2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #851
acreature
You are freaking out....

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
Okay - here's my question to the police officers out there. If you pull somebody over, run their info, and find out there is a warrant for their arrest for unpaid tickets/no insurance, motor vehicle paperwork stuff, do you have any discretion about letting them go, even with a warrant being issued??
Usually, the warrant will read, "Shall arrest..." which is a mandatory arrest, per se. You'll find some laws that specify, "May arrest..."

I have never let someone go on a warrant that was found out about during a traffic stop.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #852
Apollo240
12's

Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts?

lol j/k

Current: Ls1 Corvette
Apollo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #853
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by machster04 View Post
isnt't it manditory lock up for going over 100mph? Yeah i bet you would, some cops are cool some ain't and sometimes they just like writing tickets for misdemanors or an infractions for jaywalking or ****ing with bums when they have nothing better to do at 430am
No it isn't mandatory.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #854
SexyMach1
M1R's local hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo240 View Post
Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Doughnuts?

lol j/k

If I was a cop, I would live at Krispy Kreme! No lie!

- Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
- Authentic Saleen wheels (18")
- UPR o/r X-pipe
- Borla Stinger catback
- 5% tint
- Shorty antenna
- Sequential turn signals
- 5sp w/ MGW short throw shifter
- FRPP shifter knob (brushed aluminum insert)
SexyMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #855
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyMach1 View Post
Yeah, but then you wouldn't be 'SexyMach1'...at least not for long...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 AM   #856
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyMach1 View Post
Im more of a DD guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Yeah, but then you wouldn't be 'SexyMach1'...at least not for long...

LOL technically SexyMach1 means the car is sexy..that wont change. As for the driver...lol

Im just kidding sexymach1

Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #857
SexyMach1
M1R's local hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo240 View Post
Im more of a DD guy.

LOL technically SexyMach1 means the car is sexy..that wont change. As for the driver...lol

Im just kidding sexymach1

HAHA ya'll are prolly right!

- Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
- Authentic Saleen wheels (18")
- UPR o/r X-pipe
- Borla Stinger catback
- 5% tint
- Shorty antenna
- Sequential turn signals
- 5sp w/ MGW short throw shifter
- FRPP shifter knob (brushed aluminum insert)
SexyMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #858
Berzerk
Sporadic Poster

A question about traffic signs...

Here in PA I've seen some signs & wonder why are there 2? First there is the "No turn on red" sign, self-explanatory. Then there are the ones that say "Wait for green".

Whats the point of the "Wait for Green" signs? Nobody pays attention to them. If you're supposed to wait for green, why not just post "No turn on red"?

Is it technically "ticketable" for turning with a "Wait for green" sign posted?
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #859
fjt226
Hooked on Mach

In most jurisdictions there is a position of "Traffic Engineer" whose purpose is to decide/design roads and such and the signs that go on them. I have found in my jurisdiction that these people design on a piece of paper and quite often never visit the site to see exactly what is the effect of their hard work. In fact, I once reported to a traffic engineer that he had a road stripped so that opposing on-coming traffic would end up in the same lane thereby possibly causing a collison. I am sure most of them are good folks and know their job but they sometimes do strange things making it difficult for those of us enforcing the law, to do the right thing.

08 Shelby GT 500, 6 sp, Vapor Clearcoat Metallic
04 Mach 1, Screaming Yellow, 5 sp, IUP
70 Mach 1, R model, 428CJ, 4 sp
70 Mach 1, current project, 351 Ford Racing Crate Motor, 4sp

Oh yeah, and
05 Excursion
99 Ranger

Former rides:
03 Mach 1, DSG Met, 5sp, IUP
66 Mustang, White, 289, auto
00 Expedition
79 F-350 Supercab
Among others
fjt226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #860
Quixotis
The Hammer of the Gods

So, hypothetically speaking, if someone were to be moving to, let's say, Washington DC, and gets a speeding ticket while driving through another state like, let's say, Kansas, what might be the repercussions of ignoring the ticket - hypothetically speaking

Official Member of M.A.C.H.
Quixotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #861
fjt226
Hooked on Mach

Most states have an "Interstate Compact" of some type with neighboring, if not all, of the other states. This means that the hypothetically received ticket is in a database somewhere that is accessible to, or given to, the other states. The common example is a DUI arrest, which is readily accessed by other states than the one in which it occurs.

So, given your example, you get a ticket in Kansas, and don't handle the citation and it goes to a warrant of arrest for failure to appear, the next time you went to renew your license, or got a new license in another state, if that state shares information with Kansas, you would probably have some difficulty in getting your new or renewed license. In fact, under the right circumstances, it would be theoretically possible that you could be arrested on the spot for the outstanding warrant.

08 Shelby GT 500, 6 sp, Vapor Clearcoat Metallic
04 Mach 1, Screaming Yellow, 5 sp, IUP
70 Mach 1, R model, 428CJ, 4 sp
70 Mach 1, current project, 351 Ford Racing Crate Motor, 4sp

Oh yeah, and
05 Excursion
99 Ranger

Former rides:
03 Mach 1, DSG Met, 5sp, IUP
66 Mustang, White, 289, auto
00 Expedition
79 F-350 Supercab
Among others
fjt226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #862
Quixotis
The Hammer of the Gods

Thanks, I figured such - darn technology But it's not like I wouldn't have paid it anyway; I earned it... hypothetically speaking

Cheers

Official Member of M.A.C.H.
Quixotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #863
grapony

Here's my question. If I get pulled over and I've got my pistol in the car with we should I tell the officer I have it? I've got an unrestricted pistol license so I'm legal. I got pulled over last Sat for a seatbelt and I had my glock 22 and 100 rds of ammo in the front floorboard. The officer didn't notice it. He asked me for DL and I gave it to him and I thought about handing him my pistol license also. Thoughts anyone?
#4747 of 7182
grapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #864
04VAMach1

I've always been told to let the officer know that it's in the vehicle as you are handing over your license (and I include my CCW)...let them decide how to proceed from there. They usually react better if you tell them about it than if they notice it on their own.
04VAMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:23 PM   #865
Nodrama43

your state law should specify the proper procedure. In Ohio when I pull you over you are required to immediatly notify me. If you don't do so you can be arrested, your CCW invalidated, and your firearm confiscated. (not that this always happens)

IF you have a weapon in the car, calmly explain to the Officer that you have a CCW permit and are in possession of a firearm. I usually secure the weapon until my business with you is over. If you are polite I probably won't mind that you were at 6800 rpm in 3rd gear... :THUMBSUP:

drive safely and wear your seatbelt !
Nodrama43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #866
mach one NY
FASTR THAN A SPDN BULLITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapony View Post
Here's my question. If I get pulled over and I've got my pistol in the car with we should I tell the officer I have it? I've got an unrestricted pistol license so I'm legal. I got pulled over last Sat for a seatbelt and I had my glock 22 and 100 rds of ammo in the front floorboard. The officer didn't notice it. He asked me for DL and I gave it to him and I thought about handing him my pistol license also. Thoughts anyone?
As long as its 100 % legal telling him should be the FIRST thing out of your mouth. For your saftey as well as his.

"Thats not a BLOWER...Thats my WIFE !"

OTHER CARS OF INTEREST:

1987 Ford Mustang GT SOLD
1985 Jeep CJ 7 Laredo STOLEN
1974 Chevy Nova SS SOLD
1964 Mercury Comet Caliente STOLEN

I think there is a pattern here...
mach one NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #867
Apollo240
12's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach one NY View Post
As long as its 100 % legal telling him should be the FIRST thing out of your mouth. For your saftey as well as his.
100 rounds They need a SWAT team to give you a ticket

Old 11-08-2008, 11:58 PM   #868
toad
the Night Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapony View Post
In Texas, as a CHL holder you must inform the officer and give him both your Concealed Handgun License and your drivers license. He will ask where the weapon is. On his discretion he can ask you to give it to him, ask where it is and retrieve it himself, or tell you to leave it where it is. I have had all three happen.
SY Mach1|FRPP 4:10 gears|Kenny Brown welded subframe connectors|BMR upper/lower Control Arms|PHP intake spacer|MAFIA MAF extender|Procharger P1SC-2|KOOKs Longtubes|KOOKs catted X|Borla STINGER cat-back|Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW handle/MRT Yellow ball|26 spl PMP/T3650|Performance Cobra clutch|Fidanza/Anderson aluminum flywheel|MM quadrant/adjuster
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #869
Troll

Feel like I need to take driver's ed again...

When I lived in NC, it was common for traffic lights to have red right turn arrows (usually when there were multiple right turn lanes side-by-side). It was also common for people to turn right on a red arrow. Is this legal? Maybe only in NC? What about turning right from the outside (left) right turn lane?

Wish I had a diagram for this one--There's an intersection by my house where I turn right to get to the freeway. Half the time, the drivers across the street who have a prominent "left turn yield on green" sign try to run me over as I turn right. If I recall correctly, a right turn is supposed to be made into the closest lane; only in a left turn can you choose which lane you end up in. If that's the case, can you turn left into the left lane while somebody else is making a right turn, or are these people really all as dumb as they look? Does this question make any sense?

If you've ever pulled someone over for not yielding in a left turn, what excuses do they give?
Old 11-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #870
WhiteautoMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
My mother is a moderator (guess it runs in the family) on a sewing forum

That is so funny! I never knew there was a sewing forum!
'03 Automatic. No silencer, K&N FIPK, 3450# race weight, drag radials, cat back, custom tune, alum. driveshaft, intake spacer, raised scoop, underdrive pulleys, larger subframe connectors, synthetic engine oil, removed front sway bar, battery to trunk, 2.06 60', 12.99 @ 107.4
WhiteautoMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:45 PM   #871
shadowone
Mach This

i have a question to a cop. i work for a company in which they perform yearly dmv reports. i already have a ticket of 96 in a 55 on my record. i just got another ticket for an illegal left hand turn. i have heard that if you pay the ticket on time it doesnt go on your record. is this true or not?
AFS 17x10.5 Wheels out back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Custom CAI
Steeda tri-ax shifter
Flowmaster 40's
UPR X-pipe
Diablo Sport Tuner
shadowone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #872
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowone View Post
i have a question to a cop. i work for a company in which they perform yearly dmv reports. i already have a ticket of 96 in a 55 on my record. i just got another ticket for an illegal left hand turn. i have heard that if you pay the ticket on time it doesnt go on your record. is this true or not?
Prepaying any ticket is a guilty plea. The only convictions that typically do not show on Driving Records are non-moving violations.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #873
MRS.SHKR
SHAKE ME :D

Any suggestions for a criminal justice law enforcement student????
Ford Racing tune
Instagram: GT500Chick
Mach 1 Registry "Shelby Division"
MRS.SHKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #874
LightningMachII

i just got finished swapping an 03 harley s/c 5.4 motor in my mach and want to know what kind of trouble will the cops give me if i ever get pulled over been driving it for a month know it's the intake and supercharger clearly stick above the hood which sad to say had to be cut and shaker removed but looks sweet but worried bout the 5-0
LightningMachII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #875
03BluMach
918 Mach

More than likely you will get hassled by fontana pd and ontario pd but you should probably go get it refereed to be safe for legal reasons.

97 Black Cobra aka Black Venom
03BluMach is offline   Reply With Quote