2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club  

Go Back   2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club > "GO" Discussions > Electrical System

Old 11-12-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Fay4927@yahoo.c

2004 Mach 1 Engine Harness

I have a question, is a 2002 GT engine harness (firewall forward), not PCM harness.the same as on the 2004 Mach 1. Additionally, is the 2004 Mach 1 auto engine harness different from the manual engine harness?
Fay4927@yahoo.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 02:35 AM   #2
hotford

Re: 2004 Mach 1 Engine Harness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay4927@yahoo.c View Post
I have a question, is a 2002 GT engine harness (firewall forward), not PCM harness.the same as on the 2004 Mach 1. Additionally, is the 2004 Mach 1 auto engine harness different from the manual engine harness?
Hell ya...lol
GT engine harness doesn't' have knock sensors, so the Mach is a two piece engine harness were the GT is one..
Auto harnesses are different from stick ones yes, they have a revision for the auto harness which plugs into the engine harness via CCRM-PCM harness...

If your going to an stick to an auto you will need all to make it work...put if your handy you can pin out the harness and locations and make it work.

whats your goal or project...a GT harness and pcm will run a mach motor with little modification....
2011 Shelby GT 500
hotford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #3
Fay4927@yahoo.c

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotford View Post
Hell ya...lol
GT engine harness doesn't' have knock sensors, so the Mach is a two piece engine harness were the GT is one..
Auto harnesses are different from stick ones yes, they have a revision for the auto harness which plugs into the engine harness via CCRM-PCM harness...

If your going to an stick to an auto you will need all to make it work...put if your handy you can pin out the harness and locations and make it work.

whats your goal or project...a GT harness and pcm will run a mach motor with little modification....
Hi, thanks for the reply. Here is what I have. I am installing a 2004 Mach 1 engine in a 1966 mustang. I believe the engine was out of a manual, not sure. I have the engine matted to a 4R75W. The engine has most of the engine harness attached. Part of the front engine harness that connects to the AC and the Crank Position sensor is broken. Art in California did a wire diet on my dash harness (PCM harness that connects to the engine harness and the CCRM (he did a great job with the diet and labeling)). After tying to connect the PCM harness to the engine harness, I learned that there is one less connection on the engine harness for the automatic transmission harness. Additionally, there are a couple connections missing on the front of the engine harness that would connect to the PCM harness.
I mentioned the GT engine harness, thinking that I would purchase a complete one if I could not get the 04 Mach 1 engine harness to work.
Any thoughts or diagrams for the 04 Mach 1 engine harness?

Everything so far on the engine is Mach 1. the PCM is 04 Mach 1 Automatic. By the way, I have a painless (not really painless) chassis harness.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Fay4927@yahoo.c

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Here is what I have. I am installing a 2004 Mach 1 engine in a 1966 mustang. I believe the engine was out of a manual, not sure. I have the engine matted to a 4R75W. The engine has most of the engine harness attached. Part of the front engine harness that connects to the AC and the Crank Position sensor is broken. Art in California did a wire diet on my dash harness (PCM harness that connects to the engine harness and the CCRM (he did a great job with the diet and labeling)). After tying to connect the PCM harness to the engine harness, I learned that there is one less connection on the engine harness for the automatic transmission harness. Additionally, there are a couple connections missing on the front of the engine harness that would connect to the PCM harness.
I mentioned the GT engine harness, thinking that I would purchase a complete one if I could not get the 04 Mach 1 engine harness to work.

Everything so far on the engine is Mach 1. the PCM is 04 Mach 1 Automatic. By the way, I have a painless (not really painless) chassis harness.
Hi can we chat live? Would be interested in the pin out option. Assuming it would be to the connector between the pcm harness and engine harness.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:24 AM   #5
hotford

Quote:

Manual motors have a 8 bolt wheel, auto are 6 bolt, you can repair the connectors on both the A/C and Crank sensor, make sure when repairing the Crank sensor that the shield covering goes almost to the connector.
Auto harnesses have the main 36 pin connector and three connectors, which stick will have two with the main 36 pin.
honestly a GT harness can run your mach engine and would be easier to aquire with the auto harness.
the only difference is the coil wires need to be reversed and the GT has no Knock sensors...most tuners shut them off anyways, but you will need to run a GT auto PCM as the Mach will have some pins in different locations but you can move some of the pins to accommodate... I have both harness diagrams if you need them.

Chris.
2011 Shelby GT 500

Last edited by hotford; 11-14-2019 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:48 PM   #6
Fay4927@yahoo.c

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. I have put a lot of time and money in the mach 1 harness. Wish that I had spoken with you earlier. Will you please provide both harness diagrams? I will try to pin the third connector on the auto tranny harness. By the way i do have the 8 bolt fly. I will add the AC and crank connector. Thanks for the info.

Do you have a diagram of what else connects to the PCM harness near the CCRM?
Old 11-15-2019, 01:04 AM   #7
hotford

Need your E mail address and I can send you the diagrams.

Chris.
2011 Shelby GT 500
Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #8
Fay4927@yahoo.c

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotford View Post
Need your E mail address and I can send you the diagrams.

Chris.
here is my email: fay4927@yahoo.com

One quick question. How do I determine which tranny connection is missing between the auto and the stick? Is it clearly laid out?

Thanks, Michael

Last edited by Fay4927@yahoo.c; 11-20-2019 at 09:33 PM.