2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:16 PM   #1
Babbat
Mach1/Cobra Enthusiast

New car, new dealership, same old Ford

[venting]

Sooo... When I bought Erica from Sayville Ford, I couldn't be happier. My negotiation w/ the salesman, Jack, was probably one of the nicest and stress-free sales of my life. I paid a little more than I could have, but I was willing to pay a premium for a dealership that was well respected. During my time w/ the finance advisor, he tried to sell me on an alarm, undercoating, etc. I told him I wasn't interested. But then he told me about a "special" alarm that was factory installed.

Supposedly, it was a chip and reflash put into the stock computer that completely disabled the car when the alarm was on. Since my brother has 10 years in the car alarm business, and some of his knowledge rubbed off on me, I decided to ask questions. I made sure it was:

A: not an aftermarket unit.
B: no drilling, wiring, splicing, etc was required.
C: purely "inside" the computer

He assured me it was, and I paid $1,800+ for it. I know it's a lot, but I said, "hell for a computer that will completely kill my car short of flatbedding it away, it's worth it." Since undercoating was only $3/mo more with this alarm, I decided to go for it too. WTH, right? later that night, when I picked her up, my brother spoke with the same gentleman, and was assured the same things above.

Fast forward about a week.

So Wednesday last week, I dropped Erica off to Sayville, got my loaner, and picked her up that night. Since it was 11PM, my Yankees were getting stomped, and I had work the next day, I didn't get the chance to look @ my "new" alarm until Thursday night.

I am not joking when I say that this was a rinky-dink $100 kmart special AFTERMARKET alarm w/ starter kill. The schmucks who installed it put some crappy siren under my hood (meaning there's a hole/holes in my firewall now), drilled a hole in my dash for some POS LED, and did their splicing with not sodder, but good old electrical tape.

Pissed off, I tried calling Jack, but it was way too late. He was already gone. Friday after work, I went straight to Sayville, spoke to Jack, and told him the story. I found out that the finance guy "no longer works for the company". Obviously, Ford wouldn't tell me why, but I got from the general discussion w/ several employees that he was ALLEGEDLY fired. I wonder why. I spoke to 2 managers, and they explained that the alarm I was talking about DOESN'T EXIST. I said I wanted that POS out of my car, a refund for it, and my dash piece replaced. They said they wanted my number and "One of the head guys would call me on Monday".

Now, throughout all this, I was very calm, very nice, and even complimented Jack's assistance several times. I also didn't go thru corporate, because I know that would hurt the dealership who for the most part was very nice.

So Monday rolls around. No call. I call Jack that night @ 5:00PM and inform him of Ford's apparent dismissal of me. He sends me to some guy's voicemail.

Tuesday rolls around. No call. I play phone tag w/ Jack for the better part of the day. I finally get him, and he tells me he'll hand deliver a note to someone in charge. No call. It's now almost 10PM.

I think I've been a fair and reserved individual w/ Sayville. What I want is not unrealistic, and the fact that I've been blown off by a company that has sold me 2 new cars in the last year pisses me off. Tomorrow I am too busy to deal w/ Sayville. But if I have to drive down there after work Thursday night, the gloves are off. Corporate will hear about the whole story, and so will every Ford and LI site I can find. Friday morning will be a call to my lawyer.

I've tried to be peaceful, and frankly I'm shocked that a dealership w/ a rep as good as Sayville would just disrespect their customer because I guess I'm young and stupid in their eyes.
[/venting]

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated
Babbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:23 AM   #2
Mattz

Re: New car, new dealership, same old Ford

Quote:
Originally posted by Babbat
[venting]

Sooo... When I bought Erica from Sayville Ford, I couldn't be happier. My negotiation w/ the salesman, Jack, was probably one of the nicest and stress-free sales of my life. I paid a little more than I could have, but I was willing to pay a premium for a dealership that was well respected. During my time w/ the finance advisor, he tried to sell me on an alarm, undercoating, etc. I told him I wasn't interested. But then he told me about a "special" alarm that was factory installed.

Supposedly, it was a chip and reflash put into the stock computer that completely disabled the car when the alarm was on. Since my brother has 10 years in the car alarm business, and some of his knowledge rubbed off on me, I decided to ask questions. I made sure it was:

A: not an aftermarket unit.
B: no drilling, wiring, splicing, etc was required.
C: purely "inside" the computer

He assured me it was, and I paid $1,800+ for it. I know it's a lot, but I said, "hell for a computer that will completely kill my car short of flatbedding it away, it's worth it." Since undercoating was only $3/mo more with this alarm, I decided to go for it too. WTH, right? later that night, when I picked her up, my brother spoke with the same gentleman, and was assured the same things above.

Fast forward about a week.

So Wednesday last week, I dropped Erica off to Sayville, got my loaner, and picked her up that night. Since it was 11PM, my Yankees were getting stomped, and I had work the next day, I didn't get the chance to look @ my "new" alarm until Thursday night.

I am not joking when I say that this was a rinky-dink $100 kmart special AFTERMARKET alarm w/ starter kill. The schmucks who installed it put some crappy siren under my hood (meaning there's a hole/holes in my firewall now), drilled a hole in my dash for some POS LED, and did their splicing with not sodder, but good old electrical tape.

Pissed off, I tried calling Jack, but it was way too late. He was already gone. Friday after work, I went straight to Sayville, spoke to Jack, and told him the story. I found out that the finance guy "no longer works for the company". Obviously, Ford wouldn't tell me why, but I got from the general discussion w/ several employees that he was ALLEGEDLY fired. I wonder why. I spoke to 2 managers, and they explained that the alarm I was talking about DOESN'T EXIST. I said I wanted that POS out of my car, a refund for it, and my dash piece replaced. They said they wanted my number and "One of the head guys would call me on Monday".

Now, throughout all this, I was very calm, very nice, and even complimented Jack's assistance several times. I also didn't go thru corporate, because I know that would hurt the dealership who for the most part was very nice.

So Monday rolls around. No call. I call Jack that night @ 5:00PM and inform him of Ford's apparent dismissal of me. He sends me to some guy's voicemail.

Tuesday rolls around. No call. I play phone tag w/ Jack for the better part of the day. I finally get him, and he tells me he'll hand deliver a note to someone in charge. No call. It's now almost 10PM.

I think I've been a fair and reserved individual w/ Sayville. What I want is not unrealistic, and the fact that I've been blown off by a company that has sold me 2 new cars in the last year pisses me off. Tomorrow I am too busy to deal w/ Sayville. But if I have to drive down there after work Thursday night, the gloves are off. Corporate will hear about the whole story, and so will every Ford and LI site I can find. Friday morning will be a call to my lawyer.

I've tried to be peaceful, and frankly I'm shocked that a dealership w/ a rep as good as Sayville would just disrespect their customer because I guess I'm young and stupid in their eyes.
[/venting]

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated
Wow, what a situation. I'd be pretty pissed off, it seems like you are, though. Not sure what kind of an alarm cost 1800 bucks anyways, thats pretty **** steep, it better do the laundry and cook dinner as well at that price. I really can't offer any advice, I've always heard making a scene at the dealership tends to get things done, but who knows. Seems like its hard to find a dealership that wants to make you happy after you purchase a vehicle from them, eh?
Mattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:28 AM   #3
muddman
Mark 9:43

at least they could of kissed you b4 they @#$%^& you.Only thing I can say knock his teeth out just a quick jab should do it.Then drill 2 holes in his @ss and see how he likes it.Since you cant do that court sounds like a good place to settle this good luck.
muddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:26 AM   #4
YellowMenace

The title of this post confuses me. How is Ford to blame for what happened to you?
Old 10-27-2004, 01:29 AM   #5
fiveliter
14 Year Reg Member

I bought my Mach there also. I'll never go back. I almost punched my salesman in the mouth. Told me I got a "tissue paper deal", whatever the hell that means, and that he made no money on the sale. Why would he bother selling me the car then. Personally, I feel that I overpaid a little. About a week later, I realized that they didnt give me the key for the lug locks. Went back and first they tried to tell me that they never sold me the car because it wasnt listed in their computer!!!!! Then they told me that they did give me the luglock key and that I lost it. They wanted to charge me to remove the original lug locks and charge me for a new set. All was eventually resolved but only after screaming and yelling. I'll never go back there again.
1993 Mustang 5.0 notch - sold
1997 Mustang GT - traded in
1994 Mustang GT conv - sold
2003 Mustang Mach 1 - current
2010 Harley Davidson XL883N - current
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - current
Best ET 13.59@103MPH
fiveliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:32 AM   #6
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

wow..thats horrid

1) I thought with PATs unless you have a programmed key or the time/knowledge to jumper the computer the fuel pump wont run, so theyd have to flatbed it then too most of the time to get it

2) if they did that to my car, im pretty sure Id run em over with it. Time to call corporate and your lawyer.

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:51 AM   #7
Babbat
Mach1/Cobra Enthusiast

Yellow: I got screwed by my last 2 Ford dealerships, hence the "same old ford" topic.

five: I really like my salesman, but the way the dealership resolves problems (or doesn't in my case) has me pissed.

dsg: That's what I thought too. An internal computer change. If I wanted a simple starter kill, I'd get it @ cost (my brother), and install it for free. Not to mention I'd do a helluva lot better job.

Ah well, it's just a rant anyways. Thx for the support...
Old 10-27-2004, 02:30 AM   #8
eldodroptop

I hope you get this all streightend out. In the future just say NO to ANY dealer add ons. Thats how they nail you....
  • 1994 Ford Lightning- stock
  • 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible- Restored
eldodroptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:20 AM   #9
whitegt46

sayville ford sucks *** i tried to buy a mustang there left a deposit they came up with some bs story that the car i wanted needed to be driven down from another dealer when we agreed to flat bed it long story short i didnt buy from them... they suck
Old 10-27-2004, 11:10 AM   #10
grodgers
I *need* boost...

Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowMenace
The title of this post confuses me. How is Ford to blame for what happened to you?
This is a dealer issue - dealers are privately-owned franchises.

I don't see how it's relevant to say "same old ford"...

Some Loud Stuff
Some Look-Good Stuff
Some Go-Fast Stuff
grodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #11
Rochard

When I bought my Mach I also bought into a $300 aftermarket alarm. I had to hit a button on a second remote before I started the car. If not, the car wouldn't start. It was a very simple system - the second remote control triggered a special fuse inserted into the fuse box in the engine compartment.

After a few months my car would have problems starting if I made a number of short trips back to back. I took it back into Ford and they said "no problem found" yet I continued to have this problem.

I took the fuse out and replaced it with the original - and it hasn't happened since.
Rochard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 02:08 PM   #12
Lonestar 7

Get a lawyer! I am sorry dealers screw people around like this.
Lonestar 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 08:48 PM   #13
Babbat
Mach1/Cobra Enthusiast

I retract my previous statement. I went down to Sayville tonight, and they took care of me. The alarm's coming out and being refunded next week. Amazing what a little bitching can do...
Old 10-28-2004, 09:05 PM   #14
Mach 1 Boy
Eaton my Dust

That sad part is, that our Mach's and Cobra's already come with a chipped key and a system called Securilock (or something like that). Basically, just STOCK our cars aren't going anywhere short of a flatbed!! Sorry man!! Go get em, Babbat!!
Magnaflow Catback
Steeda CAI

Retired:
2003 Mach 1
Dark Shadow Gray Clearcoat
5 Speed
IUP
Air Silencer Removed
Tinted Windows
Steeda Pro Shift Knob (Silver)
Mach 1 Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:57 PM   #15
HAEG
Heppasketties

Same Old Corporate America

I understand the "same old Ford" comment. Even if the dealer is a vendor of Ford they are held to a corporate standard. Comparison lady buys a hot coffee from a local McDonalds and it spills and burns her. Who do you sue, the local franchise and the main corporate company. Reason because it was not clearly labeled as "Caution Hot" whether it's fair or not thats the way it is and the corporation as well as the local store are to blame for someones incompotents. I am a life long Chevy guy, from a Chevy family and I own a Ford now because Chevy did me wrong. My Ford dealer sucked and I blame Ford because they have a lot to say about what happens at there dealerships, they decided to award a franchise to an individual or group and they are as responsible as the owner of the lot.

Same old corporate america and unless we (buyers) complain and not buy when we are not taken care of properly then you end up with the vehicles of the late 1970's, a pile of crap.
Keep on them BABBAT.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote