2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

View Poll Results: Ask a Police Officer Htread - Good Idea?
Yes, good idea 54 60.67%
No way...scrap it 2 2.25%
let's try it and see how it goes 24 26.97%
What do I care. Where is the Procharger thread? 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #926
acreature
You are freaking out....

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOKnGO View Post
OK! It was hot and muggy first thing this morning. This little ricer was zipping back and forth in 5 mph traffic in and out of lanes with his 5 inch single blaster exhaust tip, plus he was wearing driving gloves. My question is... Would it be considered road rage to pull him through the door glass opening by his shirt collar when the traffic stopped?
As long as he doesn't mind..... or every witness annoyed by the fartcan agrees he was the aggressor

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:34 PM   #927
bmeeks
1 of 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOOKnGO View Post
OK! It was hot and muggy first thing this morning. This little ricer was zipping back and forth in 5 mph traffic in and out of lanes with his 5 inch single blaster exhaust tip, plus he was wearing driving gloves. My question is... Would it be considered road rage to pull him through the door glass opening by his shirt collar when the traffic stopped?
try the hypoglossal, it'll work worlds better and he'll comply with every little command you give (like telling him to drop his pants and put that fart can where it belongs! )

IMSHAKN
bmeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #928
mattfast

should i have to be sued i was busted for dragracing 6months ago and doin comunity service and probatoin for 1 year and suspend driverlisense and i got caught cause a idiot pulled out and i hit him so now my insurence is suuing me for damage. i thouht thats what insurence was for
mattfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #929
DownSouthMach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfast View Post
should i have to be sued i was busted for dragracing 6months ago and doin comunity service and probatoin for 1 year and suspend driverlisense and i got caught cause a idiot pulled out and i hit him so now my insurence is suuing me for damage. i thouht thats what insurence was for
Im not the po po, but wow just wow and
-18" DD Chrome Bullitts
DownSouthMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #930
Mustanger2

Quote:
Yes you should be punished for wilfully violating all the safety rules & the law! You don't get to thumb your nose at any law you don't like & do what you want! You got a break with your sentance & then violated the conditions on purpose! Insurance is for responsible people who try their best but have an accident not those who continually demand their own way no matter what. Sorry but you chose your actions & all actions have their consequences... the time to ask & think about that is BEFORE you do the crime!

Now I DO have a bit of sympathy for you, it is a hard path you have selected for yourself, but you did it...man up. And jfyi...I too have been stupid many times, paid my dues & learned from them...some I got away with but it eventually evened out I thinkl.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #931
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Quote:

Are you kidding? If you're driving illegally because you were a dumb*ss and lost your license, your insurance company has every right to sue you for the damage and I gladly support them. It's idiots like you that cause the rest of us to have higher premiums.

Grow up and accept some responsibility for your actions.

I also suggest you go back to elementary school and learn how to spell and compose a proper sentence.
18 Ford Explorer XLT
17 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
16 Fusion SE AWD Ecoboost
10 Fusion SE V6
66 289 Mustang Hardtop Restomod
JDraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #932
Thunderbolt
And Leadfoot

I'm still ticked off at that building that got in my way when I was drunk driving 25 years ago.

I'm livin' the Office Space dream. I'm retired, and sit on my azz and do nothing.

Every now and then, say What The F***. What The F***, gives you freedom. With freedom comes opportunity. Opportunity, makes your future. If you can't say it.......you can't do it.----Miles
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #933
DownSouthMach

Quote:
should i have to be sued i was busted for dragracing 6months ago and doin comunity service and probatoin for 1 year and suspend driverlisense and i got caught cause I"M a idiot. He pulled out and I hit him so now my insurence is suuing me for damage. i thouht thats what insurence was for (so i can break the law and have no consequences.)
Fixed
-18" DD Chrome Bullitts
DownSouthMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #934
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
You hater!!!!!!!
Charter member of the "He Man Idiot Haterz club"!!!!!!!!

18 Ford Explorer XLT
10 Fusion SE V6
Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #935
mattfast

no i probly explained it wrong. i got busted for racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming. went to court and got suspended lisence probation and c service. i had full coverage on insurance but since they say i was comiting a crime with the car they dont have to fix it and they are suing me to pay for the damage to other car is this legal is what i asking. dont use allstate they suc
Old 07-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #936
N/AKing

Quote:
no i probly explained it wrong. i got busted for racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming. went to court and got suspended lisence probation and c service. i had full coverage on insurance but since they say i was comiting a crime with the car they dont have to fix it and they are suing me to pay for the damage to other car is this legal is what i asking. dont use allstate they suc
You should be sued for posting something so hard to read. I believe Bill said it a few post back. This thread is called ask a police officer.........not ask a lawyer. Call your lawyer and have him/her handle it.

P1SC 435whp 407torque---11.90 @ 119
CRT-Performance Tuned (Norwalk, Ohio)
N/AKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:42 AM   #937
acreature
You are freaking out....

Quote:
racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming.
If you felt your driving skills were so honed that you would race on roads not meant for "racing", you would have seen him coming out onto the roadway and been able to avoid said collision.

Ah, forget it. Be thankful no one was killed, and enjoy figuring a way to pay monetarily.

I have zero sympathy for you. There's "stupid behavior" and then there's "dumbassedness". Guess which you are.

2003 Azure A/T - JLT RAI - 90mm Pro-M MAF - Bassani mid-length headers - Bassani SS O/R-X - Magnaflow SS C/B - FRPP 4.10s - Ported Lower Intake
PHP 3/8" Intake Spacer - PI Stallion 3000 stall - Meziere EWP - SCT Xcal2 - Eibach Pro-Kit - MM CC Plates - 314/324 rwhp/tq - Meter4it Chase Sequentials - MRT Hood Strut Kit
acreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #938
JDraper
On Permanant Vacation

Quote:
no i probly explained it wrong.
Maybe if you took some time to compose a proper sentence, you would have gotten your point across the first time. I see you still haven't learned how to do that....]

Quote:
i got busted for racing my talon on the service road when a old guy pulled out of a parking lot and i hit him. and i know its my fault and all that but hell he saw us coming. went to court and got suspended lisence probation and c service. i had full coverage on insurance but since they say i was comiting a crime with the car they dont have to fix it and they are suing me to pay for the damage to other car is this legal is what i asking. dont use allstate they suc

So it's your fault, but some how it's still the other driver's fault because he saw you coming? Geez kid, grow up! YOU screwed up by racing on a public road, don't try to deflect some of the blame to the other driver.

Allstate sucks because they don't want to pay for your stupidity during a crime? Riiiggghhttt....That's right up there with our motors sucking because the valve covers take some work to remove...

Guess everything sucks that doesn't go your way huh?
18 Ford Explorer XLT
10 Fusion SE V6
Old 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #939
Mustanger2

This is the same kid that is going to college soon...heaven help us if there are any more students like this one! Our Nation is doomed!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #940
mattfast

I know. My fault. End of story. See my other thread today.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #941
ttwemlow

Well, Mattfast...you sure are getting dinged by the forum, but consider yourself lucky... Do a search for a Waldorf, Maryland Drag race and you will see that the driver lost control of the car and drove through a "Group" of spectator's killing a person...

As had been said before, many of us learn the hard way, but your situation is not as bad of a lesson as it could have been. Suck it up and pay the fine.
ttwemlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 AM   #942
Unrealford
Mustang owner since 1984

Recieved a ticket today, I was speeding and when I got pulled over I tried talking my way out of ticket, Instead of speeding he gave me a ticket of
Failure to follow a traffic control device .
He did not state any speed or any infraction
My question is. Will this ticket be expensive and what usually happens in this case?
Thanks Shawn
http://www.dragzine.com/news/moms-ra...2013-schedule/
Unrealford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #943
MCHNROL
original owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealford View Post
Recieved a ticket today, I was speeding and when I got pulled over I tried talking my way out of ticket, Instead of speeding he gave me a ticket of
My question is. Will this ticket be expensive and what usually happens in this case?
Thanks Shawn
I'm near positive that is a fine with no points to raise insurance. Kinda like a favor, sort of. LOL
Built 5/23 Bought 10/9/03 AFS:17x9&10.5rims, MRT:PRO-M MAF, Street Smart CAI, MagnaFlowH&catbackw/Mach tips, Hood struts, FRPP:REM 4.10 w/31-sp Mosers, Alum flywheel&driveshaft, PHP:spacer, Steeda:Tri-ax, UCA,strut towerbrace, HPM:Megabitejr.LCA,subframes, T/A:Girdle, Raptor:shiftlite, SLP:linelock, UPR:Quad&Adj NGK TR55IX CDC:floormats, honeycombtail&sequentials, gaugerings, Grippermat, ShakrAirDiverter, Bullittfueldoor, SilverStripes, BuildIDplates, Tint@35%, cats 298rwhp/318tq FUN!
MCHNROL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #944
kopacko

That is a general catch all ticket I use here in TN when I am trying to be nice but can't just let the person go with a warning. It is typically a no points tickets.

Oh and FYI, it never hurts to call the court and ask about what will happen to your license, how much the ticket is, and if you can take driving school to make sure it doesn't show on your record (if that charges does).

2004 Competition Orange Mach1, 5-Speed
Dyno: 299 RWHP | 322 RWTQ (SAE)

BUILD DATE: 03/16/2004
PURCHASED: 05/20/2004
VIN: 1FAFP42RX4F210686
----------------------------------------
Speed of Sound Gauge Pod w/ VDO Gauges
Steed 3-point Front Strut Tower Brace
Steed Rear Shock Tower Brace (Welded)
UPR Off-Road X-Pipe + Steeda Cat-Back
SCT XCal 2 Tune
3/4" Shaker Extension
2001 Cobra Tail Lights
kopacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #945
bmeeks
1 of 124

Quote:
Thanks Shawn
in maryland it's considered a moving violation.

so with that in mind, new york says that all moving violations are assessed 2 points upon conviction, except for certain violations. the table that has these other violations can be found at http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm scroll down and you'll see a white box with a bunch of violations listed

hope that helps

IMSHAKN
Old 02-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #946
markthenarc

" Police are exempt from Motor Vehicle Law while in the performance of their duty."[/QUOTE]

True, but not entirely. I must mention "Due Regard." Yes we can speed and go through red lights, but if done without due regard for safety, Internal affairs will have something to say.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #947
jasionox666x

Quote:
Thanks Shawn
I got one of those here in PA, cost me 101 dollars total (30 dollar fine and all those extra charges and ****), no points, just the money.

Was just in PA though
jasionox666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #948
JimsZ

I would like to know what the hell is going through the head of police officers anymore... I know there are some good cops out there, but you definitely see the bad ones in the news alot anymore.

See these stories, just local to me so I'm sure there are LOTS more out there

http://www.fox59.com/news/crime/wxin...,2135973.story

http://www.fox59.com/news/crime/wxin...,4809160.story

http://www.therepublic.com/view/loca...ers_6_30_2010/

Do I live in the only area in the world where police officers are no better than those they're arresting?
JimsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:52 AM   #949
bmeeks
1 of 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsZ View Post
Do I live in the only area in the world where police officers are no better than those they're arresting?
nope, ur not the only one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...QIH_story.html

IMSHAKN
Old 06-06-2011, 12:36 PM   #950
JimsZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreature View Post
The bad ones are the only ones that get reported. When all you see and here on the news is what you've linked, that's all you'll believe.

The News reports what will get them ratings.
This was what, within a couple weeks time? I think it's rediculous. These posts. Murder, theft, stolen goods, drug charges (planting evidence).

I'd bet there are alot of guys in prison cheering right now that this cop got busted trying to plant drugs (everyone he's arrested/investigated will be getting released and probably suing the hell out of the city/state)
JimsZ is offline   Reply With Quote