2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Fluid Systems (coolant, oil, fuel)

Old 07-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
nightsun

Code P0190

Got a code P0190 FRPS and P0193 (both are related to FRPS failures) last weekend after a hard drive and the car wouldnt start. The vac lines on the mani were full of fuel..Next day I swapped in a good FRPS and the car started and ran...although it idled pretty rich. I disconnected the bat for 30 min and the idle finally cleared up but then I noticed a fuel leak under the tank coming from the outlet adapter on the fore hat (gt pumps). Fixed that today...turned car on...idled and reved perfectly...let it warm up and shut it down. 45 minutes later I went to turn it on again and while it was idling the sct showed code P0190 again. Car still seemed to idle and rev okay although I didnt want to chance it and shut her down. I should mention that before all these codes came about I changed the pas vc gasket. I thought maybe I popped off a vac line or distorted the fuel inlet but I checked and double checked everything. Maybe the ecu just needs time to relearn the curves. My check engine light is not coming on but the sct is picking up these codes. I need to check fuel pressure at idle...Im thinking its a bit too high. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, what role (if any) does this disc play in fuel supply? Thanks in advance for the help.
nightsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
Lonestar7

Cool Re: Code P0190

Change your fuel filter.

LS
Lonestar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
nightsun

Re: Code P0190

I was thinking about that but the filter in there now only has about 3500 miles on it but has been installed for a year. I'll change it tomorrow to be on the safe side. I'm still curious about what that disc is. I thought it was a regulator but there was no mention of it in the chiltons manual. Thanks btw
nightsun is offline   Reply With Quote