2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:41 AM   #901
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
And who'd have guessed the 07 would finish 7th on 07/07/07!?!
Thats some of your vewdoo majic ain't it!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #902
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

[QUOTE=falcongtho3;820272And who'd have guessed the 07 would finish 7th on 07/07/07!?!

[/QUOTE]

That's just crazy!!!!

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #903
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL View Post
That was an awesome finish! Atleast it was not one of yloponys boys!!

Your right about one thing there. Kyle Busch may be part of Hendricks but he's not one of my boys. Can't stand the guy. A big congrats to Jamie McMurray. I like the guy. And Carl Edwards as well. In fact, I like the Roush team, it's just that I've liked Gordon ever since he came on. And whether you like him or not, he has helped to make Nascar as popular as it is today.

But hey, Jeff Gordon once again squeezed out a top 5 and was right there for a chance to win. If Johnson or Mears wouldn't have faded at the end, Gordon may have had the car to steal a win with some team support.

After the race there was an excellent documentary on Jeff Gordon. Even if you hate the guy, if you saw that you would even have to admit the work he does off the track. The amount of time he spends with extremly ill children and the Jeff Gordon foundation is incredible. That and the numorous other charities that he is involved with and donates to.

Another footnote on Gordon. They also talked about his relationship with Dale Sr. Once again the Earnhardt fans don't want to hear that their preceived idea that Earnhardt hated and despised Gordon is absolute BS.

Not hard to figure out who my favorite driver is. And I could care less that his neck is not red,tucks his shirt in, don't scratch his balls in public, speaks without drawl, and would rather drink bottled water or wine than Coke with peanuts or Budweiser out of a can. And for his so called gayness not a bad looking guy he married and had a child with.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #904
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Rock Hudson was married, too. And there's always artificial insemination.:OOPS:

I did enjoy the small part of 24X24 that I did see, and it is a good look inside the world of a NASCAR driver we rarely see. Gordon seems to really take command in the testing and that is an important part of a good driver/team.

I think I'm finally starting to warm up to Kyle after last night, and yesterday mornings, performance. I'd really like to be in on the next Hendricks team meeting. Listening to the announcers after the race, they siad outright what so many know and won't say: that Busch is the team outcast, and that is due to circumstances not of his making and that he has no team/friends on the track and won't for the rest of the year. If he makes the chase, and that is a stong possibility, it won't be due to the help of any of the drivers who share the same team name that he drives under. Class act, that.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #905
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post
And for his so called gayness not a bad looking guy he married and had a child with.
I think this all started because they called themselves "The Rainbow Warriors" I think that was a big misstake. Their paint sceme they had when they came to Winston Cup didn't help either. He did do a lot for the sport and I agree, NASCAR wouldn't be where it is today without him. Earnhardt fans don't like him because he's on the verge of breaking all of Sr's records. I hope he does cause I didn't like how Earnhardt raced anyway. He raced too dirty and he wouldn't get away with that now if he was still aound. Again, he was an Earnhardt so he might of.

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 07-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #906
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
I think this all started because they called themselves "The Rainbow Warriors" I think that was a big misstake. Their paint sceme they had when they came to Winston Cup didn't help either. He did do a lot for the sport and I agree, NASCAR wouldn't be where it is today without him. Earnhardt fans don't like him because he's on the verge of breaking all of Sr's records. I hope he does cause I didn't like how Earnhardt raced anyway. He raced too dirty and he wouldn't get away with that now if he was still aound. Again, he was an Earnhardt so he might of.

Funny that when ESPN did the show Ultimate NASCAR and bio'd the top 20 drivers ---- Dale Sr was #1. There's not one driver that has called Sr a dirty driver and got away with it. He was tough but fair. If you're in front of him and slower, the choice was your's --- move or be moved.

When you ask modern era drivers who they would most like to win racing against???? The first name you always hear is Dale Sr, Gordon is also mentioned and I think there are very different reasons for those names. They're frustrated and flat beaten by Gordon but they feared Big E. He would get in your head and very few drivers could deal with it.

I reject the notion that Big E got special treatment from NASCAR, he was given respect for his leadership. No need to debate these names because ESPN got their top 20 way wrong.

Joe Weatherly
David Pearson
Richard Petty
Cale Yarborough
Glenn Roberts
Bobby Allison
Tim Flock
and yes Jeff Gordon
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #907
G
Undocumented Member

Check out the ESPN schedule starting 23 July in the link below, some excellent topics.

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/index....=show&id=40386
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM   #908
ylopony

Quote:
Rock Hudson was married, too. And there's always artificial insemination.:OOPS:

I did enjoy the small part of 24X24 that I did see, and it is a good look inside the world of a NASCAR driver we rarely see. Gordon seems to really take command in the testing and that is an important part of a good driver/team.

I think I'm finally starting to warm up to Kyle after last night, and yesterday mornings, performance. I'd really like to be in on the next Hendricks team meeting. Listening to the announcers after the race, they siad outright what so many know and won't say: that Busch is the team outcast, and that is due to circumstances not of his making and that he has no team/friends on the track and won't for the rest of the year. If he makes the chase, and that is a stong possibility, it won't be due to the help of any of the drivers who share the same team name that he drives under. Class act, that.

Rock portrayed himself as a tough guy mans man. Same image that JR. portrays. Hmm, he's single, he lived with another Nascar driver in the same apartment. Perhaps JR. is gay. LOL(J/K)

Kyle Busch is not liked for the same reason that his brother, and Juan Montoya are not liked. They are reckless, hot headed, don't have concept for team, and are self serving and centered. A real shame because both of the Busch's have great talent. But great talent don't make a great driver. Until they can control themselves they'll never achieve their potential as drivers.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:29 PM   #909
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Rock portrayed himself as a tough guy mans man. Same image that JR. portrays. Hmm, he's single, he lived with another Nascar driver in the same apartment. Perhaps JR. is gay. LOL(J/K)

Kyle Busch is not liked for the same reason that his brother, and Juan Montoya are not liked. They are reckless, hot headed, don't have concept for team, and are self serving and centered. A real shame because both of the Busch's have great talent. But great talent don't make a great driver. Until they can control themselves they'll never achieve their potential as drivers.
For your own protection --- don't go saying stuff like that about Jr in the infield at Talladega --- those folks are crazy
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #910
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
For your own protection --- don't go saying stuff like that about Jr in the infield at Talladega --- those folks are crazy

I've been at Talladega, I put my life at risk by wearing a #24 cap. I think the only thing that spared me was that I was also wearing an Earnhardt t-shirt.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #911
04VAMach1

Quote:
When did the topic switch to Tony Stewart?
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #912
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
When did the topic switch to Tony Stewart?
How could I forget Tony Stewart.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #913
birdman941
Torque wins!

Earnhardt Sr. was known as "Ironhead" before the marketing farce
known as "The Intimidator".
He could not pass anyone without hitting them or putting them into the wall.
This is why I think Jr. is a much better driver than his daddy ever was.
He was also an alcoholic.
Sr. was at a local Chebby dealership in 91 or so,
and a buddy of mine allegedly went to get an autograph.
(More on that for another time)
My buddy said he smelled of hard liquor.
Witness the race at Darlington, where on the pace lap,
"Ironhead" went and hit the wall.
Ever wonder why?

5.4 32V NA
Streetable 404/387 26.56 MPG

"I don't like repeat offenders,
I like DEAD offenders" Ted Nugent

"A big engine hardly working is more efficient
than a little engine screaming its head off" Jay Leno
birdman941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #914
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
How could I forget Tony Stewart.
I'm sure his team mate hasn't. Stewart punted him real good, like it was the last lap...not that that would be a good excuse...

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 07-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #915
ylopony

Quote:
I'm sure his team mate hasn't. Stewart punted him real good, like it was the last lap...not that that would be a good excuse...
Your not kidding there. And he was an even bigger idiot with his comments after the race about his teammate.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #916
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Finally watched the race on DVR (had to pick my Mom up at the airport last night d'oh) and have to say that was one hell of a great race. Wreck fest and a photo finish?!? WOW!! About frickin' time I watched an exciting race!

I'm normally a Tony supporter (not a fan per se but I like his enthusiasm) but that was not Denny's fault and to blame him for the wreck was idiotic. Sure Denny checked up but that's because Tony took the air out from under him and he lost grip---duh!

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #917
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
Earnhardt Sr. was known as "Ironhead" before the marketing farce
known as "The Intimidator".
He could not pass anyone without hitting them or putting them into the wall.
This is why I think Jr. is a much better driver than his daddy ever was.
He was also an alcoholic.
Sr. was at a local Chebby dealership in 91 or so,
and a buddy of mine allegedly went to get an autograph.
(More on that for another time)
My buddy said he smelled of hard liquor.
Witness the race at Darlington, where on the pace lap,
"Ironhead" went and hit the wall.
Ever wonder why?
These rumors are as true as Gordon being gay and Bill Clinton really being Elvis. Dale Sr probably had a time or two when he drank to excess, he was not a drunk. He was one of the most courageous drivers to ever strap on a car and one of the most talented as well. He walked the walk and backed up any challenge put before him. He is considered the greatest ever by many and they have good reason to feel that way.

Frankly the rumors after the Darlington race in 97 were pretty bad but they didn't involve drugs or alcohol. He overcame whatever it was and raced with great success until his death.

It's ok to not like Dale Sr or NASCAR in general but we should stick to the facts. Folks love and respect Big E for a reason, he wasn't the King but he was the man.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 PM   #918
G
Undocumented Member

No words needed!!!

2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-08-2007, 11:56 PM   #919
birdman941
Torque wins!

I know what my buddy told me after he returned from the autograph session.
I have no reason to doubt what he told me.

5.4 32V NA

Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 AM   #920
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
I know what my buddy told me after he returned from the autograph session.
I have no reason to doubt what he told me.
I'm not saying it didn't happen but if it did that was a rare moment.

It's not worth debating because there is NO proof and to tell you the truth an autograph session may cause me to take a drink too. A physical exam cleared him to race again after Darlington and his autopsy showed no sign of alcoholism. He was in great health all organs were unremarkable and totally clean tox report.

I thought he was a good man and can't imagine my mind being changed at this point.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-09-2007, 07:11 AM   #921
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
Finally watched the race on DVR (had to pick my Mom up at the airport last night d'oh) and have to say that was one hell of a great race. Wreck fest and a photo finish?!? WOW!! About frickin' time I watched an exciting race!
Very exciting! I have to say that for the last 5 or 6 laps I was literally on the edge of my seat (couch)! This race delivered excitement that I haven't seen in a long time...and we need the COT, why?

11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
Old 07-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #922
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Quote:
I reject the notion that Big E got special treatment from NASCAR, he was given respect for his leadership.
Don't get me wrong. I don't feel he got special treatment back then but if he were racing a couple of years back from now, let's say like in 2004 or so, he probably would have. The same way Jr. was getting away with stuff that he shouldn't have. I don't believe that is happening now though. NOT EVEN WITH HENDRICKS!!!!! I just think that if big E. were still alive and racing like he was, he would have lost a lot of respect from drivers just because he raced so dirty back then. Look at all the talk from this past race even. When Stewart took out Hamlin. Everybody says he's an idiot(including myself) but that is how big E. raced all the time. I just don't think it would be tolerated now days and he wouldn't be as succesful as he was.

Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
Old 07-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #923
birdman941
Torque wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
Don't get me wrong. I don't feel he got special treatment back then but if he were racing a couple of years back from now, let's say like in 2004 or so, he probably would have. The same way Jr. was getting away with stuff that he shouldn't have. I don't believe that is happening now though. NOT EVEN WITH HENDRICKS!!!!! I just think that if big E. were still alive and racing like he was, he would have lost a lot of respect from drivers just because he raced so dirty back then. Look at all the talk from this past race even. When Stewart took out Hamlin. Everybody says he's an idiot(including myself) but that is how big E. raced all the time. I just don't think it would be tolerated now days and he wouldn't be as succesful as he was.

Ironhead got away with a lot of stuff that today would not be tolerated.
Even when he did it, no one else was able to get away with it.

5.4 32V NA

Old 07-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #924
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:

Ironhead got away with a lot of stuff that today would not be tolerated.
Even when he did it, no one else was able to get away with it.
Name something?????

You guys forget about so many drivers when you say Dale was over aggressive or a dirty driver. It's so easy to forget the amazing things he did with a race car.

ALL of these guys had that dirty driver label at one time. Some retain that reputation!!!!

Jeff Gordon, Shane Hmiel (banned for life), Darrell Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, Junior Johnson, Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd (a very feared driver, he will get even), Geoffrey Bodine, Ernie Irvan, Tim Richmond, Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Darel Dieringer, Kyle Busch, Bobby Hamilton, Robby Gordon, Ricky Craven, Jimmy Spencer, Curtis Turner, Juan Pablo Montoya (OMG), Buckshot Jones, Bill Dennis, "Terrible" Tommy Ellis, Jack Ingram, Don Whittington, Kenny Irwin Jr, Rob Moroso, and even the King Richard Petty.
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #925
birdman941
Torque wins!

Quote:
Name something?????

You guys forget about so many drivers when you say Dale was over aggressive or a dirty driver. It's so easy to forget the amazing things he did with a race car.

ALL of these guys had that dirty driver label at one time. Some retain that reputation!!!!

Jeff Gordon, Shane Hmiel (banned for life), Darrell Waltrip, Rusty Wallace, Junior Johnson, Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd (a very feared driver, he will get even), Geoffrey Bodine, Ernie Irvan, Tim Richmond, Greg Biffle, Kevin Harvick, Darel Dieringer, Kyle Busch, Bobby Hamilton, Robby Gordon, Ricky Craven, Jimmy Spencer, Curtis Turner, Juan Pablo Montoya (OMG), Buckshot Jones, Bill Dennis, "Terrible" Tommy Ellis, Jack Ingram, Don Whittington, Kenny Irwin Jr, Rob Moroso, and even the King Richard Petty.
Changing a tire on the exit of pit road after it fell off.
That's between pit road and the track.
No penalty was handed down.
If ASSCAR had deemed that act against the rules,
WHICH IT MOST CERTAINLY WAS,
The #6 would have been the Champion.
It was the same year that ASSCAR screwed Mark Martin
out of a Championship for a spacer that was bolted on instead of being welded.
Need more?

5.4 32V NA