2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > General Discussions > General Registry Discussion

General Registry Discussion Topics of Interest (Mach 1 Related or otherwise) for discussions that don't fit other forums.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
KEVINC666666

Shaker Trim Ring advice.

Good morning all,

Been having a water leakage problem getting to the COP covers for awhile, noticed today that the shaker trim ring doesn’t fit snug against the underside of my Mach 1 hood, about half inch gap, is this normal? The gap looks like it would let water into the engine compartment right above the driver’s side COP cover, this is where I’ve had this water leakage problem where water gets into where my COPS and spark plugs, filling with water and causing hesitation and in a couple cases fouling out of the COPS and plugs. I have the hood, the hood insulator and the shaker trim ring, I assume that’s everything needed. I’ve had another thread earlier about raising the shaker and am working on that. Thanks for any advice.
Mach 1 front and rear brakes
C&L cold air induction
17X8 AVS Chrome Mach 1 rims
4.30 Ford Racing Gears
Ford Racing aluminum D/S

Last edited by KEVINC666666; 12-31-2019 at 10:38 AM.
KEVINC666666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:53 AM   #2
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Have you probed around for a replacement shaker seal? I know it would be used, but it could be in better shape than yours. Sorry, I know that doesn’t help you in your current situation.

What I’ve been doing lately is when it’s going to sit for a week or more, I don’t allow the hood to latch. I leave it down and when it’s not latched, it won’t have anything pushing down on the shaker seal from the underside of the hood. My problems seem to be primarily from a sagging shaker seal., so this will hopefully keep it from getting worse.
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #3
KEVINC666666

Re: Shaker Trim Ring advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab_mach1 View Post
Have you probed around for a replacement shaker seal? I know it would be used, but it could be in better shape than yours. Sorry, I know that doesn’t help you in your current situation.

What I’ve been doing lately is when it’s going to sit for a week or more, I don’t allow the hood to latch. I leave it down and when it’s not latched, it won’t have anything pushing down on the shaker seal from the underside of the hood. My problems seem to be primarily from a sagging shaker seal., so this will hopefully keep it from getting worse.

Good morning,

Yep, I located a new shaker seal for $150 and plan on buying it, wanna have at least have a spare, getting decent parts for this shaker system look to becoming very difficult these days.
C&L cold air induction
4.30 Ford Racing Gears
Ford Racing aluminum D/S
Old 01-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #4
KEVINC666666

Re: Shaker Trim Ring advice.

UPDATE:

Okay so I had a body shop shave the underside of my hood so the bezel would fit flush against the underside of the hood, ran a bead of clear silicone around the area to seal it. I took my shaker off and raised the rear part of the shaker about 3/8 inch to direct any water towards the front drain hole, I’ll know in the future if this worked, gonna purchase a new shaker seal this week.
C&L cold air induction
4.30 Ford Racing Gears
Ford Racing aluminum D/S