2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2007, 01:13 AM   #726
mach1_04

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreature View Post
If the car is still titled and registered in your friend's name, take it back to ensure your friend will receive the rest of your money.... Your friend could be held accountable civilly to return the first half, or may counter-sue to keep it due to breach of contract issues.

If your friend signed over the title or it is now registered in the buyer's name, bad on your friend, and your friend have to use the court system.

BUT ultimately it is according to your state's laws as each state's laws differ greatly in reference to Civil Matters.
Well thanks for the info, this is taking place in north carolina so what are the laws on the subject
Old 07-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #727
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1_04 View Post
Well thanks for the info, this is taking place in north carolina so what are the laws on the subject
Civil matters are best discussed with Lawyers for advice. Sheriff's serve the Civil Papers.

I cant see any LEO getting involved if the registered and titled owner was taking their car from another person.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:10 AM   #728
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

I write this on a sad note a friend, and brother police officer, Broward Sheriffs Sgt. Chris Reyka was shot and killed while checking on a stolen vehicle in a Walgreens parking lot within the city of Pompano Beach Fl. This occured last night at 1:20 AM. Ambushed, he wasn't even able to draw his weapon and return fire. Myself and some 300 LEO continue to scour the county looking for this vermin. I would like to request prayers for his family and friends, from my fellow Mach owners. Chris leaves behind a wife and 4 children, Including a son, who is a Marine about to be deployed in Iraq. Just a somber note that we are humans even if we write an occasional ticket. Chris gave his life protecting us. Whoever did this better turn himself in before we catch him.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Newskool Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #729
my305pony

Question, If a Mach speeds past you would you pull them over? Warning or a Ticket.
my305pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #730
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by my305pony View Post
Question, If a Mach speeds past you would you pull them over? Warning or a Ticket.
It isn't the car that makes my mind up. It's the person in the car.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #731
MachGirl04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach View Post
I write this on a sad note a friend, and brother police officer, Broward Sheriffs Sgt. Chris Reyka was shot and killed while checking on a stolen vehicle in a Walgreens parking lot within the city of Pompano Beach Fl. This occured last night at 1:20 AM. Ambushed, he wasn't even able to draw his weapon and return fire. Myself and some 300 LEO continue to scour the county looking for this vermin. I would like to request prayers for his family and friends, from my fellow Mach owners. Chris leaves behind a wife and 4 children, Including a son, who is a Marine about to be deployed in Iraq. Just a somber note that we are humans even if we write an occasional ticket. Chris gave his life protecting us. Whoever did this better turn himself in before we catch him.
That is VERY sad to hear. Goes to show that being a police officer is a job with huge risks. It does make me ill that there are criminals that are such scum that they would take out an officer to protect their own ***. Another good man down with family, friends, and coworkers that will miss him immensely. Of course all of my heartfelt sympathies to them. And bless the men and women who serve to protect us.
18" Wheel Replica Magnum 500s, BFG KDWs, Borla Catback, K&N FIPKII, & too much bling to list
1994 T-Bird LX, V8, Black
1990 Mustang LX 5.0, Vert, 7-Up Special
2004 Mustang Coupe, V6, Torch Red
( That's all for now. )
MachGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #732
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my305pony View Post
I would definetly pull him over. Ticket? only if he had Cobra emblems on the side, or a complete arse. Otherwise I would ask him a million questions about his Mach and let him go.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 08-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #733
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurism View Post
It isn't the car that makes my mind up. It's the person in the car.
DITTO

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 08-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #734
Briansmach1

Angry Re: Ask A Police Officer

I was woundering. The other day I got a call that my mother had fallen and was took to the Hospatal. The story goes like this. My mother fell getting out of the shower. She is in some artments that base the rent on your income. She is disabled because she has had a stroke. When she fell she called next door for here neighbor to help her. Her neighbor went and got the maintance people to unlock the door and she went in and got the dog and left. YES I SAID GOT THE DOG AND LEFT. I could have wooped her butt. 911 was not called until my sister went over and found her in the bathroom on the floor. My question is this "What is the name of the law in NC that states that you are to help someone in need like this"? I meen all she would have had to do is call 911. They asked her why she did not call 911 and she said she was scared. That is bull. If anything the Maintance department should have asked why she wanted the door unlocked and got a answer and they should have called 911. I want to look up this law and maybe see if anything can be done about this. I know a friend said his wife was in a car wreck and asked someone to help and she said she did not have time. Later that women got a ticket for not helping. Hope someone can help.
Briansmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #735
acreature
You are freaking out....

Taking the Dog is a Felony.... if the neighbor stole it.

If the neighbor used the maintenance personel to gain entry just to steal the Dog, that is Felony Breaking and Entering, unless it was at night, which makes it Burglary (Felony)

As far as a duty to help... that falls civilly upon Police Fire and EMS, or others trained in First Aid.

If just the Neighbor, I am not aware of any Obligation to render assistance UNLESS it is a vehicle collision....( I could just be unaware of any) But, civilly there may be grounds... best to speak with an Attorney about that... especially about the Maintenance Personnel opening the door at the request of a neighbor.

Hope your Mother is doing better.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #736
Briansmach1

she is doing better. I just thought they should have called for help or something. The women next door watches the dog from time to time, but I thought it was messed up that she thought more about the dog than my mother!!! I just wanted to scare here with a paper or something so if there is a next time she will at least call 911. Thanks for your time.
Briansmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 PM   #737
jshend

Sorry for this post being in the wrong place but I think I just bought your 03 Mach 1. (lic: 0mach3 dark grey?) The car seems to be in great shape and it looks like you have taken great care of it.

I have wanted one for a while and I hope to take care of it as well as you did.

Thanks,
Jeff
jshend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #738
weaver
mustangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
lol nice IMU
guess ill bust the 1st question, why the newer younger cops always gotta give you a ticket, while the older cops just give you a warning unless you seriously act like an ******* or really did something stupid
NO SH!T!

Just got a ticket by a young female ten minutes ago! 60 in a 45. I guess was doing that?

Let me just start by saying this drive was less than a mile just to test out the new solid steering rack bushings I just installed.

I was coming up to a T intersection and making a right. When I turned right I saw the cop sitting at the light on my left heading in the opposite direction. As I'm going down the road passing a farm for crying out loud (country road) I go through the gears not really thinking I'm going 60! Keep in mind the cop is 1/4 mile back at the light with her back to me. As I pull onto my street, deep in the neighborhood I hear sirens and think "oh somebody got busted". Then the sirens got louder and before I know it there's the cop behind me as I pull into my driveway. I open the door to get out since I am in my driveway and she comes on the loud speaker "sir could you please stay in the vehicle?". She walks up like I'm going to blow her head off or something. Hiding behind my door so I can't see her with her hand on her pistol! After she gets my info, and I'm super nice like always to cops, she goes to the car and writes me a ticket for 60 in a 45!

Do the new cop cars have radars pointing backwards?

Do I just pay the ticket or fight it?

She was nowhere in sight when I pulled into the neighbor hood.

Is there a chance she got the wrong car?
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #739
acreature
You are freaking out....

Yes, rear antenna Radar... and here in NC, we have same lane radar

Pay or Fight is up to you. If you are not sure how fast you were going, you probably were going too fast. Pay attention to your speed next time

There are many steps that need be followed when operating radar. First and foremost is identifying the target vehicle.

Never get out of a car when stopped, unless directed to do so. Officer Safety; when one wants to harm us during a traffic stop, it happens usually during the approach.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #740
weaver
mustangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneurism View Post
Yes, rear antenna Radar... and here in NC, we have same lane radar

Pay or Fight is up to you. If you are not sure how fast you were going, you probably were going too fast. Pay attention to your speed next time

There are many steps that need be followed when operating radar. First and foremost is identifying the target vehicle.

Never get out of a car when stopped, unless directed to do so. Officer Safety; when one wants to harm us during a traffic stop, it happens usually during the approach.
Thanks for the response. In Texas I got a ticket and payed a deferred adjudication charge and the ticket never went on my record. Under this deferred adjudication you're under probation for 90 days. Does NC offer something like this?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #741
weaver
mustangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
In Texas I got a ticket and payed a deferred adjudication charge and the ticket never went on my record. Under this deferred adjudication you're under probation for 90 days. Does NC offer something like this?
Does anyone have any knowledge of this? Are my only options to pay or get a lawyer?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #742
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
Thanks for the response. In Texas I got a ticket and payed a deferred adjudication charge and the ticket never went on my record. Under this deferred adjudication you're under probation for 90 days. Does NC offer something like this?
Our Prosecutorial District offers Deferred Prosecution (12 month time frame) for first time/under 21 yrs of age offenders (Misdemeanor charges only, not infractions). Each Prosecutorial District will have their own policies regarding Deference.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #743
weaver
mustangs rule

How serious is 15mph over the posted speed limit in Charlotte?

I still don't feel right about this. Meaning I don't think I was going that fast. The more I recall the incedent the more it bothers me. How/Why would I have gone 15 over right in fromt of a cop?

Someone mentioned that me having out of state tags may have prompted the officer to pull me thinking I wouldn't hang around to fight it and just pay the fine through the mail.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #744
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
How serious is 15mph over the posted speed limit in Charlotte?
3 point violation pertaining to an NC license. Not sure how your home state would rate it. $145 (Cost of court included)

Quote:
I still don't feel right about this. Meaning I don't think I was going that fast. The more I recall the incedent the more it bothers me.
Quote:
Just got a ticket by a young female ten minutes ago! 60 in a 45. I guess was doing that?
If you have to guess how fast you were going, you don't know....

But it is your right to go to Court and contest it.

Quote:
How/Why would I have gone 15 over right in front of a cop?
How? By pushing the peddle on the right. Why? Rhetorical question?

Quote:
Someone mentioned that me having out of state tags may have prompted the officer to pull me thinking I wouldn't hang around to fight it and just pay the fine through the mail.
What exactly would the officer get out of that? It's not like we get Commission for each ticket.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #745
PharmDMach1
Whipple Blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newskool Mach View Post
Sorry this is a little late, but I will say a prayer for Chris's family and friends. It hurts to see a close friend mourn an old friend and ex-partner. I hope this piece of trash gets caught. All I have to say is that there are going to be one hell of alot of pissed off brothers that scum is going to have to deal with.You mess with one, you better be prepared to deal with them all.

Its sad to hear about anotherr police officer's shooting death. On thursday morning, a Miami-Dade Police Officer was killed in the line of duty and 3 others were injured when a suspect opened fire on them.
Thank you all in uniform who protect us without a second thought. May you be safe out there.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 AM   #746
01TruBluGT

I had a question of the LEO's of this board. Kind of goes the opposite way of most of this thread, just figured this was a good place to ask.

Civil Service testing - Not sure how it is done every where else but here your score comes to you as a percent. Not a percent in the usual terms of how many you got right or wrong, but a percent based on how you did compared to others who took the test. Does anyone know what is considered a good, decent, above and or below average score??

I know what I got and while it does not seem that bad, if it is average or below, I would like to take the test one more time in an effort to up my score a bit.
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #747
IMachU
Super Moderator

In Calif, the civil service tests are a percentage of your own test answers/performance. If you got 95%, that's your own score. So, if 100 people tested, all gut 99 and you got 98, you would be last on the list. You passed with 98%, but would be the last hired.

2003 DSG 5 speed IUP Born June 25, 2003
K&N Drop-in Filter, Magnapack Catback, MRT black chrome tips, MRT shifter
277.1 HP (321.4) 296.4 (343.8) TQ SAE (with 16% powertrain loss calculated, before mods), Sirius satellite radio, MGW black on black locking Bullitt fuel door, MGW goodies - sold on 7-19-07
IMachU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:41 PM   #748
Keydet
V M I

Question Re: Ask A Police Officer

Hey guys. As a soon to be college graduate i am currently looking for a career. I have always been interested in law enforcement and was wondering if anyone out there had anything to say positive or negative about the application and training process for becoming an officer. I have been to two different military schools and made it through the first years of hazing with no major problems besides the occasional D-head. I was looking at the Fairfax County Va police site and it does not make it really clear that you have to go to an academy to get trained as an officer. Im fairly certain that this is the case, i mean some training is required before they hand you a gun and a badge right? Im just kicking around ideas and law enforcement is defiantly one of them, I am also talking with alumni from here who are in the CIA and FBI and all those good alphabet soup organizations, but i really would like to not be sent to Fort McHennry Alaska with the CIA or anything. And so i turn to you, the fraternal order of Mach1ers for help.
SLP Loudmouth 1's
Keydet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #749
Newskool Mach
10 second club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keydet View Post
Hey guys. As a soon to be college graduate i am currently looking for a career. I have always been interested in law enforcement and was wondering if anyone out there had anything to say positive or negative about the application and training process for becoming an officer. I have been to two different military schools and made it through the first years of hazing with no major problems besides the occasional D-head. I was looking at the Fairfax County Va police site and it does not make it really clear that you have to go to an academy to get trained as an officer. Im fairly certain that this is the case, i mean some training is required before they hand you a gun and a badge right? Im just kicking around ideas and law enforcement is defiantly one of them, I am also talking with alumni from here who are in the CIA and FBI and all those good alphabet soup organizations, but i really would like to not be sent to Fort McHennry Alaska with the CIA or anything. And so i turn to you, the fraternal order of Mach1ers for help.
I am on my 23'rd year and it has been a very rewarding career. All departments in my area require you to go to the police academy. Some are tougher than others. In general State Police academies are more military like. Federal is great but generally requires a college degree. Do your homework and really check into the police department you want to work. Big cities offer more opportunities, but you will work awful hard. Small departments are boring at times and don't have as much chance of advancement. You don't want to jumping around to different departments or it may make you work longer before you retire. Also check the different departments beneifits they vary greatly. Even two towns next to each other could be very different. Good luck stay safe.

03 Torch red auto (gone)
Old 11-07-2007, 05:28 PM   #750
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Just a quick question. I am going to be helping a friend move and we were discussing Weigh stations on the highways for trucks. Do U-Haul trucks have to stop at the weigh stations? He is getting the second biggest truck they have. I don't know the length of it. Also, if you do have to stop, what do you do once you are at the weigh station? Like how do you get weighed.

Thanks!!

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote