2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #76
Nastynate_

Just ordered this baby shell be here next week!!

Nate
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330310354.529458.jpg  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #77
mach1metalhead

Re: i'm willing to bet there are a few gun folks on here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynate_ View Post
Just ordered this baby shell be here next week!!

Nate
jealousy runs deep here.
JLT RAI - 1/2" Intake Spacer - Mac longtubes - Mac Prochamber - Borla cat-back - PA Racing k-member - Energy Suspension motor mounts - Eibach Sportline springs - Eibach anti-roll kit - SPC caster/camber kit - Steeda X2 ball-joints - Steeda strut tower bar - Eibach 1" wheel spacers (rear only)
mach1metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #78
oxfordwhite04

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnider View Post
I have asked myself these same questions being discussed.

Other things to consider... will you be the only person who ever shoots this weapon? Can you live with the fact that the Glock does not have a safety in the comon sense of the word? If you pull the trigger on a Glock it fires. What Glock calls a safety is a double trigger that prevents accidental discharge if dropped.
I was under the impression that Glock "safe action" pistols did have active safety features in place. Of course it fires when you pull the trigger, it's a Glock. You shouldn't be pulling the trigger if you don't want to fire it.
oxfordwhite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #79
JJPMach1
Red IS the Fastest !!!!

Exactly. Guns 101 right there.
66 Mustang Convertible 289, Currently in my 15th year of this restoration project
Current Mods:
Magnaflow Cat Back system, C&L CAI & MAF, Steeda Shifter, Accufab Throttle Body, UPR firewall Adjuster & Quadrant, IAC Restrictor Plate, Diablo Custom Tune, PHP Intake Spacer, 03 Cobra IRS, Steeda Bushings & 4.10's
Wishlist:
Cams, FR 500 Intake, Port & polish
JJPMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #80
liv2roc

completed my training class and applied for my concealed weapon permit 3 days ago. bought me a ruger lc9 to carry but not found a holster I like yet.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #81
rsnider

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite04 View Post
I was under the impression that Glock "safe action" pistols did have active safety features in place. Of course it fires when you pull the trigger, it's a Glock. You shouldn't be pulling the trigger if you don't want to fire it.
You missed my point. If there wasn't a reason for a physical safety 90% of handguns wouldn't have one.
rsnider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #82
stellasmechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordwhite04 View Post
There are safeties to prevent accidental discharge from a fall or dropping of the weapon but that is it. If a three year old picks up a loaded glock, he will be able to pull the trigger. (I tried it with my nephew) The only safety is on the trigger which doesn't stop anyone with their finger on the trigger. I love my glock but wouldn't recommend leaving it laying the house unless no kids are in the house.
Wife's car: "Stella" 2003 DSG. Auto, 4:30's, 4800 Stall, aluminum DS, 26 inch slicks on 15 inch rims, skinnys, psr / aje hybrid k member and VMP tuned, GT front brakes, 1 3/4 headers and dumps, UWP pulley, Team z control arms.
7.90 - 1.75 60 foot.
12.37 1/4 mile
110.29 MPH (800 DA or so)
With Roy PSR 1.71 12.25 at 1600 DA (no tune)
4.56 gears 1.68 12.09

My Car: "Nadia" 2003 TR Auto, Parted out

Project beat Stella, engineless 03 DSG. Only goal is to beat my wife.
stellasmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:42 AM   #83
rsnider

I was told by a retired police officer that they use Glocks because they never have to worry if the safety is on. When they pull their weapon it's always ready.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #84
mach1metalhead

this discussion is exactly why i love that my new Walther has a decocker. no accidental firing and a heavy enough trigger pull that a child probably wouldn't be able to do it..
JLT RAI - 1/2" Intake Spacer - Mac longtubes - Mac Prochamber - Borla cat-back - PA Racing k-member - Energy Suspension motor mounts - Eibach Sportline springs - Eibach anti-roll kit - SPC caster/camber kit - Steeda X2 ball-joints - Steeda strut tower bar - Eibach 1" wheel spacers (rear only)
Old 03-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #85
JJPMach1
Red IS the Fastest !!!!

my loaded pistol is kept in a biometric gun vault.

I didn't skimp on anything when selecting a safe

To be honest, that's my biggest fear, but I went through with the kids. I told them anytime they see a gun, consider it loaded, showed them how to check it out to see if it was loaded, I let them handle the pistols (yes, unloaded) they took them apart, helped me clean them & I showed them how they work. Hopefully that was enough to satisfy their curiosity.

IMHO, a educated kid is a safe kid
66 Mustang Convertible 289, Currently in my 15th year of this restoration project
Current Mods:
Magnaflow Cat Back system, C&L CAI & MAF, Steeda Shifter, Accufab Throttle Body, UPR firewall Adjuster & Quadrant, IAC Restrictor Plate, Diablo Custom Tune, PHP Intake Spacer, 03 Cobra IRS, Steeda Bushings & 4.10's
Wishlist:
Old 03-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #86
rsnider

I've seen and heard about these safes. They have some that are mechanical and some that are electronic. Very good idea.

When you were looking did you see any that mounted on the bottom of the bed? I don't want to bolt it to the floor under the bed in case we decide to put the bed on a different wall.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #87
JJPMach1
Red IS the Fastest !!!!

Mine has a 3' long cable loop that I guess you can lasso the bed frame and just lay the case on the floor under the bed and maybe hide it in one of those Tupperware boxes that slide under the bed.

I have mine in the nightstand. They also make a wall safe that you mount similar to a medicine cabinet.
Current Mods:
Wishlist:
Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #88
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Just got this mag. in for my Glock 22. Fits my tactical flashlight perfect or any flashlight between 3/4 and 1" in dia.
NTMAREMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #89
mach1metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH View Post
Just got this mag. in for my Glock 22. Fits my tactical flashlight perfect or any flashlight between 3/4 and 1" in dia.
pretty neat, but doesn't your gun have a under barrel rail for this purpose? i know my Walther has one... been meaning to order a light and mount...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 AM   #90
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1metalhead View Post
pretty neat, but doesn't your gun have a under barrel rail for this purpose? i know my Walther has one... been meaning to order a light and mount...
Yes the Glock has the rail for a light or laser but I only had one mag and needed a couple more and this one is new with both the light holder and a blank end if I want to use it without the light holder. And at $15 I couldn't go wrong. I am looking at a set up for the rail but for now this will work for me.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #91
mach1metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMAREMACH View Post
Yes the Glock has the rail for a light or laser but I only had one mag and needed a couple more and this one is new with both the light holder and a blank end if I want to use it without the light holder. And at $15 I couldn't go wrong. I am looking at a set up for the rail but for now this will work for me.
That's cool, just curious.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #92
rsnider

I heard that the Dems are trying to outlaw any magazine that carries more than 6 rounds. They are still milking the Gabbie Giffords shooting for all it's worth in the way of new/stricter gun laws.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #93
rsnider

This video will give a lefty a heart attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2m9N...tailpage#t=17s

I'm not sure what happened to that link? It loads at the end. Click on the scroll bar back at the beginning to see the whole thing.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #94
shadowmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnider View Post
This video will give a lefty a heart attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2m9N...tailpage#t=17s

I'm not sure what happened to that link? It loads at the end. Click on the scroll bar back at the beginning to see the whole thing.
shadowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #95
mach1metalhead

The government as a whole has to agree to take away the second amendment. That means Reps and Dems. That is why I don't vote based on party lines, I vote based on what the person stands for.

/political crap, back to guns.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #96
NTMAREMACH
A NITEMARE IN MASS

Had a holster made for my Walther TPH. The guys name is Ed Bullaloe and he does great work. I received the holster in about a week and it fits like a glove. Turn the holster upside down and shake it and it doesn't fall out. Not bad for a little gun. He only makes holsters from the guns he owns. Here's his site and the list of holsters he makes. I paid just over $50 shipped for this one.
Also ordered a set of Nill grips from Germany to replace my stock grips. May take a couple of months to get them here. The Nill grips cover much more of the gun compared to the stock grips.

http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/EBCH/ebch.html

Front View

Back View

Old 03-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #97
USAF_Rock
Sweat saves blood

got a G21 here, with a Surefire X300 on it. $512 out the door. Shoots great, and is solid. Comes with backstraps for people with larger hands.
USAF_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote