2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #1926
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Re: NFL Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
Vikings are obviously desperate and need a reciever who plays about five downs per game and just walks around the rest of the time.
He can't even hit the receivers he's got already. 2D's and 6 INT's. I can't believe they're blaming this all on just Rice being out. What B.S.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 PM   #1927
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
He can't even hit the receivers he's got already. 2D's and 6 INT's. I can't believe they're blaming this all on just Rice being out. What B.S.
Too bad "he" runs the team. It is sad to watch a multi-billion dollar organization let one diva-employee jerk the whole team around.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #1928
np_mach1

Quote:
Rice actually fights for the ball. That is something you can't teach a receiver. Look at Bernard Berrian, all he does is run routes and hopes that it is a perfect pass. He is a less than an average receiver.

Several of Favre's ints were due to passes bouncing off of receiver's chests. I am sure that is his fault too
np_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #1929
np_mach1

Quote:
Vikings are obviously desperate and need a reciever who plays about five downs per game and just walks around the rest of the time.
You are crazy. Moss is a beast. He sets people up for the deep ball. Granted he doesn't do much down field blocking, but most receivers don't. (They all can't be Hines )

If he does make it to the Vikes now you have to consider do you pull one of those 8 guys out of the box (for Peterson) to double Moss, or do you cover him man to man... If you don't double him wait for the hand to go up as he "Mosses you" down the sideline. Ask Revis about that one handed TD this year.

Last edited by np_mach1; 10-06-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #1930
02mach1
Cofounder in Memoriam 1967-2012

They will ended up has wild card team.
VIN#1FAFP42R83F366627
production 12/2/02-
Build 12/6/02
Delivered home 12/16/02

Founder of Intl.SN95LMMOCR for all 79-05 Mustangs 1st Late Model Mustang Club since 1993
C/O Founder of Mach1 Registry
AIM Shows
MCA #29082,MCA Judge for 79-04 Mustangs
www.mustang.org
MACH1REGISTRY Member#2

Here's pics of my Mach1
http://mach1registry.org/photopost/d...mach2.JPG?6804
02mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #1931
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

Quote:
Alex Smith has a better TD-Int ratio than that and he's TERRIBLE
04azuremach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #1932
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
Hate to hear about Cutlers situation. Hope for a quick recovery for your QB, he seems like a good guy.

He's out for this week's game against Carolina. What seemed like a good game to make adjustments and get right with the world just got a lot more difficult.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #1933
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Pat's Headquarters punted Moss to the Vikings. I guess he went nuts at half time the last game so it was 4th down for Moss. He is a great receiver and the Vikings will do good with him if they can put up with his attitude.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #1934
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I've got Favre, Shaincoe and Harvin in my Fantasy Football league. I sure as hell wish he'd do something. I'm getting killed.

"She's An Underage Angel With A Dented Halo"-She Needs Rock n Roll---Motley Crue

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #1935
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
I've got Favre, Shaincoe and Harvin in my Fantasy Football league. I sure as hell wish he'd do something. I'm getting killed.
If Moss continues at this year's torrid pace, he should have 27 more catches by the end of this year. That should put you over the top. Being with a new team, he'll probably get fired up and actually RUN five or six routes a game!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #1936
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Quote:
If Moss continues at this year's torrid pace, he should have 27 more catches by the end of this year. That should put you over the top. Being with a new team, he'll probably get fired up and actually RUN five or six routes a game!
Right now I'm in last place in a 14 team league. I need a miracle. Last year I was stacked and got 2nd place ($700) after the Super Bowl game.

Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #1937
np_mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY40 View Post
Pat's Headquarters punted Moss to the Vikings. I guess he went nuts at half time the last game so it was 4th down for Moss. He is a great receiver and the Vikings will do good with him if they can put up with his attitude.
This was spoken about today by Pats head coach... NOT true.

Why is it everyone piles on Moss? He hasn't ANY problems since he has been with the Pats. This is a guy who was a locker room leader there. The ONLY problem he ever had was showing up late to one practice durring the blizzard last year.

Maybe, just maybe, he has grown up a little bit.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1938
np_mach1

Quote:
Moss makes all of those guys better. Less pressure on them makes their stats go up. Percy gets to play a #2/#3 role as he should be and Shaincoe should see less braacket defense since Moss will clear out the middle of the field. Favre is the coin flip... does the old guy still have it??? Guess we will find out
Old 10-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #1939
np_mach1

Quote:
Seriously? Moss is top 5 most receiving yards than any other WR in NFL history and (I believe) 2nd in TD's to Jerry Rice for a WR. Even if he doesn't make all of the grabs he elevates everyone's play since you HAVE to respect his speed and hands.

Don't buy into the hype that Moss plays half the time. Revis is just butt hurt he got Mossed. You can't put up those numbers and play half the time.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #1940
gbranton
Speaking Cherry Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by np_mach1 View Post
Seriously? Moss is top 5 most receiving yards than any other WR in NFL history and (I believe) 2nd in TD's to Jerry Rice for a WR. Even if he doesn't make all of the grabs he elevates everyone's play since you HAVE to respect his speed and hands.

Don't buy into the hype that Moss plays half the time. Revis is just butt hurt he got Mossed. You can't put up those numbers and play half the time.
Key word in our post: History. As in past. As in not any more. Or why not bring back Jerry Rice since past statistics are a sure indicator of great performance?

He's caught NINE balls this year.

I don't buy into the hype that he plays half the time. It's not anywhere near that.

Oh I know he'll get fired up and play hard until he gets his multi-million dollar extension signed and then the Vikes will be stuck with a guy who makes a fantastic play here or there and the rest of the time he shuffles around on the field like an extra from "Day of the Dead".
Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #1941
np_mach1

Quote:
Key word in our post: History. As in past. As in not any more. Or why not bring back Jerry Rice since past statistics are a sure indicator of great performance?

He's caught NINE balls this year.

I don't buy into the hype that he plays half the time. It's not anywhere near that.

Oh I know he'll get fired up and play hard until he gets his multi-million dollar extension signed and then the Vikes will be stuck with a guy who makes a fantastic play here or there and the rest of the time he shuffles around on the field like an extra from "Day of the Dead".
While I can understand the point you are trying to make you have to remember Randy still has his speed and his hands. He only has 9 balls this year becasue he is doubled **** near every play and he doesn't throw the ball to himself. Why do you think guys like Wes Welker catch so many balls? Why do you think Aaron Hernandez is having such a good rookie season? Tom Brady threw for all kinds of records with Moss, hell the guy over in KC... Matt Cassell had the best year of his life with Moss in that offense. He hasn't lost a step in the last 5 years and I think people don't realize #1 how hard it is to be doubled every play #2 the way you run routes you are setting up the db/ saftey who is covering you #3 You sometimes don't have 100 catches and 1,000 yds every year becasue if you are that good often times you end up being a decoy.

If you think he is history, when was Randy done then? Can you really go on this years stats? If that is the argument you are making then you should look around the league. Is Percy Harvin done? Is Larry Fitz done? Brandon Marshall doesn't post up huge stats every week. Reggie Wayne doesn't either, Austin Collie looks like the best receiver to ever play when Reggie is on the field...
Old 10-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #1942
04azuremach
Loud, fast and fun

I have the most points in my fantasy league. However, I'm 1-3. Everyone seems to have their best game against me. I play a guy who has literally half my score this week, but I'm sure he'll find a way to win. My team is just like the niners. All the talent in the world (minus a good qb), but always find a way to lose
04azuremach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #1943
np_mach1

What ole Jerry Jones scared?

"I apologize, I apologize, I apologize," Jones said of his decision to pass on Moss due to character concerns and make a safe pick by drafting defensive end Greg Ellis. "I don't believe that's going to do any good. He's too much of a competitor. He's a real competitor, and I've known all my life that when people say you can't do it or when people pass over you saying somebody else can do it, all that does is inspire you.

"We probably awoke a sleeping giant if it meant that much to him. Certainly, he's made us pay, and I'm sorry we've got to play him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...e=NFLHeadlines

Last edited by np_mach1; 10-08-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: adding link
Old 10-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #1944
toad
the Night Man

well Roy E Williams has been on fire... glad to see that. Dez has a huge upside, maybe as good as Moss but not so tall. Can't forget about Austin, he is a beast.

I think that the cowboys just might be able to pull off a win if they can protect. So for this year only one sack on Tony. I hope that trend continues.
SY Mach1|FRPP 4:10 gears|Kenny Brown welded subframe connectors|BMR upper/lower Control Arms|PHP intake spacer|MAFIA MAF extender|Procharger P1SC-2|KOOKs Longtubes|KOOKs catted X|Borla STINGER cat-back|Pro 5.0 shifter/MGW handle/MRT Yellow ball|26 spl PMP/T3650|Performance Cobra clutch|Fidanza/Anderson aluminum flywheel|MM quadrant/adjuster
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #1945
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Williams 2 TD's last week was the best he's done in years. He needs glue on his hands.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #1946
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Williams 2 TD's last week was the best he's done in years. He needs glue on his hands.
He probably had some on last week.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #1947
Big Ron
Original 03 TR Owner

Quote:
He needs to quit sniffing the glue....a swift kick with a boot up his a$$ would help also!

Big Ron
Big Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #1948
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

Funny as hell.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #1949
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Brees is making a habit out of passing...to the other team! D'Oh!

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #1950
old school

Meanwhile,the Eagles are still working hard week to week.Tuff win over the 49'ers!! Mike Singeltary has got to be beside himself with the start his team has...
old school is offline   Reply With Quote