2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items

Technical Q&A. HOW TO's, TSB's & Warranty Items Have a Problem? Technical Questions & Answers. HOW TO's & TSB's, Warranty Issues

Old 06-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #1
robh

Steeda Triax/hurst combo

I have a problem with my triax/hurst shifter combo. I was told by the folks at tremec that the shift stop bolts/stops should be removed from the shifter ( i know theres been a bunch of posts on here for both pro and con ) .

My prob is that the shifter has about a inch and a half of free play when in gear. It shifts smooth and all ,but will puting the shift stops back in and adjusting them per the instructions from steeda correct the slop issue?

I love the look and short shift patteren ,but the slop issue sucks!

Thank's for any help on this.

Rob Hornecker
robh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 03:50 PM   #2
eldodroptop

A silly question.... Did you install the shifter yourself? I will assume you did. Did you make sure that you took the plastic cap off the bottom of the stock shifter and put it on the new one??? If you did not that might cause the problem you are having.. Hope this helped
  • 1994 Ford Lightning- stock
  • 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible- Restored
eldodroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #3
robh

Yep ,I did the install myself and I had done alot of research before I did the install. I took the plastic end off the old shifter and placed it on the end of the triax. Is it possable that it did not seat in the trans right? If that was the case ,I think the trans cover would not of fit on. It droped in with ease and was not forced.

I thought it seemed to come off the old shifter ok an went on the new one with no hassels. I still think trying it with the stops in and adjusted verbatum to the steeda instructions might cure it .

Thank's for the reply....any other ideas?
robh is offline   Reply With Quote