794

if the officer got a look at your face good enough to make an id, he could/would obtain your reg info off of your license plate and follow up on that by contacting you.

i once gave a cite to a person who was driving recklessly on the freeway that i observed while i was off duty and in my own private vehicle. i was able to see the driver's face and his license plate. i contacted this person by sending his local police to his house and had him appear at my station. after identifying him, where he also admitted to the offense, i wrote him a citation and also wrote a report to the da. if he had refused to appear at the station, i would have attempted to make an identification using his driver license photo. if the id was successful, i would have obtained a notify warrant.

this incident occurred in the state of california.

ed
edw794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:04 PM   #678
R.Shackleford
Road Racin' Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by edw794 View Post
if the officer got a look at your face good enough to make an id, he could/would obtain your reg info off of your license plate and follow up on that by contacting you.

i once gave a cite to a person who was driving recklessly on the freeway that i observed while i was off duty and in my own private vehicle. i was able to see the driver's face and his license plate. i contacted this person by sending his local police to his house and had him appear at my station. after identifying him, where he also admitted to the offense, i wrote him a citation and also wrote a report to the da. if he had refused to appear at the station, i would have attempted to make an identification using his driver license photo. if the id was successful, i would have obtained a notify warrant.

this incident occurred in the state of california.

ed
Horribly destructive. Congrats.

MGW Shifter : SCT : Pypes O/R X : Magnapack cat-back : K&N Filter : H&R SS Springs : Tokico D-specs : MM CC Plates : Anthracite Shelby Torq-Thrust M 17x9 -- Falken RT615 275/40
R.Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #679
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Shackleford View Post
Horribly destructive. Congrats.
Whatcha mean?

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM   #680
chrome&paint

Deleted
04 Mach 1 Azure Blue w/ IUP transgo shift kit 8K HID smoked projectors 8K HID smoked fogs c/f grill stealth license plate bracket black out tail lights side markers and 3rd brake light optima red top 20" SOLD
07 300C Inferno Red Lux Group II sunroof uconnect limo tint volant CAI, Stealth 93 CAI Tune

Last edited by IMachU; 06-19-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Content
chrome&paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #681
chrome&paint

Deleted for attack on a member
04 Mach 1 Azure Blue w/ IUP transgo shift kit 8K HID smoked projectors 8K HID smoked fogs c/f grill stealth license plate bracket black out tail lights side markers and 3rd brake light optima red top 20" SOLD
07 300C Inferno Red Lux Group II sunroof uconnect limo tint volant CAI, Stealth 93 CAI Tune

Last edited by IMachU; 06-19-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #682
[DSG]Mach03

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome&paint View Post
Deleted
lol

yeah, seriously. Thats a little overboard. (considering what the guy did. Who knows, he could have deserved it)

Last edited by IMachU; 06-19-2007 at 05:08 PM.
[DSG]Mach03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #683
R.Shackleford
Road Racin' Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreature View Post
Whatcha mean?
I tried to think of a way to explain how I felt that would be easy to understand and not cause a huge debate, but I couldn't so it is what is. I had a compulsion to have to say something so I did. I respect police.

MGW Shifter : SCT : Pypes O/R X : Magnapack cat-back : K&N Filter : H&R SS Springs : Tokico D-specs : MM CC Plates : Anthracite Shelby Torq-Thrust M 17x9 -- Falken RT615 275/40
R.Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #684
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Deleted
Ahhh, now I understand why you got a Reckless ticket.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit

Last edited by IMachU; 06-19-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #685
C-dub

how would one go about checking if there are any warrants out for them? without being hauled off in the event there is one? i found out the other day my license was suspended back in Sept 06 when my employers insurance agent checked my driving record. it was suspended by DMV do to lack of payment for the new York "you got a ticket" surcharge (slapped me with 6 points and pull my license). this is done though dmv and not the courts. the ticket and all court fees were paid 2 days after recieving the violation. i never knew i owed them money, never got a bill (yes issues at the P.O. too), my insurance agent never informed me, was even in a police station and had my license ran back in may (a lost/stolen cell phone for work) and still was never informed. I paid the $300 to DMV yesterday and got the suspension lifted, but would like to make sure I appease the local enforcers as well.

thanks
dub
Old 06-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #686
chrome&paint

Quote:
Deleted for attack on a member
uhh I dont remember attacking anyone?????
I was tellin a story
Old 06-23-2007, 01:56 PM   #687
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-dub View Post
how would one go about checking if there are any warrants out for them? without being hauled off in the event there is one? i found out the other day my license was suspended back in Sept 06 when my employers insurance agent checked my driving record. it was suspended by DMV do to lack of payment for the new York "you got a ticket" surcharge (slapped me with 6 points and pull my license). this is done though dmv and not the courts. the ticket and all court fees were paid 2 days after recieving the violation. i never knew i owed them money, never got a bill (yes issues at the P.O. too), my insurance agent never informed me, was even in a police station and had my license ran back in may (a lost/stolen cell phone for work) and still was never informed. I paid the $300 to DMV yesterday and got the suspension lifted, but would like to make sure I appease the local enforcers as well.

thanks
dub
Call the local PD

Old 06-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #688
IMachU
Super Moderator

You could also check with the court you originally paid your citation to. Call the court clerk...they should be able to help you out. If not, tell Paris Hilton I said "Hi!"

277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #689
WuD

scenario: me and the wife are on the road driving to alabama and an oncoming car is flashing their headlights franticly at us. i'm in the expedition pushing like 85 or 90 and decided to slow down, b/c normally we all no what the flashing lights means. as i approach the next overpass, i see an unmarked car sitting on the bridge. the driver is holding a laser/radar gun (not sure which one). by now i had slowed to the posted speed of 70. as i go under the overpass, i look to my right and on the entrance ramp are 8, yes 8, alabama state troopers with engines running in one straight line (charger in front). this was my wife's reaction followed by, "they can't do that!" 2 others had already caught someone ahead of me. can u say, SPEED TRAP

her question is, if the unmarked car gunned me above the limit, radios to the waiting car to get the black expedition, how can the officer who wrote the ticket prove that it was in fact me speeding when he wasn't the one who gunned me? does the law not state that if they didn't actually see u speeding they can't cite you for the violation?

let's say another black expedition (identical) was in the opposite lane, and miraculously we switched lanes under the overpass; what could or would they do then?

and let's say i pass under the overpass, to stop my vehicle, jump out, lift the hood and act as if something was wrong with the car. if i'm not behind the wheel when they get to me can they still right the ticket?
WuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #690
Starsky

Yes they can do that. Our tickets have a place for 2 officers...so the officer that clocked you and the officer that stopped you would likely be listed on the ticket. And a lot of What if scenarios could be stated, and thats what judges are for. You could tell your scenario to the judge and see if it flys
03 Torch Red Auto #451655
Mods:

MGW interior trinkets
"281" hood graphics
Visus Louvers, "Mustang" inserts
Tint, JbL Tweeters
side roof panel emblems
MRT H PIPE MAGNAFLOW CATBACK
MRT BLACK CHROME ROLLED TIPS
stars and stripes pony
Mach 1 Scuff Plate
MGW Auto "T" handle,
4.6 hi performance emblems
Honeycomb trunk panels
AFS 17X9's on rear
SCT chip
4.10 FMS gears
C&L complete intake setup
Starsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #691
WuD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
Yes they can do that. Our tickets have a place for 2 officers...so the officer that clocked you and the officer that stopped you would likely be listed on the ticket. And a lot of What if scenarios could be stated, and thats what judges are for. You could tell your scenario to the judge and see if it flys
well i was sure of that. i tried to explain to her that if it was illegal or if their argument in court had no real basis, they wouldn't have set up such an operation.
WuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:54 PM   #692
noob

After you retire do you get to still carry a gun into public places where cops can, but civilians w/ only permits can't. Like schools ect.... (not that you would want to take one into a school but i couldn't think of another example.)
noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #693
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post
After you retire do you get to still carry a gun into public places where cops can, but civilians w/ only permits can't. Like schools ect.... (not that you would want to take one into a school but i couldn't think of another example.)
According to H.R. 218 they can, they just have to re-qualify with a weapon every so often just like when they were active. As for schools it depends on the area, some states have laws that allow off duty police to carry on school grounds, some states the only way you are allowed to carry on school grounds is if you are on duty. Govt Buildings are another area that is at the individual states discretion, once you are retired HR 218 basically allows you to carry like you were off duty so if your govt building only allow officers on official duty to carry inside then the same will go for the retiree.

HR 218 not only allows for retired LEO to carry concealed it also allows for active off duty personnel to carry in all 50 states and US territories. It will even allow you to fly carrying a concealed weapon at the captain of the planes discretion; if he will allow it you can carry it.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #694
noob

Thanks I always wandered that.
noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:50 AM   #695
340.29_m/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT View Post
218 not only allows for retired LEO to carry concealed it also allows for active off duty personnel to carry in all 50 states and US territories. It will even allow you to fly carrying a concealed weapon at the captain of the planes discretion; if he will allow it you can carry it.

If the captain of the plane says no, then what do you do with your sidearm? Do you have to check it?
340.29_m/s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:51 AM   #696
IMachU
Super Moderator

Unload it, place it in a hard-sided, locked case, and stow it in the belly of the plane with the rest of the luggage.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:23 AM   #697
340.29_m/s

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMachU View Post
Unload it, place it in a hard-sided, locked case, and stow it in the belly of the plane with the rest of the luggage.

What good is it in the cargo hold if all hell breaks loose on the plane? I think that it should still be accessible somehow, in the event it's needed. It should atleast be secured somewhere in the cockpit.
340.29_m/s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #698
IMachU
Super Moderator

The pilots have their own guns. That's the main reason why they don't want more guns on the plane. It's easier to control the situation if you don't have all the passengers unloading at one irate passenger.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:07 AM   #699
04VAMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340.29_m/s View Post
What good is it in the cargo hold if all hell breaks loose on the plane? I think that it should still be accessible somehow, in the event it's needed. It should atleast be secured somewhere in the cockpit.
Well, it is the same place that my firearm goes if I want to travel with it. The airlines all have different rules, but the TSA allows me to transport my unloaded firearm in a locked hard case in my checked baggage. Having additional firearms in the cabin and cockpit are opportunities for terrorists and the intent of the TSA is to limit those opportunities.

A plane is a dangerous place to have a firearm. If you miss, you may damage the integrity of the plane and lose cabin pressure, which would be very bad. The pilot keeps his firearm in a small lock box in the cockpit. That would be the only appropriate place to secure a firearm on the plane and it is not likely to be large enough to store more than one. Besides, a good officer is probably pretty resourceful.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #700
01TruBluGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
A plane is a dangerous place to have a firearm. If you miss, you may damage the integrity of the plane and lose cabin pressure, which would be very bad. The pilot keeps his firearm in a small lock box in the cockpit. That would be the only appropriate place to secure a firearm on the plane and it is not likely to be large enough to store more than one. Besides, a good officer is probably pretty resourceful.
That is true, I have acctually heard of instances where the Captian has refused to let officers carry firearms on board while transporting a prisioner. I know a friend of mine is LEO and he had to take a class before he went to do a prisioner transport. The put him in one of thoes simulators where you fire at the screen, there were like 5 people you had to shoot without hitting anything else to pass. There was also a couple of hours of classroom training.

What I don't understand is the Federal Air Marshall Service carries .357sig. That is a pretty strong round to be shooting in a closed in space. Wonder if they use Magsafe ammo or some other type of frangible ammo???
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote