2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Engine & Drivetrain (Including trans & rear axles)

Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
USMCWeatherMan

Clutch Fork Dilemma

Apparently Ford Racing is no longer making their clutch fork with part # M-7515-A.

American Muscle has listed the part as discontinued on their site and its out of stock everywhere else I have checked.

Late Model Restoration says they have placed an order from their vendor, but that order has already been pushed back by 1 week. I have an order in with them for when/if they get them back in stock.

My question is, are there any other alternatives out there in lieu of buying OEM through $tealership?

Clutch fork is the last part I need before I swap out new clutch.

I know I dont "need" a new clutch fork, but was just going to go with new everything while I was in there and for what was a relatively cheap price for the FRPP I figured why not.

I did find 2 on EBay but the **** price gouging b@stards are asking over $200 for them.

As always, thanks in advance.
USMCWeatherMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Kove

I just got one from Lethal Performance within the past month.
Kove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
USMCWeatherMan

Re: Clutch Fork Dilemma

Yeah, I just checked them...they no longer have a listing for a clutch fork.

Will probably just have to wait and see if Late Model Resto gets theirs in...or just use the one in the tranny right now.

I see that AM offers the Lakewood clutch fork but state that you must use their bellhousing, which of course I cant find anywhere either.

Worst case could always order a stock replacement.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
rar1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCWeatherMan View Post
Apparently Ford Racing is no longer making their clutch fork with part # M-7515-A.

American Muscle has listed the part as discontinued on their site and its out of stock everywhere else I have checked.

Late Model Restoration says they have placed an order from their vendor, but that order has already been pushed back by 1 week. I have an order in with them for when/if they get them back in stock.

My question is, are there any other alternatives out there in lieu of buying OEM through $tealership?

Clutch fork is the last part I need before I swap out new clutch.

I know I dont "need" a new clutch fork, but was just going to go with new everything while I was in there and for what was a relatively cheap price for the FRPP I figured why not.

I did find 2 on EBay but the **** price gouging b@stards are asking over $200 for them.

As always, thanks in advance.
ProMotion

Last edited by rar1955; 09-16-2016 at 05:54 AM.
rar1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Mustanger2

Careful...I tried the Lakewood one from AM & it was too short! Even though it is listed as correct for 94-04 it is not. AM returned my money & I bought a Ford Racing OEM one....
Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
USMCWeatherMan

Thanks for the replies! I've got another lead to follow up on tomorrow, but if it falls through I'll check into the Promotion one.

I read the reviews on the Lakewood one about it being too short, which most say resulted in a stiffer pedal feel, which was an immediate eyebrow raiser for me.