2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 AM   #751
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylopony View Post

Jr joining Hedricks, this is like Mrs. Hatfield jumping in the sack with Mr. Mccoy
Or like Mark Martin drivin' a cheby

I would like to welcome all the Jr fans to our world. At least your guy didn't change makes, imagine how that would have went over!!
1988 White LX 5.0 Convertible SOLD
2000 White Taurus SE 3.0 SOLD
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
2002 Harley F150 5.4 Supercharged
2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 4.6 DOHC
2003 Lincoln Town Car 4.6 SOHC
2011 Infiniti G37xS 3.7 DOHC
03mach69mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #752
04VAMach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pic18 View Post
Imagine a talented dirver in the 5 car who isn't going to wreck it every race. This will make for a really cool team t-shirt!
You mean like Terry Labonte?
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:23 AM   #753
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

Will my friend was big JR fan but not now he is sale all JR stuff on EBAY. This is end of NASCAR has we know it.
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
02mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #754
FEARED
USN

Now that ive been thinking, i think this might start a riot in the stands at some races...
FEARED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #755
pic18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
You mean like Terry Labonte?
Terry stepped out and was realisticly uncompetetive for the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I like Terry. But, Kyle stepped in, and all of a sudden the car was fast. I'm just saying the equipment is obviously good, now they have a driver who's competetive and can finish races.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red
2011 Z71 Silverado
pic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:09 PM   #756
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03mach69mach View Post
Or like Mark Martin drivin' a cheby

I would like to welcome all the Jr fans to our world. At least your guy didn't change makes, imagine how that would have went over!!
Give Mark a break. They threw a ton of money at him and he gets to choose which races he's in. That's a hell of a good deal and it's not like Roush wasn't given first dibs...and he did race a complete extra season for him! Martin is a class act all the way and I admire the way he wants to slowly fade away into the sunset. If he could do it with an extra few million bucks in his pocket more power to him.

BTW, my opinion differs with Dale Jarrett. He took a bunch of money as a hired gun but NASCAR actually made a good decision and limited the number of champion provisionals he could use. Retirement has never been mentioned and he never shopped himself around like Mark did....

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #757
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony04 View Post
Give Mark a break. They threw a ton of money at him and he gets to choose which races he's in. That's a hell of a good deal and it's not like Roush wasn't given first dibs...and he did race a complete extra season for him! Martin is a class act all the way and I admire the way he wants to slowly fade away into the sunset. If he could do it with an extra few million bucks in his pocket more power to him.

Class act and a good driver. Wish the rest of the field would study Marks ways.
Azure Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #758
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZURE GIRL View Post

I agree about Mark. I also have no problem with him going to Chevy. The only exception would have been to a Toyota like Jarrett did.

Speaking of Jarrett. Rumor is he and UPS are not happy(no surprise) and are thinking of leaving their contract with team Waltrip.

And for those Earnhardt fans who have jumped ship and now dispise him, in my opinion you weren't a true fan of his if you are going to jeer him now because he joined a class organization in Hendricks. And I'm sorry the whining that Hendricks is an ex con who was paroled by a good ole boy president isn't going to cut it. The man treats his drivers, team, and friends with class.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:43 PM   #759
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
I'm in agreement as well. The only other driver that I felt sad about abandoning the Ford pits but still felt was a driver worth rooting for was Bill Elliott. When he went to the Dodge(Dark?) side of the garage I wasn't happy, but I didn't feel any less of a fan of his. Same way about Mark. Too few class acts left, in any sport not just NASCAR. The idea that sports figures can be role models is one I can agree with, as long as the person carries himself as one and honors those who look up to him/them. Those are two drivers I can say are deserving...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:55 AM   #760
02mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
I'm in agreement as well. The only other driver that I felt sad about abandoning the Ford pits but still felt was a driver worth rooting for was Bill Elliott. When he went to the Dodge(Dark?) side of the garage I wasn't happy, but I didn't feel any less of a fan of his. Same way about Mark. Too few class acts left, in any sport not just NASCAR. The idea that sports figures can be role models is one I can agree with, as long as the person carries himself as one and honors those who look up to him/them. Those are two drivers I can say are deserving...
Bill is driving for Wood Brothers now
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
AIM Shows
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
Old 06-15-2007, 05:04 AM   #761
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I saw an old 60 Minutes episode tonight on the CMT channel that was on Earnhardt Jr. . During one part of the interview he said quote "I'd rather be on a mediocre team with people I know and care about (DEI at the time in 2004 when he was sucking) than win championships on a team I don't know and could care less about". Hmmmm, I guess he's changed his priorites now.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:34 AM   #762
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Mark & Bill were with Ford for thier entire career. Then, for whatever reason, they both bolted. At least you can say that Jr. is loyal, cause he only considered the Chevy teams. Winning is maybe a good reason to forgo all your loyalties, but not $$. Leaving a team for $$ in the twilight of your career may leave you with money, but not me as your fan. To Mark & Bill, Enjoy the cash, hope it buys you alot of what you are looking for. To me, it was as sad a day to hear that Mark would leave for a Chevy and Bill for a Dodge as the day I heard Davy had been killed or the morning that I heard that Alan had died. To all you newcomer NASCAR fans, I am refering to two of the finest drivers in NASCAr, Davy Allison & Alan Kulwicki.
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #763
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
But then nobody would be champion.

:LAUGH: Just kidding, I completely agree. I think the only other driver out there that can match Martin's class and docility would be Bobby Labonte. Nothing negative to say about either one of them.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
machths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:38 AM   #764
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Mark & Bill were with Ford for thier entire career. Then, for whatever reason, they both bolted. At least you can say that Jr. is loyal, cause he only considered the Chevy teams. Winning is maybe a good reason to forgo all your loyalties, but not $$. Leaving a team for $$ in the twilight of your career may leave you with money, but not me as your fan. To Mark & Bill, Enjoy the cash, hope it buys you alot of what you are looking for. To me, it was as sad a day to hear that Mark would leave for a Chevy and Bill for a Dodge as the day I heard Davy had been killed or the morning that I heard that Alan had died. To all you newcomer NASCAR fans, I am refering to two of the finest drivers in NASCAr, Davy Allison & Alan Kulwicki.

I totally agree with the last part of your comments. I'll throw in Adam Petty as well, not so much as for him being a force in the series, but as member of an admired family with the potential of being a champion.
As far as Mark and Bill jumping ship, I won't say I was happy about them leaving the blue oval contengent. Mark was suppoed to retire (again), and I'm not so sure it was a $ driven motivation for him to make the surprise move. For Bill (and we'll look past his Chevy drives of recent), I think he was motivated more by the challenge of a new team, new manufacturer (Dodge), and the possibility of (probably) having either his own team or at least a level of involvement that went beyond driving; management, training, etc., that drove him.
Very glad to see him n the Wood Bros. Ford.

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #765
ylopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
I saw an old 60 Minutes episode tonight on the CMT channel that was on Earnhardt Jr. . During one part of the interview he said quote "I'd rather be on a mediocre team with people I know and care about (DEI at the time in 2004 when he was sucking) than win championships on a team I don't know and could care less about". Hmmmm, I guess he's changed his priorites now.
I guess you don't know the history of Hendricks and Earnhardt. Dale Sr. actually drove for Hendricks before. And JR. has known Hendricks since he was a kid. He has been close to the Hendricks family. Dale JR. is not joining a team that he does not know or care less about. The Earnhardt-Hendricks familes have been close for years.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #766
weaver
mustangs rule

Quote:
And for those Earnhardt fans who have jumped ship and now dispise him, in my opinion you weren't a true fan of his if you are going to jeer him now because he joined a class organization in Hendricks. And I'm sorry the whining that Hendricks is an ex con who was paroled by a good ole boy president isn't going to cut it. The man treats his drivers, team, and friends with class.
Agreed! I have been a true Earnhardt Sr./Jr. fan forever and couldn't imagine not pulling for Jr. simply because he is going to Hendricks. Hendricks and Earnhardts have a long time relationship that many have no idea about. I can't wait to see Jr. get over the ordeal with DEI ownership, Teresa and dealing with Eury Jr. as crew cheif. He needs this change in his career.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #767
04VAMach1

Quote:
Do you realize that Mark Martin started in Winston Cup in 81 driving a Monte Carlo? He drove a few races for several seasons and just couldn't find a good ride. Jack Roush asked him to drive for his first Winston Cup team in 88 and that was his first Ford.

Martin is a race car driver, plain and simple. He doesn't care what it is, he just enjoys racing. That's why he's been so successful in so many types of racing. Unfortunately the demands on his schedule made it so that he just couldn't enjoy racing, so he decided to make a change. He doesn't need the money, he just wanted a way to get back to what he enjoys.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #768
03mach69mach
Ford Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
Do you realize that Mark Martin started in Winston Cup in 81 driving a Monte Carlo? He drove a few races for several seasons and just couldn't find a good ride. Jack Roush asked him to drive for his first Winston Cup team in 88 and that was his first Ford.

Martin is a race car driver, plain and simple. He doesn't care what it is, he just enjoys racing. That's why he's been so successful in so many types of racing. Unfortunately the demands on his schedule made it so that he just couldn't enjoy racing, so he decided to make a change. He doesn't need the money, he just wanted a way to get back to what he enjoys.
Yes, I do realize he started in a Chevy. How did that work out....NOT TO GOOD! Lost his A@@ with that deal, bankrupt with all the cars, parts sold at auction and ended up back in ASA. His Winston Cup career began with Ford & Roush.

He may not need the money, but he took it and could have been like JR., looked for deals with Ford owners instead of the deal with Chevy. But NOOOOO, he bolts and forgets all the ties & loyalty with Ford & Roush. Do I sound bitter, He** yes. Sorry if my opinion bothers anyone, but I hope he hits the wall each week (Don't want him or any other driver injured, just out of the race in the first 50 laps).
2001 BMW 330i SOLD
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #769
machths
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Yes, I do realize he started in a Chevy. How did that work out....NOT TO GOOD! Lost his A@@ with that deal, bankrupt with all the cars, parts sold at auction and ended up back in ASA. His Winston Cup career began with Ford & Roush.

He may not need the money, but he took it and could have been like JR., looked for deals with Ford owners instead of the deal with Chevy. But NOOOOO, he bolts and forgets all the ties & loyalty with Ford & Roush. Do I sound bitter, He** yes. Sorry if my opinion bothers anyone, but I hope he hits the wall each week (Don't want him or any other driver injured, just out of the race in the first 50 laps).
He didn't jump ship, he sold his team to Ray Evernham, who in turn went to Dodge and then offered Bill a ride. Bill didn't enjoy being an owner and a driver, so he sold his team to someone so he could focus on driving. And seeing that Ray Evernham was considered one of the best crew chiefs out there at that time, I can't blame him. That would be exciting to be the premier driver of a brand new organization being run by one of the best in NASCAR. Give up an opportunity of a lifetime like that for brand loyalty? Yeah, I can see your point.

1996 Laser Red Cobra
machths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #770
02mach1

Will I just got home I just saw on Speed tv Roush is talking with Brush be one drivers for Roush?
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

AIM Shows
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
Old 06-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #771
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

I just want to see if the Jr. fans will still throw stuff on the track when Gordon wins. That is just so childish in my opinion. I'm not a Jr. fan but I bet he will do much better with Hendricks then he ever did with DEI. DEI has a lot of issues in teir orginization and Jr. knew it. I think it's a good thing he got out of there. I can see Jr. winning the championship coming within the next few years.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #772
G
Undocumented Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
I just want to see if the Jr. fans will still throw stuff on the track when Gordon wins. That is just so childish in my opinion. I'm not a Jr. fan but I bet he will do much better with Hendricks then he ever did with DEI. DEI has a lot of issues in teir orginization and Jr. knew it. I think it's a good thing he got out of there. I can see Jr. winning the championship coming within the next few years.

That's the commitment HMS had to make to get him.
1933 Ford 3W Coupe (4.6 dohc Stack Injection)
2003 Cobra TR (sold)
2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) in Black
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #773
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
I guess you don't know the history of Hendricks and Earnhardt. Dale Sr. actually drove for Hendricks before. And JR. has known Hendricks since he was a kid. He has been close to the Hendricks family. Dale JR. is not joining a team that he does not know or care less about. The Earnhardt-Hendricks familes have been close for years.
No, I did'nt know that. OK, let me change my answer to I could'nt really care less about them. My driver switched to Toyota so I have no favorite driver. I just watch bits and pieces of the races now.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #774
Azure Blurr
I miss my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by machths View Post
But then nobody would be champion.
:LAUGH:
Thats just mean!
Azure Blurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #775
Blackpony04
Free Thanks to the Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02mach1 View Post
Will I just got home I just saw on Speed tv Roush is talking with Brush be one drivers for Roush?
...at which time I will no longer be an official Roushketeer!! Word is Kyle has a far worse disposition than Kurt and with the big blow out between Jack and Kurt I just can't see this happening. Roush would be far better off trying to get Ryan Newman from Penske in 08 in my opinion (and then I can wear my Ryan Newman Ford jacket from his rookie season again! And yes it still fits...I was fat then too!).

Recovering Mach Addict
Blackpony04 is offline   Reply With Quote