2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Wheels & Tires

Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Chingadera

For those wanting the best street/track battle set up come on in.

Ok so I love to stock mach wheels but why change them right. So with that in mind the search was on. I found a KMC nova mach style wheel that look almost identical to the stockers only it has a deep dish look. I ran 17X8's up front with the stock size tire. The kicker is they only make it in a 4.5" back spacing so I had to run FOX a-arms wich set it just perfect under the fender. Then outback I ran 16X8 wheels with the same 4.5" back spacing wich is the same look as a 15X10 w/6.5" back spacing really making the *** end look mean. For tires on the rear I ran the MT ET streets in 28X11.5 wich fit so perfect its not even funny. The car is sneak stock looking. You can't really tell the difference in the staggard wheel size and it looks bitchen and will grip awesome too. I have yet to install my full rear baseline suspension so in these pics your looking at bone stock rear suspension and upr front full suspension with coil over. The front fender well at its highest point is 27" tall. The car has a built engine with a newly installed on3 performance turbo kit. Should have some vids soon and I'll get some better photos outside of the wheel and tire combo. It doesnt do it justice in the dark shop.

Chingadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Chingadera

Re: For those wanting the best street/track battle set up come on in.

Oh the main goal was to keep the stock brakes. They fit just fine. Im sure I could have the fronts narrowed and run a skinny but I like it just how it is.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
4valve 4tw?

I'm baffled. Why didn't you run stock wheels up front and factory color 17x10.5 repros out back instead of all this?
4valve 4tw? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
SHAKEN 661
"Stream-line Butterfly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4valve 4tw? View Post
I'm baffled. Why didn't you run stock wheels up front and factory color 17x10.5 repros out back instead of all this?
I would assume, weight difference? 16x8 vs 17x10.5, would be a great deal of weight difference. Not to mention, a 315 isn't the best track width tire for the dragstrip...
Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
USAF_Rock
Sweat saves blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKEN 661 View Post
I would assume, weight difference? 16x8 vs 17x10.5, would be a great deal of weight difference. Not to mention, a 315 isn't the best track width tire for the dragstrip...
shut down by shaken661. BTW shaken, you still have your Mach you were trying to sell or did you let go of her
USAF_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Chingadera

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4valve 4tw? View Post
I'm sorry but the offering for a true drag tire in 17" do not impress me at all. With the 16's you get the real wrinkle side walls and a "real" drag tire. I've run 17's on my other cars and always found myself going back to 15's and slicks to get me down the track. This combo is meant to drive the streets and then go to the track without any issues. I hate todays low pro tires and there wishy washy performance on the track. I know they make the m/t in a 17 and I've used it. The taller side wall with the 16" wheel or on a 15" has always performed better for me. I would take more side wall over width in this case. Once you get into tire shock and monitoring your rear suspension it becomes obviously harder to profect your launch with a low profile tire compared to something like this. Having the big cobra brakes make 15'sa chore to try and fit and then trashes the original look. To me this is the best balance of stock look and real life drag tires I could fit without major modification and still keep a stock look.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
SHAKEN 661
"Stream-line Butterfly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_Rock View Post
shut down by shaken661. BTW shaken, you still have your Mach you were trying to sell or did you let go of her
Still got it! My wife and I decided to keep it...since its almost paid for!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #8
Chingadera

Took a few more pics today.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #9
Chingadera

Crappy part is I gotta pull the plant and re-ring the engine something is not right with the rings, luckily the machine shop will be handling it as they spec'd and sold me the parts to fit there work. Shouldnt be long and it will be done.