2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Machy uno

Where to buy Motor and tranny mounts?

Hey guys, need a quick reply so I can get these on order. Started my k-member install yesterday and have decided that while out I'll replace the worn out stock motor and tranny mounts. Anyone know where the best place to get some poly ones would be? I don't want to go solid, but was hoping someone knows where to get some decent ones at a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/330262
Machy uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Where to buy Motor and tranny mounts?

Summit sells the energy suspension trans and motor mounts combo package for $200. Thats what I'd get if I was you. I'm running that trans mount and love it. I have solid motor mounts though.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

for what its worth I just yanked a motor/k member with energy suspension poly mounts with around 10k miles on them and they were both beyond shot...for worse than my 85k mile stock mounts

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
Machy uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
for what its worth I just yanked a motor/k member with energy suspension poly mounts with around 10k miles on them and they were both beyond shot...for worse than my 85k mile stock mounts
Wow, I hadn't heard that before. Stock power? Poly on both the engine and tranny mounts? I wouldn't expect that. I would think for the close to $225 you have to pay for both they would last for a decent amount of time.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

~370 rwhp...havent looked at the trans mounts

Ill double check the part number if I didnt toss em to see exactly what they were but I was pretty surprised at their condition (they were installed by the previous owner but they couldnt be that bad, the metal parts were still pretty shiny new)

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Machy uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003Mach1 View Post
~370 rwhp...havent looked at the trans mounts

Ill double check the part number if I didnt toss em to see exactly what they were but I was pretty surprised at their condition (they were installed by the previous owner but they couldnt be that bad, the metal parts were still pretty shiny new)
370 rwhp would put more pressure on the mounts during windup, but that doesn't seem excessivly high for what I'd expect mounts to handle. Afterall, these are usually only added on cars with more power anyway.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN
Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Mach828
Dark Knight

Well if you decide against the motor mounts, then I'd do the trans mount for sure. It was one of my favorite mods, and really improved my shifting. And even felt like it helped with handling.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
Machy uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
Well if you decide against the motor mounts, then I'd do the trans mount for sure. It was one of my favorite mods, and really improved my shifting. And even felt like it helped with handling.
Called Ford to get pricing on mounts...Motor mount is 60.37 for the driver's and 58.56 for the passenger (or vice versa) and 74.78 for the tranny mount. Thats 193.71 + tax for the stockers. I was able to find the energy suspension kit shipped for $185.00. That was an easy decision now that I got the actual pricing. Didn't want to spend that much, but they were needed and the poly were cheaper. It's a garage queen and maybe sees 2k miles a year. Even if they wear out, it won't be for a few years at least. I'll rememeber to check on them when I'm under there doing oil changes in the future. Should be easy enough with the MM k-member.

Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN