2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 01-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
mustangjonny84

terminator spoiler question

One thing that the previous owner of my Mach did was install a spoiler from an '03/'04 Cobra. I dig it.

One thing that the previous owner of my Mach didn't do was put a trunk light in there after the swap. I've searched quite a few combinations of words and, from what I can tell, he did buy the wiring adapter from Ford. It just looks like he didn't buy the clip on light that I've seen in the pictures. I'd like to wire in some LEDs of my own, but I can't seem to find which wire is only hot when the trunk is open.

I'm looking at the wiring diagrams in my Haynes manual. Page 12-29 shows a blk/pnk wire after the luggage compartment lamp switch going to the luggage compartment lamp. I think that's the wire I want, but I can't find a black and pink wire anywhere in the trunk.

I've managed to find the attached pictures of one of these setups working properly with the clip on light. My wiring matches this...with one exception...I've got no clip on light. From these pictures, can anyone tell/show me where I might find the wire that's only hot when the trunk is open?
Attached Thumbnails
trunklight.jpg   trunklight2.jpg  

2003 Mustang Mach 1

2012 Flex Ecoboost...gets groceries on the quick!

1999 F250 V10

1992 GMC P3500 - wife's food truck
mustangjonny84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
mustangjonny84

Re: terminator spoiler question

Mods, feel free to delete if necessary. I got my answer on another forum.

If anyone is looking to answer this themselves, have a look at the picture for connector 428. Sure enough, once I pulled back some more factory tape, I found where the previous owner had cut off this connector and there was a brown/white wire and a lite green/orange wire. I hooked these up to the LEDs I had already purchased and it worked like a charm. Sorry for the poopy cell phone pics, but you get the point.
Attached Thumbnails
428.jpg   trunk lights.jpg  

2003 Mustang Mach 1

2012 Flex Ecoboost...gets groceries on the quick!

1999 F250 V10

1992 GMC P3500 - wife's food truck
mustangjonny84 is offline   Reply With Quote